CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I thought that business card was Chases's notations, found in Chases's vehicle? It has CJ's bank account on it. Joey wouldn't have that, would he?

It was Joey who was making payments to Dan, not chase.
No it was in the Trooper. So too was Joey's cheque book and clip of business cards, and it matches with Joey's handwriting.

I noticed that too. And I have some questions about why he opened that account, at the same bank that Joey banks with, on Feb 2nd. He used his other bank account after this IIRC, so why would it be necessary to open another account where Joey banks? Unless something was changing?
Im guessing it made it easier and faster to to cash the checks since it was JMs bank. He couldnt get away with that anywhere else

So I wonder if the "new" account at BA was a personal account for Chase... or another business account? I hope they have testimony that will clear all that up. Why would he have to open a "new" account if he already had one?
Items were found on his phone not his computer

I'm gonna wait for the video to hear it again, because I didn't hear it all... and I don't know if it's a phone or a pc or whatever... and I know that over the years, I have read lots of different things and documents that I can no longer find. I have no idea what Patrick may have had (because he had a lot of documents)... and what he may have shown him, etc. Basically, I'm not going to jump to a conclusion because I just do not have the information. JMO It's not like Chase was a complete stranger. He was kept at arms length for a long time by people that were close to Joey.

So I wonder if the "new" account at BA was a personal account for Chase... or another business account? I hope they have testimony that will clear all that up. Why would he have to open a "new" account if he already had one?
LOL I am so confused again, is there any place that has just the Proven/Verified list of FACTS in this case so far?
Somehow I lost some other quotes about whether screenshots,pictures were on phone or pc.

LOL I am so confused again, is there any place that has just the Proven/Verified list of FACTS in this case so far?
Somehow I lost some other quotes about whether screenshots,pictures were on phone or pc.

In ALL of our defense... the live stream has been brutal LOL Sorry for adding to the confusion... it's pretty hard to get all the info when it's stopping and even when it is going, the sound will cut in and out :(

This is the testimony by Foles, from the Preliminary Hearing in 2015---about the calls between Joey and Chase on the 4th of feb [ Foles is an upcoming witness in this case]:

THE WITNESS: You said February 4th?

Q (By Mr. Daugherty) Yes, sir.

A My analysis on February 4th starts at 9:51 A.M. And there are a multitude of calls throughout the day, through 5:48

1 P.M. And during that time the cell phone has contact with two different cell towers that are adjacent to each other in the Rancho Cucamonga area.

Q Okay. Did the defendant’s cell phone contact a number, (949) 295-7451?

A Yes, it did.

Q How many times during that day?

A By my count, I show 16 calls where the defendant called that number. And then 11 times that the number you just cited called the defendant.

So previously, the State said the 2 of them made 27 calls between themselves on Feb 4th. So I don't think we can make many inferences about Joey calling Chase a few times on the 1st. It seems like their usual pattern to call each other frequently through out the day. JMO

In ALL of our defense... the live stream has been brutal LOL Sorry for adding to the confusion... it's pretty hard to get all the info when it's stopping and even when it is going, the sound will cut in and out :(
I realize that, which is why I have not even tried to listen to the you tube ones. I figured I would wait until the trial is over and just watch the ones which interest me the most.

I appreciate all who watch them and report what they've heard/seen and Emi and Cathy for the tweets also. I may have missed it or forgotten, but when the discussions about so many calls one after the other, couldn't some of those be just dropped calls or lost connections?

I realize that, which is why I have not even tried to listen to the you tube ones. I figured I would wait until the trial is over and just watch the ones which interest me the most.

I appreciate all who watch them and report what they've heard/seen and Emi and Cathy for the tweets also. I may have missed it or forgotten, but when the discussions about so many calls one after the other, couldn't some of those be just dropped calls or lost connections?

NO ONE knows what actually was said. As far as I'm concerned, it could be a career criminal covering his tracks, who really knows at this point?

At this point, the PH is garbage, IMO,

I think I agree LOL Even dates are wrong!!!!! I will wait to hear some of the latest testimony though before I get my panties in a knot about it! What troubles me is this...

A preliminary hearing is best described as a "trial before the trial" at which the judge decides, not whether the defendant is "guilty" or "not guilty," but whether there is enough evidence to force the defendant to stand trial. In making this determination, the judge uses the "probable cause" legal standard, deciding whether the government has produced enough evidence to convince a reasonable jury that the defendant committed the crime(s) charged.

Preliminary Hearing - FindLaw
So when that evidence is not the actual evidence, I find that troubling. I suppose they may have obtained more information later but I still find it troubling. But then again... throughout that whole preliminary hearing, Merritt's attorney's didn't ask any questions... I can see why he fired them. They should have been challenging the witnesses on some of the factual errors, or misrepresented information, and they didn't. If it was myself, or a loved one, I would have canned their a$$es after that.

This is what I am thinking now ... that Merritt's phone had some connection issues. Whether it was his phone or his provider, I'm not sure. I have some snips of his records and I see "patterns". LOTS of short calls. It will be interesting to get someone on the stand that focuses on the cell records and only the cell records. This testimony that jumps around is terrible.

I think I agree LOL Even dates are wrong!!!!! I will wait to hear some of the latest testimony though before I get my panties in a knot about it! What troubles me is this...

A preliminary hearing is best described as a "trial before the trial" at which the judge decides, not whether the defendant is "guilty" or "not guilty," but whether there is enough evidence to force the defendant to stand trial. In making this determination, the judge uses the "probable cause" legal standard, deciding whether the government has produced enough evidence to convince a reasonable jury that the defendant committed the crime(s) charged.

So when that evidence is not the actual evidence, I find that troubling. I suppose they may have obtained more information later but I still find it troubling. But then again... throughout that whole preliminary hearing, Merritt's attorney's didn't ask any questions... I can see why he fired them. They should have been challenging the witnesses on some of the factual errors, or misrepresented information, and they didn't. If it was myself, or a loved one, I would have canned their a$$es after that.

Panties: TMI Missy, TMI lol. I 100% agree with you tho.

When today's videos come out tomorrow, these screen shots might help with anyone who might want to study the "voice mails" brought up by the prosecution on re-direct. I'll just leave them here.

First one is JM's, the 2nd is CM's.

Attachments

• cellrecor 1.jpg
    cellrecor 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 27
  • cellrecor 5CM.jpg
    cellrecor 5CM.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 27

Hmmmm, maybe he was thinking that if he was convicted he could get a new trial due to ineffective assistance of counsel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie