CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not the poster you asked, but I did find this:
..."When cops searched her home, her car and purse were still there, as were some cold cinnamon rolls.
Frazee also received a text from his fiancee’s phone Nov. 25, De Young said. Berreth’s phone last pinged on Nov. 25 in Idaho, where her mother lives."

https://nypost.com/2018/12/10/text-sent-from-missing-moms-phone-days-after-she-vanished/
Thx My hard drive ( brain) is to full ! I did not capture the purse memory.

I guess I am wondering exactly what their connection is with the age difference they cannot be friends say from High School, they did not work in the same field, we do know they roomed together at one time. Just thinking MS should have 15 years more life experience than KK, hard to imagine her being a follower or naive to KK's involvement with PF and KB's murder, especially her working closely with attorneys
I assume she had seen and heard a lot of BS along the way.

I read somewhere that M had worked or still does work in a hospital. Probably met there.

As far as whether KK was in CO around the time of the murder, seems to me we don't know exactly when the murder happened. Under COUNT 3. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE it says “on or about Nov 22, 2018.”

So, this seems to imply that if KK arrived in CO as late as Nov 24, she could be involved in the actual murder, right?

However, seems like KB was murdered closer to Nov 22 since that is when she was last seen. Now of KB wasn’t murdered on Nov 22, then what was done to her between Nov 22-Nov 23/24?

Redacted C&I 18CR330

I think she was killed on Thanksgiving because the cinnamon rolls were still on the stove. Then again. we don't know when she baked those, do we? Could have been on Friday.

I'd like to know when anyone first tried to call Kelsey, after her two calls with her mom, on Thanksgiving. Knowing the time of the first unanswered & unreturned call would narrow down when she was killed.

@Dave F. I found the pic that was taken when they were rooming together but not the audio link. It was from DMO
Maybe @PommyMommy can easily find it.
I was looking around some of my links on this case, and while I did not find what you're seeking, I saw something I did not notice before:

Mistress nurse was unaware that killer fiance Patrick Frazee was engaged or had a child | Daily Mail Online

"... When asked if Krystal had ever stated that she was fearful of Frazee, Stein replied: 'She did tell me that she's never seen that kind of evil in anybody.'

That is why she agreed to not only dispose of Berreth's phone, but also make texts to her employer and Frazee from the cell.

'I will just tell you Krystal was very, very scared,' said Stein. ..."

@Artis Thank you for that! And you’re so right about being delicate in having those conversations with kids.

Regardless of whether the child witnessed a parent’s murder or “only” loses a parent for other reasons, the child, like baby K, will be impacted by the loss of one of their most important attachment figures.

Main thing is to let the child talk on his/her own terms and on their timeline. In other words, not forcing the conversation or asking too many questions. Rather, have the child talk about their feelings about losing a parent or the traumatic event through play and while feeling safe. Kids with pre-verbal traumas will express more when you communicate through their non-verbal channels (art) than through direct conversation.

Many child psychologists do this very well through play therapy or art therapy.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I'll bet a lot comes out through art and play. Seems I saw something, not long ago, where a little child of a murdered mother had the Ken doll beating on the Barbie doll. The Ken doll would have been her father.

I don't know if you've ever heard of Trauma Reducing Exercises (TRE) but I think that would be a great therapy for little ones with implicit traumatic memory.

Exactly. Her claim that she did this out of fear, is beyond absurd.

They weren’t living together.

They had hundreds of miles of separation.

PF apparently asked her on three occasions to kill Kelsey, and KK responded with “no,” atleast twice. She was so damn scared, that she turned him down. Ok lady.

She did this because of another emotion, and it sure as hell wasn't fear.

Probably love.

The only thing she was scared of was PF, and ultimately herself, getting caught.
Or pure, unadulterated, raw jealousy
Ok, I would not have driven 800 miles, I would have tried to save KB's life at all costs.
In the event I wasn't thinking clearly and believing his veiled threats, the min I drove off, it would get REAL!
"Out of fear."
PUH-LEEZE!

Yeah I'd "dump it" at the nearest police station and give them his name, then tell them to figure it out.

I'm really beginning to suspect she may have gone to LE in Idaho when she got home and spilled the beans. With prone in hand!
I suspect...
LE reported what they wanted to, how they wanted to as the case unfolded.

I can't see her "getting off easy" any other way!
Moo

Yes, theoretically it is possible that she was murdered later.

I think that law enforcement has a solid timeframe that they are working with, and the date of her death was in fact Thanksgiving Day.

Her cell phone will play a role in this determination, especially if she normally had it turned on (as most people do).

I’m sure that there is other supporting evidence that forms the basis of this determination.
Yes! I am guessing that the phone was in transit "around town" and no surveillance cameras showed KB in the footage...
Just a hunch!
Moo

Oh, girl, I could go on and on about why real journalists are so rare but it would be too off topic. The real ones, investigative journalists who report the truth, have been nearly drummed out of the profession. You can find them on the internet where the owners of big media can't control them. I'm aware of some who cover politics but I don't know about violent crime. I know this much, while I don't like Nancy Grace, I'd love to see her take apart M in an interview.
Yes, a lost profession, unless it's for Oxygen or ID networks!
I wish I could have copied and pasted years of my profession and gotten paid for it!
When I grew up it was called plagiarism! That would result in a grade no more than "0" ZERO!
It seems now people get a yearly salary for copying someone else's reporting.
Pathetic! Even the tye reporter who initially posted the story allows others to steal their own work with little to no comment.

