Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like that could be it, yes. Chilling if he did know one or both of them. They probably don't want to release any more thinking it may compromise any court case. Maybe he calls one by her name. Were they followed or did he chance upon them? Weren't they dropped off by car? I think so.

Yes, they were dropped off by Libby’s amazing sister. As far as I know, the videos of any places that had surveillance cameras (like a convenience store) on their car route to the trail have been examined and nothing useful came from it.

On the other hand, and those who are local or have been analyzing the trail system, is it too much of a stretch BG could have easily walked from downtown Delphi to the trail and bridge? TIA.

I have heard lots of excuses of why LE etc stopped their search that night and on the surface they appear reasonable. If you look at the whole picture though it it was an awful and ridiculous decision.
Initially it was thought the girls were lost or injured so people walked the trails calling their names with no response. This area is not gigantic. The trails are located in a fairly narrow wooded area that follows Deer Creek. The terrain is difficult in spots. After doing this for hours with no response how could LE continue to think that they were hurt or lost. But instead of saying something is very wrong here, they pack up and decide to come back tomorrow, leaving the search to amateurs and desperate family members. The thought that the girls may have gone somewhere else and not reported in is valid for awhile but not as 10pm approaches. Neither girl had a history of running away. By then they would have called to say “oh sorry I forgot to call but I’m at XYZ’s house” and i’m sure by then their families had called all their friends checking. LE basically abandoned these girls and their families. We know now that searching all night etc would not have saved the girls but it makes you wonder what other questionable decisions LE made early on that could have affected the investigation.
As far as Leazenby’s statement saying the community was in no danger it’s good to know he bases these things on his own gut feeling over reality. Sarcasm intended. The reality at the time was he had two brutally murdered young girls in a very small town. He had no idea who did it and why. How could he possibly make such a blanket statement. If something at the crime scene led to this statement he should say so, otherwise it was very irresponsible. Time, of course, has proven him right I concede, but at the time he said it he had no idea.

BBM
Do we really know that both girls were deceased by the time the LE search was stopped. I believe that LE has kept the information regarding time and method of death non-specific. I remember hearing that the girls died at different times, but one or both may have still be alive (and able to be saved) at the time the search was discontinued. I don't question the abilities of the volunteers who continued to search, but LE brings a greater level of experience. I would also be interested in who and what was said to convince them to quit. There could be intentional deflection in those statements. jmo

Where is this killer?
You will be caught, it's just a matter of time.
We are watching and waiting with the rest of the country...
Chi
Rest In Peace Abby and Libby justice will come. Sorry it's another Valentine's Day without you.
hqdefault.jpg

I hope it’s ok to post this here. It’s a interview with Tobe that was on HLN.

25+ remain in group of people being closely examined.

Interviewer states Tobe says to her: where do I know that voice, I cant put my mind to where I know that voice.

Last edited:
I still have to read a couple of pages, sorry if this has been mentioned before.

So is there additional information on Libby's phone recording to suggest the murderer knew of one or both girls? This was solely isolated to these individuals involved. That is a very interesting statement.

Yeah, this and "there is no danger to the community" made me think a long time ago that it was someone who knew the girls (and who they knew). No idea though who it could be, in theory family - but I don't believe for one second that that's the case at all - or other people from neighbors to friends of the girls (or their fathers), you name it.

I've also been thinking for a long time that LE possibly knows who that person is but can't prove it yet for whatever reason. And that that's the reason why it looks like they are meandering through statements and press conferences and don't want to say or show too much.

Here’s a thought of mine.( I hand them out freely these days! )
Some people have suggested that LE knows who did this but doesn’t have enough evidence to arrest him. They are trying to gather more evidence or get that missing piece they are looking for. If that is true...and I have my doubts...what if LE had a press conference and said “We have a suspect we are confident did this awful crime. We will not release his name at this time. We are close however to having the evidence we need”. Sit back and watch this guy squirm. Maybe with that kind of pressure on him he will make a mistake or someone close to him might finally admit to themselves he’s the guy and call in when the guy starts kinda freaking out.
Heck, maybe it would work even if they don’t know who it is. Shake the tree, see which ones fall out.

I’m still stumped on the blunder about the reward still being offered. And no pic of perp.
Rehashing I’m sure. Maybe we need our own body language expert to chime in. Body language and speech of LE. Or we just accept that they have a plan and this was orchestrated. Or they really are stumped.

I’m still stumped on the blunder about the reward still being offered. And no pic of perp.
Rehashing I’m sure. Maybe we need our own body language expert to chime in. Body language and speech of LE. Or we just accept that they have a plan and this was orchestrated. Or they really are stumped.
I am no expert but the body language is striking. To me it says tension, disagreement, difference of opinion. MOO

Hi, behind here and catching up, had a thought:

Qmfr:
I have a thought on the DNA:

Perhaps they have a minute sample that testing it would compromise the whole sample. And if they run it but don’t get a hit, their chances are lost forever. Therefore they are waiting until technology improves in that manner.

But thinking more about this, if the “not blue eyes” was derived from Parabon, then some of the original
sample would have been used, unless there was another one?

Hi, behind here and catching up, had a thought:

Qmfr:

But thinking more about this, if the “not blue eyes” was derived from Parabon, then some of the original
sample would have been used, unless there was another one?

I believe whenever they have trace DNA, they replicate the sample billions of times so that they have enough to do their test. This is how I think they can take a few skin cells from a shirt, and do a full DNA analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288