Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who the “suspect” is that LE mentions in above article, I have a gut feeling it’s not William, too obvious

It may very well not be William, because, as you said, it’s too obvious-but it wouldn’t surprise me if it is someone associated in some way with him.

Wow, just wow. How strange. I don't know Cheryl, but I can't imagine any woman texting the girlfriend asking if she would pursue a relationship with Bill if she was dead or not in the picture. No woman in their right mind would care to hear a response to that, let alone ask the question.

And that was back in August...then the nail in the coffin text in September. Sounds like whoever this suspect is REALLY wanted Bill & gf to be together and has been consumed by this thought for months before Cheryl went missing.

Wow, just wow. How strange. I don't know Cheryl, but I can't imagine any woman texting the girlfriend asking if she would pursue a relationship with Bill if she was dead or not in the picture. No woman in their right mind would care to hear a response to that, let alone ask the question.

And that was back in August...then the nail in the coffin text in September. Sounds like whoever this suspect is REALLY wanted Bill & gf to be together and has been consumed by this thought for months before Cheryl went missing.

My thoughts, exactly. What woman would be so concerned for the happiness of a man who, when notified that she’d filed for divorce, told her he wanted her out of the house that they’d shared.

And in my book that would be one of the daughters, remember dads the hero, trip to Florida, car, god knows what else and either daughter had the easiest access to Cheryl’s cell phone, to send or plant these texts , remember Cheryl was the one who filed for the divorce, and sometimes the “kids” can be vindictive in the nasty way either by trying to keep together or hurt one of the parents
Because Cheryl would have to be right out of mind to send text to GF , so process of elimination leaves the daughters

Cheryl's teenage daughter was at school that day. Cheryl's older daughter's dad is not William.
By all accounts, Cheryl and her daughters were very close, so there doesn't seem to be any logical connection that either one of them would be involved.

I am still considering the possibility that William is their suspect, and they just don't want to name him before hauling him in because of him being a flight risk. LE is careful to say that he and the gf are cooperating...but that doesn't mean that they believe everything they're saying.

On the FB group, someone had intimated that Cheryl knew that the gf was going on the trip and she was very angry about it (which kindof implies that she found out about it early enough to tell someone about it). But I've also read that someone suggested that "if she knew, she'd be furious," which kind of implies that she didn't know. If I assume the latter is probably more accurate, than her daughter must have shared that information with her on the way to school and there was a confrontation back at the home.

With the information we have, I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone else being responsible.

Remember that text message occurred in August to GF, and I do realize that Cheryl and her daughters were close, but all it takes with some kids at a moments lapse of judgement get mad at someone and say or post something stupid, who else other Cheryl in that home had access to her phone to send text to GF, because I don’t think Bill would have enough access to Cheryl’s phone , plus if It was Bill I think LE would have picked him by now
Or does anyone know if it’s possible to hack someone’s phone to send a text message, if the criminal element can spoof your number there must be a way to hack a text
I am still looking at some else other than Bill, as the suspect

Cheryl's teenage daughter was at school that day. Cheryl's older daughter's dad is not William.
By all accounts, Cheryl and her daughters were very close, so there doesn't seem to be any logical connection that either one of them would be involved.

I am still considering the possibility that William is their suspect, and they just don't want to name him before hauling him in because of him being a flight risk. LE is careful to say that he and the gf are cooperating...but that doesn't mean that they believe everything they're saying.

On the FB group, someone had intimated that Cheryl knew that the gf was going on the trip and she was very angry about it (which kindof implies that she found out about it early enough to tell someone about it). But I've also read that someone suggested that "if she knew, she'd be furious," which kind of implies that she didn't know. If I assume the latter is probably more accurate, than her daughter must have shared that information with her on the way to school and there was a confrontation back at the home.

With the information we have, I'm having a hard time thinking of anyone else being responsible.
In most cases I've followed the unnamed suspect was always said by LE to be cooperating up until the arrest was made.

I post above #742, they mention who ever sent text really wanted bill and GF together, first off no woman in their right mind would send that text, too me this definately has all the earmarks of a kid doing this, plus I don’t think Bill or the GF would take Cheryl’s phone to send this text, plus at that point in August Cheryl wouldn’t have let Bill within a 100 ft of her, because Cheryl was planning her new life

Sorry for dropping my thought process in the above post, I have had multiple sclerosis for almost 20 years and it’s taking its toll, I had my second spinal tap this am, loads of fun,
What I was trying to say is that Cheryl’s life was falling apart , marriage etc..and if you read the text over and over again my sense states a kid wrote that, probably getting mad at mom over the downward spiral of the family and sent that text

Sorry for dropping my thought process in the above post, I have had multiple sclerosis for almost 20 years and it’s taking its toll, I had my second spinal tap this am, loads of fun,
What I was trying to say is that Cheryl’s life was falling apart , marriage etc..and if you read the text over and over again my sense states a kid wrote that, probably getting mad at mom over the downward spiral of the family and sent that text

I totally see your train of thought here and don't discount that teenagers can act erratically. I guess I'm having trouble going from a teenager sending a text one day to the girlfriend because she's pissed at mom....to planning her abduction and possible murder, asking a fellow teen to skip school that day and attack her mom at home while she's getting ready for work, dump her body, then dump her car. Teenagers are pretty self absorbed, which I think makes them more prone to obvious mistakes to pull off a crime like this.

