Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem the police are having at the moment is quite straightforward imo

They know he took her near the park
Screams in the park
Running man from park
Possibly even more evidence of being in the park at some point

Their problem is if his car was seen exiting back onto main rd within a "reasonable" time how do they prove he didn't just drop her off?

Almost a week later he would have no forensics on him or clothes ...especially if contact did not involve blood

So without a body or an exact crime scene area they are stuck

Last edited:
I’m about to head down to the park and photograph distances etc. It seems to me (sorry if this was discussed and I missed it) but time to drive from Haworth into park then returning to be seen on Newland leaves so little time. More likely as already said a 2nd car near park or on surrounding streets or drop off at a house near park. Or take to Raglan house. Just my opinion but timings don’t add up for the distances involved. If it helps I will dash cam with timing driving from Haworth to the park carpark tonight around the same time cctv caught the car on Haworth. Then I’ll do the same but head to the house on Wellesley. Finally I’ll go down Newlands. I hope nobody minds me doing this, yes it feels weird doing it but I think it will help us.

I mapped this and it takes 9 minute to get from Haworth, to the park then to newlands bedding centre (this is where the camera possibly clocks him)

Edited to add this would be if he went bev road way, however if he Avoids Beverley road and goes up Auckland avenue the complete journey would take 12 minutes

Re this 'grave' you found @Kolumbo I think it needs reporting. I agree it is most probably the resting place of a doggo but it needs checking. Could you go back down there and see if there are any police around or even another passerby that could look at it again with you? I'm 99% sure it's nothing, but think you need to flag it.

Keep us posted.

What is the general consensus of where he/she/they entered the park? Beresford Avenue entrance?
Just bringing this forward from thread #2

Timeline:

11pm ish Libby gets in taxi at Welly
11:18pm Libby turned away from Welly, 11:22pm Libby put in taxi
11:29 Taxi drops her near home on Wellesley Av. Neighbours saw her stumbling in street.
11:40 - 11:45 caught on CCTV on bench. Around this time grey beard man stopped to offer assistance, she declined, police have cleared him
11:49ish PR? car arrives on Haworth Street (per ITV CCTV)
12:04-12:06 ish man smoking (CCTV)
12:08 passenger door opens and someone/something is on passenger seat
(CCTV)
12:09 car drives away (CCTV)

12:09 police say Libby had left the bench by now
12:19 the same car (tbc) seen Newland Av (per Sun CCTV)
12:15-12:30ish dark and eerie screams coming from park for 15 minutes
12:30ish man seen running from park
12:30ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

There's a narrative order of events that can be fairly tightly assumed up until after ten/fifteen minutes past 12

Then at 12:15/19 there is a definitive fork - according to the paths, one way she is driven in a car along Newland Avenue and away from the scene, the other path, she was driven towards the park, which accounts for the screams.

Unless either of the timings of the Newland Ave CCTV or the screams is inaccurate, and they can be modified to include the screams and the car in the same timeline. It's tight, but if all lights are green, you could drive from Beresford Avenue to halfway along Newland Avenue in 90 seconds on empty roads at night.

Oh, could one of you locals do a little test drive if you're in the area pretty please? I need you to turn onto Beresford (from Bev Road) and then out from Wellesley (back onto Bev Road). I assume you'd cut along Heathcote or maybe go the long way right round Wellesley. Or both. I'd like to know exactly how long this takes with no stopping.

Along with the intrepid @Kolumbo I will be revisiting the park today, there are some places I want to check out a second time.

Any requests for areas to be investigated/video/photographed?

Hi Strontium69.

If you could look to see if there are any CCTV cameras in/around Beresford Ave/Claremont Ave that could be really helpful as it might tell us Police have his/a car near the park at the pertinent times.

So good to have locals on this thread as I feel we're getting very little info from Police for a while now.

What is the general consensus of where he/she/they entered the park? Beresford Avenue entrance?

There's a narrative order of events that can be fairly tightly assumed up until after ten/fifteen minutes past 12

Then at 12:15/19 there is a definitive fork - according to the paths, one way she is driven in a car along Newland Avenue and away from the scene, the other path, she was driven towards the park, which accounts for the screams.

Unless either of the timings of the Newland Ave CCTV or the screams is inaccurate, and they can be modified to include the screams and the car in the same timeline. It's tight, but if all lights are green, you could drive from Beresford Avenue to halfway along Newland Avenue in 90 seconds on empty roads at night.
If the car drove away from the scene would CCTV not show that ?

Hi Strontium69.

If you could look to see if there are any CCTV cameras in/around Beresford Ave/Claremont Ave that could be really helpful as it might tell us Police have his/a car near the park at the pertinent times.

So good to have locals on this thread as I feel we're getting very little info from Police for a while now.

Also see if the school gate on Beresford might have a camera?

Along with the intrepid @Kolumbo I will be revisiting the park today, there are some places I want to check out a second time. Any requests for areas to be investigated/video/photographed?

View standing in the car park of adjacent house windows
View of house from triangular junction just inside the park (to see whether an upper window overlooks park through treetops)
Length of car park from entrance to exit....in yards(!)
General impression as to whether that might be running-man witness' house: lack of a number at the gate and the overgrown pathway on Streetview does make me wonder if it's a residence.

