IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the media I'm following (I and others have already posted multiple times) are giving direct quotes from the CPD spokesperson.

If they media was misrepresenting the CPD spokespersons statements I'm sure they would come out immediately and correct the record.

The local reporters who have been tweeting source is the CPD.
How much could they correct without revealing more than they want about the case.
He either is a victim or not. I wonder if it is a case of blaming the victim only because they can't find evidence to support his claim. IMO

Thats a really interesting video (although all the movement when he was cycling made me feel a bit queasy and the end was a bit paranoid), there are definitely questions about why he went the route he did at night in such cold conditions, who would voluntarily walk by the water front. Also the door he entered is so secluded. I assumed when they talked about him walking past security in initial reports that he reentered the building through a main entrance not some dodgy back entrance.

Question, did anyone see a walk thru of the path from the victims place to Subway. I can list a link but every inch is covered. There are cameras everywhere. Very shaky but informative..
Bench at 1:29 on video. Right outside the apartment of Jussie.
ETA...also nice little cut out/doorway in brick building where the two men were seen walking on video from LE.
Possibly stayed in there to hide/shelter and keep warm while waiting for Jussie to return. Or did he see them on the bench when he left his apartment.Interesting video.
Helped to see the layout.IMO

Last edited:
This seems to be a different spokesperson than the ones we've heard from before
Chicago police deny reports they're considering charging Jussie Smollett with making a false report after he said he was attacked by men yelling racist and homophobic slurs

"Chicago Police did not find videos of the attack, and said they have not identified any suspects. Multiple outlets had reported that police superintendent Eddie Johnson said he is considering charging Smollett with making a false report if the case proves to be a hoax.
But Michael denied that the police department is treating Smollett as anything but a victim, and said reports to the contrary were false.
"False report charges, huh?" Michael told INSIDER. "We said multiple times, he is still considered a victim.""

"Michael told INSIDER that Smollett gave them the records in a PDF with redactions, which don't meet the standards of evidence the police department requires. He said the department is seeking the phone records in the original format.
"It's not that we're saying he's lying, or changed them," Michael said. "We need to be able to have our detective to go to a judge and say under oath they were verified. ... In the end, if we charge someone, they have to be found guilty without a reasonable doubt.""

Question, did anyone see a walk thru of the path from the victims place to Subway. I can list a link but every inch is covered. There are cameras everywhere. Very shaky but informative..
The bench! We finally see the bench, and it is right around the corner from the apartment entrance right at the beginning of the video (I can't believe the guy who made this video missed it). I couldn't see the bench on google street view, but there it is. So Jussie had to walk right past them to cross the street yet apparently Jussie did not see them following him. "Here's a camera, here's a camera, there's a camera..." - pretty unbelievable amount of cameras. It's truly unbelievable that the attack occurred at a location not on video and that video did not pick up the men following Jussie to the not-on-video location.

"It might be better just to listen than to watch, I'll give you a headache" - word of advice from the guy who made the video. He's not kidding!

Last edited:
Good Morning America will have an interview tomorrow morning with Jussie. Should be interesting!

That is interesting. Maybe this will clear up a lot of questions.

I wondered if the media just took this attack, and ran with it, escalating the situation. Not unlike the situation in D.C. with a young man wearing a MAGA hat, who BTW has several lawsuits pending against various news agencies for defamation.

That is interesting. Maybe this will clear up a lot of questions.

I wondered if the media just took this attack, and ran with it, escalating the situation. Not unlike the situation in D.C. with a young man wearing a MAGA hat, who BTW has several lawsuits pending against various news agencies for defamation.

What I've seen on the TV news anyway is that they have been pretty cautious. I watch GMA every day and in their reporting on this incident they have treated him like a victim, BUT you can tell by their demeanor that they know something is off. So, I think the interview will be interesting. I hope he is asked about his phone records.

We now know the brand of hot sauce: Chilli Habanero.

The photo in the article shows the hot sauce being cordoned off. It doesn't look like a secluded area, pretty much in the open. Looks like something someone tossed out of their car window.

Wouldn't it have been found when LE first investigated the attack not days or weeks later?

Last edited:
Jussie Smollett cries as he gives his first interview about homophobic, racist attack after hitting out at Chicago police and handing over redacted phone records from the night of the incident

Jussie Smollett cries as he gives his first interview about homophobic, racist attack | Daily Mail Online

Oh that's interesting... I don't see any tears. However, I do see a grin as he pulls up his lips to close his eyes.

Body language readers may get a kick out of trying to interpret the victims interview tomorrow. But, I don't think that much more will be gleamed from his interview. After all, the investigation is on-going and he wouldn't want to jeopardize anything with these two treacherous MAGA lovin' knuckle dragging peasants walking the streets.

I believe the victim will promote the reassurances that he has received from Superintendent Eddie Johnson that he is a victim, and will always be...always.

The photo in the article shows the hot sauce being cordoned off. It doesn't look like a secluded area, pretty much in the open. Looks like something someone tossed out of their car window.

The NY post article said it was found "near the foot of a stairwell to the Loews" but presumably the reporter moved it to smell it etc. so I wonder was that its original position because I agree it looks very out in the open in that photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member