GUILTY TX - Police find 4 malnourished children, locked in a dog crate, Wise County, Feb 2019 *arrests*

MicheleT

Reaction score
Police find 4 malnourished children -- 2 of them locked in a dog crate
The three boys and one girl ranged in age from 1 to 5, and didn't say much when police arrived at the home near Rhome, authorities said. They were hungry and thirsty, and covered in feces, Akin said.

2 kids found in dog cages, 2 more covered in waste in Texas barn
Andrew Joseph Fabila and Paige Isabow Harkings, both 24, were charged with four counts of criminal child endangerment, Wise County jail records showed. Harkings also was charged with aggravated assault.

andrew-fabila-and-paige-harkings.jpg

So did the parents also live in the barn? There is a house near the barn, wonder who lives there? WTF!! is right..stop having kids..poor little things. I hope the charges they're facing carry some considerable time in TX. I'm so sick of this crap!! :mad::mad::mad: better stop now...

Oh how I wish I could be on the jury in both of their trials! Texas has the death penalty for special sick monsters like them. If they didn't want the kids then take them to a fire station! Don't lock the poor kids up.

Oh how I wish I could be on the jury in both of their trials! Texas has the death penalty for special sick monsters like them. If they didn't want the kids then take them to a fire station! Don't lock the poor kids up.

I have to agree with regard to your suggestion of taking the kids to the fire station. There are so many resources available to parents that cannot cope with parenting. Why in the world would you lock a 4 and 5 year old in a dog cage, lock the cabinets and the refrigerator to prevent the kids from obtaining food, and just in general neglect the wants and need of all your children. It is sad and baffling and happens so often.

When my daughter was 3, she used to drive me crazy, by getting in our dog's crate, and saying, "Mommy, I am in "time out", you put me in a dog cage.". No. Mommy did not put you in a dog cage for time out! I was always in abject fear that she would say something like that at school.

I worked with some children who had been severely neglected by drug addict parents, they were 4 and 5, and didn't even know how to sit at the table to eat at snack time. And at lunch, they ate like dogs, not using spoons for pudding or anything. Silverware was a completely foreign object. As was the concept of washing hands. Forget about learning to color! These kids were so neglected they were basically developmentally disabled. Just learning how to act normal was a huge part of their educational plan. Sadly.

Each time I read one of these stories I think it will stop and I will never read another.

What is wrong with these types of people, they seriously need to learn how to use Birth Control! They do not know how to raise a child so quit having them. I bet they treat their animals better than the children.

I am afraid we need to change the laws for child endangerment. There will not be enough time these 2 will serve to compensate for what they did to these 4 children. jmo imo moo

so the mom was charged with assault, his face looks like it..

Yup.

Harkings was additionally charged with aggravated assault. In Fabila’s mugshot, multiple cuts can be seen across his face and neck.

2 kids found locked in dog kennel, 2 others malnourished in Wise County, sheriff says

Deputies with the Wise County Sheriff’s Office responded to a domestic disturbance shortly before 7:30 a.m. at the home near Decatur.

Deputies found that Fabila and Harkings had been in a fight.

“While they were there, deputies heard children in the home, deputies went inside of the home and found the two children in a kennel.”

A 5-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl were inside a cage that was about 3 feet by 3 feet, the sheriff said. Two other boys, ages 3 and 1, were discovered in the home.

“The younger children appeared malnourished,” the sheriff said.

Harkings is the biological mother of all four children. Fabila is the father of one of the children.

Am looking for a link... but an article (Yahoo) stated that relatives' of this foul pair had observed the children only a week ago and that 'they were fine' -- referring to the children.
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
Also that the first responders had to undergo counseling.
This malnourishment and abuse/caging didn't happen in one week.
Makes me wonder about the relatives, as well.
Who in their right mind would think this is normal ? Poor little ones ! :(

Am looking for a link... but an article (Yahoo) stated that relatives' of this foul pair had observed the children only a week ago and that 'they were fine' -- referring to the children.
Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
Also that the first responders had to undergo counseling.
This malnourishment and abuse/caging didn't happen in one week.
Makes me wonder about the relatives, as well.
Who in their right mind would think this is normal ? Poor little ones ! :(

You are so right. This type of neglect is evident, from how filthy they are, their behavior, lack of proper speech, unless the kids were kept away, it is evident in a heartbeat.

I saw a baby at Walmart, and knew he was neglected. I didn't know the family, but he was beyond normal baby dirt, his hair was stuck to his head due to grime. Nothing I could do about it.

Just today in Brevard County, Florida a couple was arrested for
neglect because their 5 mo. old baby weighs 8 lbs. and is in critical
care in the hospital now. First responders said the baby's eyes
were reddened and sunken and it's skin could be pulled away
from it's bones.
Just waiting for the followup to tell us that the parents are probably druggies.

Affidavit gives new details into Wise County couple accused of keeping kids in dog kennel

RHOME, Texas - FOX 4 News obtained the affidavit that details the awful conditions investigators say they discovered inside a Wise County home where they found children locked in a dog kennel.
[.....]
Two of them - a 5-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl - were locked in a dog kennel with a space heater dangerously close by, according to the affidavit.

Another child was wrapped in a blanket on a heating pad, while the fourth child was in a portable play pen.

The kids who were in diapers had not been changed "in a lengthy amount of time," the affidavit states.

Deputies also found the home only had a non-connected toilet, with a trash bag placed in the toilet bowl to collect waste.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back