Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bothering me, what’s happens now to our thread discussion concerning Cheryl Coker now that the police have basically given up, the family shows no interest in finding her,
Does anyone know if there is other family or friends that are trying to keep this story alive.
And my feelings on why as discussed in our threads about why the immediate family is silient is the fear of him harming the younger daughter, I don’t buy that theory, do other family members outside that household express that concern, and if that is correct the police need to step up their game and move the finish line closer and faster

Just my two cents, but I don't believe LE has "given up". I think they might be stalled, lack of evidence, leads, where to go from here, but I doubt they've "shelved" this case.

It does bother me that the family is not more vocal in the press. However, if something happened to me I doubt my elderly parents would know how to push the media; they certainly aren't social media savvy either. That being said, I do wonder why the older married daughter isn't pleading with the media to keep her in the spotlight. But who knows, maybe she is.

I understand from one of the FB groups that the younger daughter is living with other family, but that her car is seen at Bill & Cheryl's house often. I don't fear for the daughter at all, outside her mental anguish.

I stand by my original thoughts that Bill has to be cringing every day IF he is responsible. Tick tock.

I hope LE is wiring someone to trap him. We may be in for a long wait. Sigh.

In this case if William was innocent he would be leading the parade to keep Cheryl’s picture or story out there.
Believe me I live very close, I frequent a lot of stores, gas stations, etc...and there is NO missing persons posters, there was one at the Woodman Dr McDonald’s right next to the counter but was removed first part of November. So even that William has a girlfriend , you would think he would do everything possible to help find his daughters mother.

<modsnipped no link to substantiate claims>
I guess we will see tommorrow night on TV

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t agree that she disappeared on her own, although if it ends up being true, it’ll be a relief. That theory does make it easier for the police, and as the police always say, an adult can leave any time they want to and are not required to tell anyone.

I just don’t believe that she left without ANY of the stuff that people would always take with them when they go somewhere. But then there is the question of why would a perpetrator leave all of her stuff there in the car? Could the person who parked the car in the parking lot be that stupid? Maybe at the time the car was parked there, the person who might have done it, didn’t think though the possession part of it-for example, if she left, she would need those things. Once the car was found, he or she couldn’t go back to the car and get the items so it would look like she left on her own.

Last edited:
Let’s look at this way if she left on her own , parked the car like that, the stuff was left behind for a reason, first cell phone traceable anywhere, second , card cards traceable, had to leave ID behind to make staging real, plus not quite sure but getting a black market is probably easy , kids have been doing it for years to fake age and sneak in clubs,

Let’s look at this way if she left on her own , parked the car like that, the stuff was left behind for a reason, first cell phone traceable anywhere, second , card cards traceable, had to leave ID behind to make staging real, plus not quite sure but getting a black market is probably easy , kids have been doing it for years to fake age and sneak in clubs,

Well-she will have to work under the table for the rest of her life, unless she wants to get arrested for stealing someone’s identity by using someone else’s SS number. It’s easy to get a fake driver’s license to get into a bar, but she’ll never be able to get a loan, rent a decent apartment or any of the things she’s accustomed to using every day, if she left on her own and doesn’t want to be found.

There's no credible evidence of her walking off. Police have said this repeatedly. They investigated supposed sightings and found them to be false. Police have stated they don't believe she walked away. Her family and friends are 100% adamant that this would never happen in a million years.

She was in the process of setting up a new life on her own already. There's no need to leave town to do that. She was looking at apartments. She had filed for divorce (why would you spend thousands of dollars to file for divorce if you were planning to skip town two weeks later??) Why would you skip town the day after your husband and daughter return home from a trip when you could have done so a few days earlier and not have anyone looking for you or know you were gone giving a bigger head start?? She had a great job and was VERY close to her mom, her daughters, her grand-daughter, siblings, and a multitude of life-long friends. She didn't run away. She was a fighter, a scrapper, very tough woman. She's not a runner.