Moo

I think she was killed on Thanksgiving because the cinnamon rolls were still on the stove. Then again. we don't know when she baked those, do we? Could have been on Friday.

I'd like to know when anyone first tried to call Kelsey, after her two calls with her mom, on Thanksgiving. Knowing the time of the first unanswered & unreturned call would narrow down when she was killed.
Better yet, when did PF STOP calling KB?
When he KNEW she was deceased and couldn't return his calls?
Moo

Link that information plz.

I hope they checked KB's vehicles, too. He had her purse and keys. The only report of him was when the neighbor spotted his truck on Thanksgiving. He could have put KB's body in her car or truck and disposed of it later. That would greatly reduce the chances of evidence in his own truck.

I don’t have a link, as I thought the purse and keys were actually missing. Hoping ajaylee can help us out.

Police said when they searched her two cars and residence they found cold, recently baked cinnamon rolls, according to ABC News.

Search intensifies for mom who vanished on Thanksgiving Day

Police checked Kelsey’s apartment, where cold baked cinnamon rolls were on the counter, and she had left her makeup bag, two vehicles, suitcases and other possessions, said Police Chief Miles De Young.

Armed with a search warrant, they also combed through her vehicles, De Young said.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/mo...n-missing-persons-case-of-29-year-old-mother/

Cold resently baked
Cold baked

Just my opine.

I thought early on that she baked cinnamon rolls, talked to mom about a recipe. She took cinnamon rolls out of oven went to store for ingredient (cctv) and went home.

I wonder now if the ingredient she purchased was at the house.

Also in reference to KK and the three solicitations, did she travel to that area once a month for any reason.?

Last edited:
Better yet, when did PF STOP calling KB?
When he KNEW she was deceased and couldn't return his calls?
Moo

Yes. People are absolutely correct that KB's phone records are going to tell the story of precisely when she was murdered.

As soon as phone activity begins to cease on her phone. Everyone on the jury that has a cell phone will be able to look at KB's phone records and make a valid deduction on the date and timeframe.

And that is evidence that LE most surely already has gotten directly from the phone service provider.

Perhaps it went like this:

Yes, KK sent the text to Kelsey's employer but knew it would only buy them time and, soon, Kelsey would be discovered as missing. So, she tells M that "that girl" is missing, figuring it's going to hit the news, soon, anyway - like a heads up, this is going to happen. We know KK talked to M, extensively. KK can't keep her trap shut. She's excited or agitated about what she's just taken part in. She's got to tell, at least, part or some version of the story to get it out and release the tension. M repeats the missing story to the Rs. Why the Rs make up the Facebook story, I dunno. It simply suffices to say what M told them. Nothing undigs the hole they put themselves in for not reporting a murder in the planning before it happened. I think they engaged in sloppy, half assed CYA.
I think everything we are seeing so far is CYA and a poorly played game of chess. It is about partial lies with a little truth. The gravest question we have is why KB is missing or deceased? We then have to answer if she is deceased where is she? How does PF benefit from her death? How would others benefit from her death?
Here’s the problem. If the prosecution can prove that KK was nowhere near Colorado on the date of the murder, then it is a moot point.

She can’t commit a murder if she isn’t even in the state.

I think she arrived after the fact, perhaps as late as the 24th.

If she was in Colorado around the time of the murder, then they may have something.

That’s if there is no other evidence connecting him to this plot, which I absolutely do not believe.
There also a problem if the prosecution cannot show PF is not the solicitor versus the encouraged which would mean they have read ALL communications from beginning to end.

I don’t have a link, as I thought the purse and keys were actually missing. Hoping ajaylee can help us out.
I don't think we know that PF had her purse and keys through any info from LE or MSM. I think it's just an assumption that once he had killed KB he had control of them until such time he or someone else (guess who?) disposed of them.

ed:sp

Police said when they searched her two cars and residence they found cold, recently baked cinnamon rolls, according to ABC News.

Search intensifies for mom who vanished on Thanksgiving Day

Police checked Kelsey’s apartment, where cold baked cinnamon rolls were on the counter, and she had left her makeup bag, two vehicles, suitcases and other possessions, said Police Chief Miles De Young.

Armed with a search warrant, they also combed through her vehicles, De Young said.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/mo...n-missing-persons-case-of-29-year-old-mother/

Cold resently baked
Cold baked

Just my opine.

I thought early on that she baked cinnamon rolls, talked to mom about a recipe. She took cinnamon rolls out of oven went to store for ingredient (cctv) and went home.

I wonder now if the ingredient she purchased was at the house.

Also in reference to KK and the three solicitations, did she travel to that area once a month for any reason.?

It seems her suitcases were mentioned quite often. I wonder if they were packed?

I think everything we are seeing so far is CYA and a poorly played game of chess. It is about partial lies with a little truth. The gravest question we have is why KB is missing or deceased? We then have to answer if she is deceased where is she? How does PF benefit from her death? How would others benefit from her death?

There also a problem if the prosecution cannot show PF is not the solicitor versus the encouraged which would mean they have read ALL communications from beginning to end.[/QUOTE

Why is KB deceased? Wild guess...imo...murder usually boils down to sex or money. Either he wanted full custody and no child support payments, or, he is wildly jealous and wanted her dead if he couldn't have her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73