Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sad that here we are two years later and this killer is still not known. I know all of us who have been here from the beginning never fathomed this would be the case.

The years tick by on these cases, it is brutal.

I have so many cases that I have followed without answers throughout the years (a DECADE now), that I had to give it a rest. It took a toll. I am not family. Just a stranger with empathy.

A victim of a crime has pain and suffering and then it ends.

A family member or friend can suffer through the pain of reliving the crime over and over throughout the rest of their lives.

Do not let that happen. It will crush you and suck all good from you. No good will come of it, reliving and imagining their pain.

That is all I can say.

We had local coverage on our local news - Nothing.
What I did get from the PC that this was a local. I cannot believe it's been two years - these girls deserve justice.
What is the harm releasing more info.??? Two years & LE is out there still begging for tips?

That’s a thought. Remember how after months of everyone looking at the hat LE said, “Disregard the hat.”
The hat bugs me. I can’t understand why they used that in the sketch. I really believe in the photos he’s wearing a baseball cap that he has squashed the bill of like a lot of guys do.

JMHO,
I suspect the reason they would say that his eyes are "definitely not blue," is because they have DNA that they have submitted to Parabon. It's hard to believe they would use the word "definitely" based on eye-witness statements alone, which are often unreliable. I wonder if they have already tried ancestry websites. I'd be surprised if they hadn't, and if they haven't, they should.

In the midst of listening of Trisha’s interview with Becky Patty. Her voice is so calm and soothing, and how brave all the family has been. When the question came up about helping LE, Becky’s advice is to share the flyer, share the word. It may be some people have missed it (hard to imagine for us here, but that’s the truth).

Based on Becky’s words, I think fighting to keep the word out, the pressure on, is important. Thanks, Becky! You are an amazing woman.

Last edited:
JMHO,
I suspect the reason they would say that his eyes are "definitely not blue," is because they have DNA that they have submitted to Parabon. It's hard to believe they would use the word "definitely" based on eye-witness statements alone, which are often unreliable. I wonder if they have already tried ancestry websites. I'd be surprised if they hadn't, and if they haven't, they should.

I am beginning to suspect that might have been error, to release the lack of blue eyes. All I can make of it is they put too much confidence in the eye witness testimony, who came forward later. No judgement, but eye witness memory can be difficult. We all know how hard it is for anyone to identify any characteristics after time away from the crime. If DNA was submitted to a DNA analysis agency like Parabon and blue eyes was ruled out, then I would believe it with more certainty, and that should be shared with the public who could identify him. It would make more sense to release more of the screen captures from Libby’s vid and more voice than make a definitive statement like that. Just MO.

The hat bugs me. I can’t understand why they used that in the sketch. I really believe in the photos he’s wearing a baseball cap that he has squashed the bill of like a lot of guys do.

I know. Does he have a head full of brownish hair or is he wearing a cap? I go with the latter, and hopefully one day we will know. Night all.

I think the reason this person has not been caught is because the composite sketch of the suspect is wrong.

In today's world of everybody wanting to be involved with amateur investigation, it could be that the witnesses they used to create the sketch either are describing a different person than the suspect or describing a different picture than what the suspect actually looks like. Either way, police must have been rather confident in these eyewitnesses' statements in order to publish it as the picture of their suspect.

That was a disappointing presser. At least it will remind the public that the case isn't solved. The general public has a short attention span.
So true and this case reminds me a lot of the cousins in Iowa LC and EC back in July 2012, coming up on 7 years for them. I lived in Iowa back then. It was a nightmare.

Hope there are answers for the families and loved ones soon.

Jmo there is a zero percent chance that LE is watching a suspect. That is not what they are saying, nor is how they are behaving. Imo they are desperate for a valid suspect.

LE said with this murder investigation few details have been released to the public. LE doesn't want to compromise the investigation, this would explain how they are behaving. But neither do we know what evidence investigators do have. Sometimes reading between the lines gives insight what possible is happening.
Your correct they are desperate for a valid suspect.

I do feel the unsolved murder of the girls, keeps LE up late at night, hoping the next day
they will provide answers to Abby and Libby's families so they can begin the healing process.
JMO

I think of King County Sheriff Dave Reichert and the Green River Killer Gary L Ridgeway, he was a suspect for years
before LE announced his arrest.
He came too police attention in April 1983, a victims boyfriend followed a pickup suspected in the disappearance,
it was identified as Ridgway's.
May 1984 Ridgway reached out to Green River Task Force offering information, passes a polygraph test.
April 1987 LE searched Ridgway's home and vehicles, he was the last person seen with two victims.
LE took bodily samples from Ridgway, but there was insufficient evidence to arrest him.
Nov 2001 LE announced the arrest of Green River Killer.