I would like to totally believe the above thread , but I am reserving judgement on Bill , there might be that sliver of evidence that it’s a self disappearance, that statement above about the police ruling out sightings could also be a diversion, to lure a individual out of the bushes,
Plus I don’t expect much from tonight’s news segment, maybe I would think differently if the silience wasn’t so loud , concerning this case, kind of abbynormal,

There's no credible evidence of her walking off. Police have said this repeatedly. They investigated supposed sightings and found them to be false. Police have stated they don't believe she walked away. Her family and friends are 100% adamant that this would never happen in a million years.

She was in the process of setting up a new life on her own already. There's no need to leave town to do that. She was looking at apartments. She had filed for divorce (why would you spend thousands of dollars to file for divorce if you were planning to skip town two weeks later??) Why would you skip town the day after your husband and daughter return home from a trip when you could have done so a few days earlier and not have anyone looking for you or know you were gone giving a bigger head start?? She had a great job and was VERY close to her mom, her daughters, her grand-daughter, siblings, and a multitude of life-long friends. She didn't run away. She was a fighter, a scrapper, very tough woman. She's not a runner.

Yes!

I missed the WHIO Cheryl update tonight , cable tv outage, anything new mentioned or is it the same same recycled updates

After reading all our posts and reading the new articles obtained, the one question I have , what was the driving factor of their marriage collapsing after 19 years of marriage, they both had good jobs, nice home, two children , not to be funny were they both going through a mid life crisis or something similiar???

Cheryl Coker: Police confirm they have suspect in missing woman's case

On Aug. 28, Bill Coker's girlfriend told police Cheryl texted her asking that if Cheryl "were to die or wasn't in the picture, would she pursue a permanent relationship" with Bill.

"It was reportedly sent by Cheryl," said Det. Abney, "but we're not a hundred percent convinced that she actually did send that."

Last edited:
I hadn't heard about the text to the girlfriend before this. If Cheryl didn't send it then IMO someone premeditated her disappearance. Someone with access to Cheryl's phone and girlfriend's cell number.
It was mentioned early on, sometime around late October/early November, which caused a few to think the girlfriend might be involved. That's twice now that they've brought this up- makes me wonder why that particular text is being discussed again by LE, or was it just being reiterated in this article?

Gah, they have a suspect but don't name who it is. Gggrrr. I am grateful that LE seems to be on top of this. It sounds like they have enough evidence to name a suspect, but they want to find Cheryl first, if possible. Still, that was a stinking teaser- saying they have a suspect, but no new information on who it is and not sharing any evidence they found that won't compromise the case. My thoughts and prayers are with Cheryl's family.

It was mentioned early on, sometime around late October/early November, which caused a few to think the girlfriend might be involved. That's twice now that they've brought this up- makes me wonder why that particular text is being discussed again by LE, or was it just being reiterated in this article?
He mentioned it in the video today.

Interesting that they mention the text to the girlfriend in August but they don't mention if she replied at all or contacted WC about it. Did she leave it unanswered?

Perhaps with labeling someone a suspect we will see someone step forward (maybe via an attorney) and this will move toward resolution.

I think we all are going to be surprised on who the actual “suspect” will be, I have my suspicion , and at this point it’s not William, ( if anyone is curious I will rely my thought process privately), now in today’s society these cell phone and tech junkies , and in the world of “spoofing” someone’s telephone number ( I should know my telephone number was spoofed and I found out when they called me a couple times with my own number, hence changed number), is it possible to hack someone’s telephone or computer to gain access to manipulate someone’s email,
My suspicisions encircle a certain individual who I think is knowledgeable enough with today’s tech, and easy access to Cheryl’s phone.
Remember in August Cheryl was encircling the wagons to move on, so With that William wouldn’t have easy access to her phone, I my book there is only one individual who could get that close to make those texts or emails, other than Cheryl doing it herself

So it’s going to be a bumpy ride to the finish and I think a very surprise twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288