GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

I think you're right regrading the kidnapping charge. That was during the polar vortex. One can only pray she was not conscious or came to after she was put in that suitcase.
IMO he taped her up, beat and raped her. I think she was unconscious but alive when she went into the suitcase. That’s just what I gather from his watered down version of events.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. I think he raped her and beat her (with the tape over her mouth) then when she was unconscious or deceased, he taped her wrists and legs together to get her into the suitcase. I think he thought she already had died before he dumped her.

IMO he taped her up, beat and raped her. I think she was unconscious but alive when she went into the suitcase. That’s just what I gather from his watered down version of events.

Valerie Reyes' ex admits dumping her body in a suitcase but denies murder, police say | Daily Mail Online

The first picture has emerged of the man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend and stuffing her body into a suitcase as police say he admitted dumping her remains but has denied murder.

Javier Enrique Da Silva Rojas, 24, is accused of murdering Valerie Reyes, also 24, in New Rochelle, New York, before tying her up, stuffing her into a case, then leaving it by the side of a road in Connecticut.

Rojas was arrested Tuesday and police say he told them that Reyes died after falling and hitting her head while the pair were having sex.

An image taken from his Instagram account shows the pair side by side in a CVS pharmacy almost exactly a year ago.

[...]

upload_2019-2-13_14-31-14.jpegupload_2019-2-13_14-31-30.jpegupload_2019-2-13_14-31-47.jpegupload_2019-2-13_14-32-1.jpeg

OK so what happened to the report of Valerie being identified as the one using the debit card based on security footage?

The complaint speaks only of JDS being identified as the one on the security footage.

I am so glad an arrest was made this quickly, but I am still very confused.

This complaint does not include all the evidence. IMO it was used to obtain the kidnapping charge and to establish a later charge of murder.
The complaint is an affidavit of the FBI agent. An affidavit usually only contains enough evidence to show probable cause for a judge to sign off on it and a charge be brought. It's my understanding that once a charge is brought, evidence obtained after a charge is brought cannot be used unless prosecutors apply for, receive and file a superseding indictment.
Note: It's a female Judge & I believe she will be the Justice overseeing this case. I'm curious to see her history of previous rulings. However, I gotta be careful - open tabs = my computer overheating... again. :eek:

Attachments

• Complaint -For probable cause does not include all the facts.PNG
    Complaint -For probable cause does not include all the facts.PNG
    98.5 KB · Views: 16
I've read all the posts in this thread and I haven't seen this theory posted:

Valerie breaks up with boyfriend. Older boyfriend gets wind of this and contacts Valerie in an attempt to re-kindle the old relationship. Valerie declines. Guy gets angry and starts making threats, which cause her to start to fear for her life.

OK so what happened to the report of Valerie being identified as the one using the debit card based on security footage?

The complaint speaks only of JDS being identified as the one on the security footage.

I am so glad an arrest was made this quickly, but I am still very confused.

I'm still confused about the ATM video footage as well. I was under the impression that LE knew that it was Valerie at the ATM.

On another note, this is so illustrative of the perils of domestic violence and meeting up with predators and the trap of wanting to be "nice". So many women fall into the trap of wanting to be supportive or not be a b**ch and these guys manipulate and take advantage of us (and I include myself in this because I've done it) and not realize that there is true danger here -- OR like in Valerie's case, have a strong intuitive sense of it, obviously, but then ignore our natural self-preservation instincts in our socially ingrained need to be nice and not make waves.

Because it can't be said enough, The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker speaks of this.

Trust your instincts. Say no. Scream. Do what you have to do. Your life may be at stake. And if you were wrong...so what? No harm done.

Anyone buying for a second that Valerie fell and hit her head and all he did was dump the body?

Yeah. Me neither.

