TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered his apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to me it has selectively been legal for those entrusted with great powers for years on end across the nation.

Pass laws knowing the praetorian members of society will only enforce them on all others without any concern those in the industry break those very same laws, and many more, for fun or profit.

Remember Edwin Edwards ( was that his name?) H e was asked if he had done some illegal things. I forget what they were . He said, “Why sure. Corruption is legal in Louisiana.”

Last edited:
This is not an issue of gun control. If anything, it could be an issue of Affirmative Action strikes again. The Killer is a member of an elite team on the Dallas PD.

Has her status as a female, had anything to do with this appointment?

Has the Killer ever done things that would not have been acceptable, but she was given a pass because she is female?

This is not an issue of gun control. If anything, it could be an issue of Affirmative Action strikes again. The Killer is a member of an elite team on the Dallas PD.

Has her status as a female, had anything to do with this appointment?

Has the Killer ever done things that would not have been acceptable, but she was given a pass because she is female?

I am not sure about affirmative action being a causal factor here. I don't think this is about competence as much as it is about fraternity-like thinking: we do what we do, we don't say what we do, and we protect those in our fraternity from people thinking we have done something. It is always remember the code.

The end result of that thinking is finding oneself above the law when you operate outside of the norms or you do something against the law. For example, officers in my family carry their cards and rarely, if ever, get tickets. Some in my family have the shield on their car and rarely, if ever, get tickets. Some in my family ride with the uniform shirt draped over their front driver side seat and rarely, if ever, get parking tickets. That is the benefit of fraternal thinking.

How that has morphed as policing has become more militaristic has created more questionable actions over time. The citizenry that is most vulnerable, the one who have most contact and chance of negative encounters, have been on the front lines of this shift. We, as those who have less encounters, are just beginning to see the impact of the fraternity and the more militaristic view of encounters with the public. And, I think many would agree that it is scary.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Demanding somebody read an obscure or mainstream book to "be in on" your use as what most would readily deem a contextually inappropriate epithet, and even if having read the book would easily see it as double entendre.

I have zero desire to weed out a stranger's intent from artful language craftings relying on narrow and esoteric knowledge to cipher. So 30 other students from your class of 1975-ish get it, I doubt a single one of them is participating in this forum's thread.

Read the book "The Naked Ape. I'm certain that it will make my, and all of us who grew up reading it (in High School for me) intent clear. It was a New York Times Best Seller List book. You can and should distrust me all you feel a need to, but please do not imply that I am anything but literate and just another knuckle dragging, crusty, old naked ape!

Well since the State of Texas only violated is own arrest and bail laws in holding them longer than legally allowed and when they should have been issued a citation/summons, and violated the rights conferred to them by the Consitutions of Texas and the United State of America, this seems about par for the course and my guess is those involved all got raises and maybe won a vacation.

2 of the protesters were fired from their jobs!

Here is their Go Fund Me page:

Click here to support Two of the Dallas 9 need your help organized by Daryl X

Well, work is work. I know I have zero rights for "free speech" to protest about anything. Unless I want to be unemployed. They didn't show up to work, their choice.

There is a guy who expects people to fund him, to protest. Seriously?!

Closing thread. When I see the "Russians" in a thread about a cop who walked into the wrong apartment and shot an innocent man...I can safely assume the thread has gone off the rails.

let's be honest about who is paying for this $500+/hr attorney,

And that honesty means admitting that there are many variables that are unknown.

- Do we really know that his fee is $500 an hour?

- Has the attorney reduced his fee due to his own motivations? Defense attorneys use their association with high profile cases as a form of advertising for future clients. It is not unheard of for very expensive attorneys to offer reduced rates in return for “advertising”. As a result, some impoverished street thugs with high profile criminal cases that have political spins, terror suspects of the Islamic, left- or right wing kind, and…. some Police officers accused of murder show up with legal representation far outside their income levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member