Found Deceased KY - Shannon Harkins Wombles, 44, car found abandoned, Flat Lick, Knox County, 28 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
More...

Son, investigators looking for missing Knox County woman

[...]

Wombles' son, Matthew Smith, says he's worried for his mother's welfare, and says it's a mystery right now what took place.

“Everything looked normal and right after her boyfriend went to jail, she went missing,” says Smith.

Smith says his mother was in a bad relationship with her boyfriend, and during that time his mother wasn’t allowed to have contact with Smith. Investigators say they learned Wombles was missing when they were looking into an abandoned car they say is owned by Wombles and her boyfriend. Smith says the car, which was discovered Jan. 8, was found in bad shape and he doesn’t believe his mother would have left it that way.

“Car was found with the rugs ripped up in it, and the carpet. Her clothes were scattered all over the back seat,” says Smith.

Smith says no one knew his mother was missing until two days ago - the same day her boyfriend was released from jail and when her abandoned car was returned to him. He says he's looked in all the places she could be and has found no sign of her.

[...]

upload_2019-2-14_22-47-46.jpeg

There is another pretty blond woman that went missing in Flat Lick this week, so when I first read this I was a bit confused. Two different women, just similar age and appearance with long blond hair. The other one has been found safe - she had been traveling and returned home. Missing woman in Knox County found safe
Yes, oh my, I saw "Flat Lick" and thought it was the same person, just more to the story. I have to go see how big Flat Lick is...

More...

Son, investigators looking for missing Knox County woman

[...]

Wombles' son, Matthew Smith, says he's worried for his mother's welfare, and says it's a mystery right now what took place.

“Everything looked normal and right after her boyfriend went to jail, she went missing,” says Smith.

Smith says his mother was in a bad relationship with her boyfriend, and during that time his mother wasn’t allowed to have contact with Smith. Investigators say they learned Wombles was missing when they were looking into an abandoned car they say is owned by Wombles and her boyfriend. Smith says the car, which was discovered Jan. 8, was found in bad shape and he doesn’t believe his mother would have left it that way.

“Car was found with the rugs ripped up in it, and the carpet. Her clothes were scattered all over the back seat,” says Smith.

Smith says no one knew his mother was missing until two days ago - the same day her boyfriend was released from jail and when her abandoned car was returned to him. He says he's looked in all the places she could be and has found no sign of her.

[...]

View attachment 169221
So, during the time his mother wasn't allowed to have contact with him, who made that decision?
Also, the car was returned to the boyfriend when he got out of jail?
What does the boyfriend have to say about all of this?

Looks like it is all rural area... How strange is this that two have gone missing in the area. They probably would know each other or at least know who each other are.
In doing a google search of Shannon Harkins I found the following news article from The Mountain Advocate from an arrest in Sept. 2015 of Shannon and someone with the last name Wombles. But if you clicked on it you get the Feb. 2019 issue of the news, not the archived article. At the bottom of this post is the info and the source. Maybe one of you can find it. It came up under a Shanon Harkins search. I found another arrest for her a little over a year ago for domestic violence. There's a mug shot. If you click on the next link the arrest info and mug shot should come up without a SQ membership. Let me know if it doesn't. Grace G. SearchQuarry.com

drug dealer roundup - The Mountain Advocate

www.mountainadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/9-3-15.pdf

Sep 9, 2015 - Office, Barbourville City Police. Department and ...... Charles Wombles, II, 30, of. Hendrick, first degree ...... SHANNON HARKINS. P.O. BOX 233.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back