Heck no I don't believe she fell and hit her head. Even if she did fall and hit her head why was it gashed in.... I think he went to her apartment and tied her up and taped her mouth then the jerk raped her. I don't think she was still alive when she was left in the suitcase. But if she was still alive in the suitcase I'm sure he thought she was dead because he sure as heck wouldn't have wanted her to identify him is she wouldn't have died. But anyways I don't believe for a second that she fell and hit her head on her own and I bet he raped her not just went there and had mutual sex. I'm so glad he's been arrested. I feel so bad for Valerie's poor family. What a horror this must be for them.

I also want to know what happened to the bed sheets? Also I'm guessing the suitcase was Valerie's or did he bring his own suitcase. If he brought his own suitcase or went and bought it then that shows her murder was certainly premeditated. Even without the suitcase I still think it was premeditated. He went to her apartment with every intent to kill her.

I think old Javier left some important details out of his story he used to explain how Valerie died or should I say how he killed her.

I would think there would have to be some form of communication between Valerie and Javier prior to him coming to her apartment, which could be confirmed through phone or text records. Would seem strange if there was no communication between the two, which would point to Javier showing up unannounced and uninvited.

Regardless if Javier came to Valerie's apartment invited or unannounced, I think Javier likely became violent with her, raped her and then killed her. He may have bound her hands and feet and placed a gag over her mouth as a way to control her and to keep others from hearing her scream for help. For Javier to bind Valerie's feet and knees, tie her hands behinds her back and places tape over her mouth after she was dead makes absolutely no sense at all. And if she was still alive, why would he do such things if the two of them were having consensual sex?

Then throw in the fact that Valerie feared she would be murdered and it's easy for me to see he likely wasn't invited over for dinner.

JMO

Heck no I don't believe she fell and hit her head. Even if she did fall and hit her head why was it gashed in.... I think he went to her apartment and tied her up and taped her mouth then the jerk raped her. I don't think she was still alive when she was left in the suitcase. But if she was still alive in the suitcase I'm sure he thought she was dead because he sure as heck wouldn't have wanted her to identify him is she wouldn't have died. But anyways I don't believe for a second that she fell and hit her head on her own and I bet he raped her not just went there and had mutual sex. I'm so glad he's been arrested. I feel so bad for Valerie's poor family. What a horror this must be for them.

I think old Javier left some important details out of his story he used to explain how Valerie died or should I say how he killed her.

I would think there would have to be some form of communication between Valerie and Javier prior to him coming to her apartment, which could be confirmed through phone or text records. Would seem strange if there was no communication between the two, which would point to Javier showing up unannounced and uninvited.

Regardless if Javier came to Valerie's apartment invited or unannounced, I think Javier likely became violent with her, raped her and then killed her. He may have bound her hands and feet and placed a gag over her mouth as a way to control her and to keep others from hearing her scream for help. For Javier to bind Valerie's feet and knees, tie her hands behinds her back and places tape over her mouth after she was dead makes absolutely no sense at all. And if she was still alive, why would he do such things if the two of them were having consensual sex?

Then throw in the fact that Valerie feared she would be murdered and it's easy for me to see he likely wasn't invited over for dinner.

JMO

Completely agree. He's totally full of crap and self-serving lies, like most despicable murderers.

These crimes just make me so angry. Valerie is dead and this guy now gets to spend possibly his entire remaining life in prison. So is he happy now? I don't understand how these guys can be this stupid.

I agree. These crimes make me so angry as well. I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life in the "general population" in prison. He looks like a short little dude so I'm pretty sure other inmates will make them their *itch. He sure as heck will never be a free man ever again. I have faith our justice system will prevail for Valerie.

I agree. These crimes make me so angry as well. I hope he spends the rest of his miserable life in the "general population" in prison. He looks like a short little dude so I'm pretty sure other inmates will make them their *itch. He sure as heck will never be a free man ever again. I have faith our justice system will prevail for Valerie.
If I'm correct, that "resulting in death" attached to the Kidnapping charge qualifies him for the death penalty.

If I'm correct, that "resulting in death" attached to the Kidnapping charge qualifies him for the death penalty.

Death penalty was created for monsters like him. Only problem with the death penalty is they have a somewhat quick death. Life with no parole might be better for him so he would be in the general population.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back