That's just a wishlist though...appreciate some or all of this may feel too intrusive!

So further to my pics posted yesterday, I wanted to describe something slightly odd I spotted on my walk along the riverbank. It's probably nothing too sinister, but I have to mention it.

Just south of Oak Rd Park, about level with the big wind turbine, I spotted a small patch of loose, freshly disturbed soil. It was in a gap in the undergrowth set tight, I think, against the fence that separates the field with the turbine from the river bank path.

It wasn't huge. From memory, a maximum of about 3.5 foot in length, maybe 2 foot depth, and roughly rectangular. It may in actuality have been smaller than that. On top of it was a short, chunky piece of driftwood, like a mini railway sleeper or a gatepost. I was intrigued and with the lack of anything else to dig with I picked up the wood and scraped away at the surface. Just below it there was a scattering of something I quite stupidly didn't observe closely enough to ascertain what it was, and didn't take photos of. I couldn't get too close because the branches protruding through the fence were snagging my new hoodie and I didn't want it ruined. It looked like either coloured petals of some kind (unlikely?), or shards of vivid coloured plastic - red, or deep purple (I'm colour blind so can't say for sure). Scratching a little deeper I did not see anything protruding from the ground and the piece of wood was too chunky to actually leverage the ground at all, and then I heard a woman coming along the bank calling her dog so I ditched the hunk of wood, climbed back up on the bank and proceeded on my way.

My assumption, given the small size and apparent deliberate "marker" / ornamentation of an unknown nature was that maybe a frequent walker in that area had recently decided to bury their dead dog there.

It was close-ish to the park, but you'd have a job describing it as within "dragging/carrying distance" (for a human body anyway). Presumably whoever dug that out did so with a spade, and it would have taken some quite considerable time and been almost impossible in the dead of night. None of this seems like it would have applied to PR. Besides, if you went to the trouble to bury a body in a fairly popular walking spot, you'd not leave a conspicuous marker, would you?

But I had to mention it, just in case. Maybe if someone else goes along there today you can scrutinise it in more detail. Cling to the fence separating the river walk from the field containing the big turbine heading south from the park. Eventually you'll spot it.

Wish I'd taken a bloody photo of it now though.
Shouldn't you report this kind of thing to the police? And shouldn't the 'found key' be reported to the police as well, in case they don't already know?

Hi everyone. Long time lurker and first post.
Has anyone got any personal knowledge of the rear of her house? I’m crap on google maps so I can’t see how the little road thing to just rear of her house is accessed, behind her house is the drain.
Is there any car access to rear?
Is there any gate to her residence?
Is there any rough ground/open ground behind house?
Has it been searched?

I believe she did not have a key hence not entering house on taxi drop.
If she sobered up a bit after refusing help, then maybe she with or without someone else may have attempted to gain access to home at rear, knowing housemates were not going to be home till 3am or later? The neighbour hearing scream is close enough to perhaps hear an initial response to danger and silence after.

I would just like to know what’s behind the house. It would set my mind at rest she wasn’t there and unfound.

Yes, I think so. The alternative is Clough Road from which you can turn onto Oak Road and link back up to the park. However, there are bollards a short way up which prevent vehicular access. I believe from looking a map a while ago that there are businesses along Clough Road which would probably have CCTV so I assume they didn't go along there as it would shift the search away from the park (I think!)

So yes, Beresford Avenue would be the most obvious choice.

Shouldn't you report this kind of thing to the police? And shouldn't the 'found key' be reported to the police as well, in case they don't already know?
sorry for the question, because I am sure it's been spoken about already...can someone give a brief description of the "found key"? I have been following closely but have not been able to catch up yet on the posts since the press conference. thanks so much!

It seems the most likely "if" he claims he dropped her home

Hi everyone. Long time lurker and first post.
Has anyone got any personal knowledge of the rear of her house? I’m crap on google maps so I can’t see how the little road thing to just rear of her house is accessed, behind her house is the drain.

Hi Shashasha and welcome!!

I think you're looking at no 15, right? With the drain channel behind it? We are fairly sure now that Libby actually lives at no 32, across the road and round a bit. We do not know who lives at no 15 or why it was being searched with lumin0l. The no 32 clue came from a Sun image of the house (high privet hedge at the front) saying Libby's parents had visited her house.

Interestingly, behind no 32 is a small alley which also backs on to Heathcote (from where the scream and bang that sounded like a wooden gate were heard). There are back garden gates along there, including Libbys house. Hope this link works, I don't know how to mark the map but I'll try put her house dead centre. It's the one with a conservatory looking thing on the back. I've put it into 3D as it helps.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Along with the intrepid @Kolumbo I will be revisiting the park today, there are some places I want to check out a second time.

Any requests for areas to be investigated/video/photographed?

Yes, please, if you are able to check the pedestrian only alleyway (is it the 'tenfoot'?) that lies in between Wellesley and Heathcote, at the back of those section of houses approx 34 - 28 Wellesley. Particularly if all the Wellesley back gardens have gates onto this alleyway, and what it looks like (paved path, grass, rubble underfoot; clear and tidy, or overgrown, etc).

I have worked out a scenario in my head for why I ask the above, but need some time to word it in between work.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member