MI MI - Kevin Graves, 28, Electric Forest Music Festival, Rothbury, 1 Jul 2018

I'm sure LE has contacted the Twelve Tribes community organizers by now. The history between LE and the community has always been contentious. I actually have a friend who I'm pretty sure grew up in a Twelve Tribes community. He was dating one of my family members and we spent quite a bit of time together at one point. Super nice guy with a sunny disposition, kind heart and interesting point of view. He never mentioned the name of the group or even that he had been part of a community, but it was pretty easy to read between the lines and figure it out. (Home schooled, his siblings' and his given names, the family business was making soap.) I sure hope if Kevin has joined the group that they will let his friends and loved ones back home know. I wonder if the group would even really know who joined them. I think one of the first things they do when they join is to take a new Hebrew name. All of that sounds groovy, but IF this happened, Kevin should be kind to his friends and family and let LE know he is safe and okay.

Yeah, I'm not so sure, either, but respectfully and out of curiosity, what makes you skeptical, and what is your lead theory of where Kevin might be?
It just reminds me of a wild conspiracy theory. There's absolutely no evidence of this except for concert attendees saying that one of the cults' buses was in the area (not confirmed). No one saw Kevin get on or saw him taking with cult personnel (?).

If I had to guess it would be related to this from the article...

"According to Bach and others close to Graves, at times he has battled with alcohol and substance abuse, and has been treated for bipolar disorder."

Most likely OD or self-harm (or accident). Surely hope I'm wrong and that Kevin is alive and well selling soap.

yep, as a reminder again:

In Facebook comment posted by Graves' girlfriend about a week after he disappeared, she wrote: "He suffers from depression and (bipolar) disorder and I think had a manic episode or psychosis or something."

According to Bach and others close to Graves, at times he has battled with alcohol and substance abuse, and has been treated for bipolar disorder.

Farley said her brother stopped taking his prescribed bipolar medication about two months before his disappearance, because it made him feel overly lethargic.

Another friend, James Tierney, who attended the festival, said Graves wouldn't likely join Twelve Tribes, a Christian group that condemns alcohol and drug use.

Farley said her brother identified as an atheist.

Tierney said Graves talked regularly about his desire to grow marijuana, and believes he may have gone out west to work on a marijuana farm.

Richard Mobley, the father of Graves' girlfriend, who lived in the same house as Graves for a year and a half, says Graves insinuated he wouldn't be returning after the festival.

"He walked away with a plan in mind," Mobley said. "I think he purposely did it to make people think he was dead."

yep, as a reminder again:

In Facebook comment posted by Graves' girlfriend about a week after he disappeared, she wrote: "He suffers from depression and (bipolar) disorder and I think had a manic episode or psychosis or something."

According to Bach and others close to Graves, at times he has battled with alcohol and substance abuse, and has been treated for bipolar disorder.

Farley said her brother stopped taking his prescribed bipolar medication about two months before his disappearance, because it made him feel overly lethargic.

Another friend, James Tierney, who attended the festival, said Graves wouldn't likely join Twelve Tribes, a Christian group that condemns alcohol and drug use.

Farley said her brother identified as an atheist.

Tierney said Graves talked regularly about his desire to grow marijuana, and believes he may have gone out west to work on a marijuana farm.

Richard Mobley, the father of Graves' girlfriend, who lived in the same house as Graves for a year and a half, says Graves insinuated he wouldn't be returning after the festival.

"He walked away with a plan in mind," Mobley said. "I think he purposely did it to make people think he was dead."

My heart sank after reading this paragraph:

“Graves vanished after being last seen on July 1, the final full day of the music festival. His now-ex-girlfriend, whose story has never changed, according to Bach, said he was acting ‘odd all week,’ and somewhat paranoid, fighting with his girlfriend, accusing her of calling the FBI on him and having a sexual relationship with another friend who attended the festival.” (BBM)

I really hope that they search the venue property at least one more time before the snow comes.

[snipped] Several people close to the case, including police and at least one friend who attended the festival with Graves, believe he is still alive; he just doesn't want to be found.

Over the last couple weeks, Graves' sister received an influx of messages, nearly 100, from people speculating Graves may have joined an insulated religious group known as the Twelve Tribes.

Police, who have received similar tips, say there's no evidence to support that theory.
Nearly 100 tips speculating he may have joined this particular group seems like a lot to me. Wonder where that’s coming from?

Bump for Kevin! I have a brother named Kevin that attended the Festival that same weekend, weird...he even looks a lot like him. I know that he has been to the festival in years prior. (My brother) and he told me that he was walking in the woods and came to a beach that he wasn't aware of before. Not sure what lake or pond that is. I wonder if it's frequented by people anytime besides the weekends in the summer. More sleuthing to do I say...

There where 2 searches done on the property of electric forest and a neighboring property. Nothing mentioned of Wildcat lake.
Second search planned for missing festival goer, volunteers needed.
Someone should imput ... If I... Gather a search team and try to get more answers at the festival to find Kevin Graves... Electric Forest will buy the whole search party people (us websleuthers) a full ride in the good lifers!?! Anybody... Anybody.... I don't like loud music so you would find me in the woods.

I just finished listening to The Vanished episode and reading this thread. I’m not sure what I think. I thought I read that Kevin had his phone with him. Has that ever been found? And did they ping it? I may have accidentally skipped over that info and missed it. tia

I just finished listening to The Vanished episode and reading this thread. I’m not sure what I think. I thought I read that Kevin had his phone with him. Has that ever been found? And did they ping it? I may have accidentally skipped over that info and missed it. tia
I wasn’t able to find anything that says definitively that he had his phone with him, but all indications are that he did, and it has not been recovered:

From July 23 of last year:
“On Monday, a group of about 15 people started a new search for Kevin Graves around 9:30 a.m. Monday at the festival grounds.

The only thing they found was a cell phone, which they don’t believe belongs to Graves.“ (BBM)
Volunteers search for man missing from Electric Forest

From July 5 of last year:
“Graves walked away Sunday from his campsite following a fight with his girlfriend.

Soon after, he went to an ATM to withdraw $200 from an account he shares with his girlfriend. Since then, he has not checked his social media accounts, made any other bank transactions or contacted anyone he knows. Calls and text messages to his cell phone are not going through, said his girlfriend, Kaela Covington.

[SBM]

Graves' father, Gary Graves of Howell, said his son's daily phone calls to him have stopped.” (BBM)
https://amp.freep.com/amp/761673002

I wasn’t able to find anything to indicate whether they pinged his phone or not.

I wasn’t able to find anything to indicate whether they pinged his phone or not.

From the Vanished podcast his sister seemed to say his phone was in his (now ex-) girlfriend's mother's name and that they would not give out his phone records to the sister, as they want nothing more to do with Graves' family.

I would think the mother could have given permission to the police to check the phone records w/o a warrant being needed if the phone was in her name, but that family seems to be done with Graves and the investigation, so it seems unlikely there will be any more info released from that end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back