CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and from the woman who posts the YouTube:

I'm working on McStay from yesterday. we had tech issues and I had to wait for the raw footage from our feelancer. I then have to do a ton to it, so I'm slow on this batch from yesterday, sorry for the delay

so defense just put up an exhibit of a side by side screen shot, supposedly of the QB account---OBJECTION---we do not have this exhibit your Honor...

they are trying to sort this out now...

phone records of Chase merritt, sequentially on left side

right side is

feb 1st--call made from joey to chase, 9 minute call

came in 11 minutes after the check was created...

I 100% agree, which is why I wrote that post. 56 pages into this thread and I have yet to see anyone who is carefully dissecting and examining the evidence disparage those posters who have already made up their mind about guilt vs. innocence. That, however, has not been the experience for those of us who post our interpretation of the facts. This thread has already lost a few posters who were subject to hostility. I hope they return,as the trial unfolds, but the McStay threads have been the only ones (over the past 10 years) where I have observed this to be an ongoing phenomena. imho

A very valid point you make. I can only speak for myself when I say I haven't disparaged anybody regardless of their opinion on this case. I will say in reference to said phenomena that I was lurking on the first few pages of the Kelsey Berreth case, LOTS of people were immediately presuming the guilt of her significant other. At that point in the trial he wasn't even named a person of interest, and a good number of posters were assuming his guilt solely based on the fact that he hired an attorney. It seemed (to me at least as this was solely my interpretation) that anyone wanting to hold of on presuming his guilt was given a hard time. Any poster defending him or wanting to see more evidence would be accused of being a family member of his. It got sort of ridiculous. I just wanted to say that I get where you're coming from and I wasn't trying to disparage or discredit your opinion.

so defense just put up an exhibit of a side by side screen shot, supposedly of the QB account---OBJECTION---we do not have this exhibit your Honor...

they are trying to sort this out now...

phone records of Chase merritt, sequentially on left side

right side is

feb 1st--call made from joey to chase, 9 minute call

came in 11 minutes after the check was created...
And they didn't usually have this phone contact previously? It doesn't prove anything unless it was a skype call! Clutching at straws. IMO.

Feb 1st (sorry, didn't get the details)

9 min 56 sec. Joey/Merritt (I believe during the time that the cheque was created and around the time it was deleted)

after the cheque is deleted another call.

Feb 2nd:
11:27am
11:29am
both deleted at 11:57 (I thought I heard a few minutes later that he said 11:37, but not sure)

Merritt calling Joey - 10:56am, multiple calls for insignificant amounts of time, seconds. Then called at 11:47am, Merritt - Joey 3min 54seconds, 9 minutes after the last cheque was adjusted. 12:04pm another call, over 13 minutes.

Feb 4th
cheque added 7:59, deleted at 8:05
Joey calls Merritt at 8:28pm

A very valid point you make. I can only speak for myself when I say I haven't disparaged anybody regardless of their opinion on this case. I will say in reference to said phenomena that I was lurking on the first few pages of the Kelsey Berreth case, LOTS of people were immediately presuming the guilt of her significant other. At that point in the trial he wasn't even named a person of interest, and a good number of posters were assuming his guilt solely based on the fact that he hired an attorney. It seemed (to me at least as this was solely my interpretation) that anyone wanting to hold of on presuming his guilt was given a hard time. Any poster defending him or wanting to see more evidence would be accused of being a family member of his. It got sort of ridiculous. I just wanted to say that I get where you're coming from and I wasn't trying to disparage or discredit your opinion.

Thank you, I appreciate your post and I did not take it in the wrong way. I will celebrate, along with the vast majority of posters on this thread, if there is sufficient evidence to sentence a person to death for killing this family. I am just concerned about the "less than convincing evidence" the state has, so far, put forth. I believe that many posters are taking the OS of the State at face value, rather than waiting to see the evidence that will prove it to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member