Can anyone understand this statement from the press conference earlier?

“I’m confident that if he’s listening in or she’s listening in or whoever it is, that at some point I’ll be sitting across from you in the courtroom.”

Indiana girls' murders still defy solution, two years on, but prosecutor's 'confident' killer will be found

Surely “Down the hill” is a male voice?

JMOO It was poorly stated, but I believe he is referring to the broader statement, made earlier, that someone out there knows who it is.

Investigation ongoing 2 years after Abby Williams, Libby German killed in Delphi (with clip)

FEBRUARY 13, 2019

"DELPHI, Ind. - It’s been two years since Abby Williams and Libby German went missing during a hike on the Delphi Historic Trails on Feb. 13, 2017. Their bodies were found the next day.

And still, the person who killed them has not been found.

From the beginning, police have released very little in this investigation. But they say this is not a cold case and remains an active investigation.

An admission from the Carroll County Sheriff early on revealed DNA was found at the scene.

“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby in February 2017.

Police won’t discuss even now what DNA was found or why no one has been arrested two years and more than 38,000 tips later.

“We’re getting approximately 10-12 tips in a day,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley. “Over 1,100 subjects that we have looked at.”..."

Investigation ongoing 2 years after Abby Williams, Libby German killed in Delphi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the midst of listening of Trisha’s interview with Becky Patty. Her voice is so calm and soothing, and how brave all the family has been. When the question came up about helping LE, Becky’s advice is to share the flyer, share the word. It may be some people have missed it (hard to imagine for us here, but that’s the truth).

Based on Becky’s words, I think fighting to keep the word out, the pressure on, is important. Thanks, Becky! You are an amazing woman.
I agree...after listening to Trisha's interview with Becky, I feel that if we sincerely want to help, we need to keep sharing the pictures and his voice on every single SM avenue we have accessible to us. I have never had a case touch me as this one has. We went to the memorial, we met family members, we went to the trails and to the bridge and to the cemetery. I am dedicated to finding this monster. Let's all be dedicated to find this monster for Libby and Abbey..let's do what we can to get the word out....never mind if we think LE is doing their job or not doing their job, Let US do the job of sharing this case and getting it out into the public. We are a strong group here in WS...forget about what LE is doing or not doing... WE, here at WS can help by sharing the flyers, the voice and the pictures every single day !!! Let's do our part !!!!

I don't know if most have seen this, but I think it is worth a watch. The link to a Jan. 25, 2019 interview by Angela Hope with Tobe Leazenby to answer some of the questions that the community has (and that websleuthers have) is at the bottom of this post.

Here is my paraphrasing of most of the questions, which are in bold:

Everybody wants to know why you called off the search for Libby and Abby.

Tobe Laezenby emphasizes that it was not an individual decision made by him to call off the search, rather that it was the decision after a meeting with police, fire, EMS and other community volunteers. The consensus was to make a temporary stop of that search and then restart the search early the next morning. Tobe goes on to say that even though they had formally stopped the search, they did know there were people out there searching throughout the night, particularly community volunteers. We were not in a position where we could tell everyone to stop, so basically we made it optional.

They also noted that they learned that Abby and Libby sometimes went to each others' homes (or other places) sometimes without communicating it to family members.

When asked if the community was in any immediate danger, your answer was no. Can you explain that?

I've been with this agency for 32 years and I have a lot of feeling and real faith that we were not dealing with an ongoing event as far as someone going out there and committing this crime again. More of a concern for me as a LE leader, we obviously did not want to create a large amount of paranoia and concern where individuals and families would have to constantly be looking over their shoulder wondering who is that behind me. That's no way for a community to live. This was solely isolated to these individuals involved. There was no factual information to believe we were dealing with an ongoing situation with someone out there in the community. I still feel the community is safe.

Out of everyone who has been questioned or searched, they are still a person of interest and they will remain that way until there is a conviction?

Correct. People are arrested every day. Whether or not they are charged by the prosecutor and then taken to court and convicted is a whole set of new circumstances. The arrest is just the beginning point...We want to strive for that conviction, which is the ultimate justice for Abby and Libby.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=tobe leazenby&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members