Found Deceased OH - Amber Evans, 28, Columbus, missing after domestic dispute, 28 Jan 2019

I don't know what happened to this strong and impressive young woman. But I do want to throw this out there in response to people saying that purchasing cold medicine doesn't make sense ahead of a suicide: people who commit suicide sometimes do completely normal and mundane things right up until the act. Bunch of reasons for this but one of them is they aren't done with living until they are. If that makes sense. Also depending on what exactly the cold medicine was and how much she purchased it could be a part of a suicide plan. I'm not fully convinced of a suicide in this case, but given the high stakes and stress of her moral calling coupled with a break up it's sadly within the realm of possibilities.

Police: No evidence of foul play in case of Amber Evans' disappearance

[...]

Investigators said they have interviewed at least 10 people who knew Evans and said they've searched electronic devices for clues.

"And they have yielded information that has been beneficial to us. That's really all the details that I will provide at this time," Behnen said, who added police have found no evidence of foul play.

"We have not found anything at this time," he said.

[...]

My reminder... ALTHOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO AMBER, please know that suicides can be anyone. There is no template. It can be someone who just bought groceries, just landed a great new job, just got married, just booked a fabulous international vacation, just bought a car, a puppy, a treadmill... It can be someone who has a great family, a great home, wonderful friends... someone who seemingly has everything going for them and people who love them say, "oh no, never..." because it can be anyone.

I hope it isn't Amber but her mother even positing that she may be off clearing her head gives me pause...

Those who love her deserve to know what happened and where she is and I hope they get answers soon. This is heartbreaking...

BUMP!
I completely agree and understand what y’all are saying about suicide. Humans, their emotions and decisions are all so complicated, situational, and so many variables at play. With all of that said, this case gives me a bad feeling and I’m just not on the same page with this one. MOO!

I have to tell you, I've seen a few cases on here, even recently, when LE said no foul play was suspected, when indeed it was foul play.

It definitely could be suicide, but I am keeping other thoughts open as to what happened to poor Amber.

Excellent. So well researched and John Lordan has a huge heart. Love this man, love this video, please watch and share. He has tons of other great helpful videos like this one.

WE NEED YOU AMBER!!! If only everyone was like you...
The world does need more people like Amber, which is why this missing case upsets me so much. It doesn’t seem like enough is being done to find her.

The world does need more people like Amber, which is why this missing case upsets me so much. It doesn’t seem like enough is being done to find her.

:rolleyes: Ya know how in politics if someone doesn't like what you do/say/believe/stand for/etc...you might get/have a target on your back. The worst is they may control the media to some degree or the investigation or the resources or or or....:(

I suppose BET is main stream enough? If not, delete.

Community Demands Answers After Activist Amber Evans Goes Missing For Over A Month

Many are accusing Columbus PD of conducting a slow investigation because of Evans’ past criticism of them through her activism. They refute the allegation, claiming that they are working as hard as they can but there have been delays because it’s been too cold to drag the river.

SNIP

Alex-Bouzounis reiterated her department is doing all they can to locate Evans and everyone else currently missing. "We have eight detectives in our missing persons unit. As you can imagine they have big caseloads. We rely on family and friends as well as tips to assist us in locating the missing," she said. "We want to provide closure to Amber’s family as well as the thousands of others who have loved ones missing. Her family and her friends are working with us which helps a great deal."

SNIP

Amber Evans’ father, Brian Peters, told Refinery29 on February 13 that he doesn’t have any updates and all he really knows is that his daughter “vanished from downtown.” During an interview with the publication on Monday (February 25), Peters says he hopes investigators will be able to search the water soon. He’s also setting up a Facebook page to showcase Amber’s work with the community.

"This page will be for anyone who knew her that she helped in anyway. A page where people can share who Amber was to them," Peters said. "She will always be my beautiful baby girl that changed the direction of my life and gave me purpose. But she gave her life to helping others and activism ... so I want to hear what her life meant to others."

If you or someone you know could provide information about Evans’ disappearance, please contact the Columbus Police Department’s Special Victims Bureau at 614-645-4624 or 614-645-4545.

#

Huh, imagine that. BET used Refinery29 as a source. :) I guess this will get deleted/edited too. :confused:

Pasted from above - BBM

"This page will be for anyone who knew her that she helped in anyway. A page where people can share who Amber was to them," Peters said. "She will always be my beautiful baby girl that changed the direction of my life and gave me purpose. But she gave her life to helping others and activism ... so I want to hear what her life meant to others."
#

This breaks my heart. :( Her poor parents and other loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back