But it can happen, and has happened sadly with kids. And you're right, Cheryl's life was not great at this point.

I guess to some extent I still wonder about LE's claim that Cheryl was "last seen" dropping her daughter off at school, but they never said who saw her. A dark thought I've entertained much earlier was that her daughter was asked to lie about who dropped her off that morning, but that's a kind of scary scenario and one that I have no facts to back up.

Last edited:

You could be right; sometimes kids don’t understand why one parent would want to dissolve the marriage, even when the other parent has an outside significant other. Still, even if the kid sent the text (possibly on the request of her father), what would she be thinking about her mother leaving and having no contact with her? I wonder if the daughter wrote the text back in August, and is now cooperating with the police-I don’t think they mentioned the daughter in the press conference from yesterday, and sometimes what they don’t say is as important as what they do say.

I would not be surprised that Bill “might” have put her up to it ( he probably thought she would be the only one to get that close to Cheryl, to use Cheryl’s phone without worrying ), then remember they went to Florida, the daughter comes back, and is on dads side , then Cheryl disappears, then, Bill buys her a car, like he was trying for example to turn the daughter against her, since August.
And it’s a great point mentioned, no body saw her at the school, did Bill ask her to lie????
Once this case and suspect arrested, the way this has played out since October could me made into a made for TV movie

I would not be surprised that Bill “might” have put her up to it ( he probably thought she would be the only one to get that close to Cheryl, to use Cheryl’s phone without worrying ), then remember they went to Florida, the daughter comes back, and is on dads side , then Cheryl disappears, then, Bill buys her a car, like he was trying for example to turn the daughter against her, since August.
And it’s a great point mentioned, no body saw her at the school, did Bill ask her to lie????
Once this case and suspect arrested, the way this has played out since October could me made into a made for TV movie

If Cheryl ends up dead, we’ll be seeing this on Dateline and 48 Hours

I don't know- I think a young teen would crack by now. Plus at that age, most girls tell their best friends everything. I can't imagine four months later, her keeping silent if she did this. There would be signs from her if she was guilty.

That’s probably why Bill bought her a car, plus kids today have this wall of silience , and to get info out of them you practically need a tractor and a tow chain.
Since August 2018 did Cheryl’s friends note any type of depression, irrational thoughts or processes, or behavior not common to Cheryl.
Even though her friends say she would not run off on her own, but let’s say if someone is depressed they are not thinking straight or making bad life choices, they could could present themselves to friends and family but crying out inside
It’s a extreme possibility that on 2 oct, Cheryl reached her limit ,snapped and left
I was just posing another angle, even though I am guessing the daughter wrote the August text, but that fateful day maybe after arguing with bill for the umteenth time she reached her limit, and let’s say she emotionally brought down and departed on her own,
It is not out of the realm of fantasy , things happen
Good example and not saying it happened here ,a family member acting as normal on the outside all of a sudden decides to commit suicide, the human body and individual personalities are so different and react to things very different and sometimes can’t cope , and without hope bad decisions are made

I don't know- I think a young teen would crack by now. Plus at that age, most girls tell their best friends everything. I can't imagine four months later, her keeping silent if she did this. There would be signs from her if she was guilty.
I agree. Teens are too self-centered and their brains are not fully developed (actually they're not fully developed until 24-25 years). So they would not be able to plan effectively every detail without detection. And even if by luck they did, they would talk talk talk talk, and gossip would spread and LE would be interviewing every high schooler daily for information.

However, if a teen was lying about a detail and asked by someone dominant in her life to lie, then she may be able to stay silent for a much longer time, especially if it's "within the family".

We can only assume LE's thoroughly investigated everyone in the family, everyone's cell-phone data, and extensively interviewed all that EYE-witnessed Cheryl that morning.

Wyome I do agree with the mindset of teenagers, but in this case and others if set teenager lies to LE to help cover a crime when the main suspect is arrested, the teenager should have to be petitioned to juvenile court. I am a firm believer especially in today’s society kids need to know and respect authority, period...
I know people will say the kid is put in a tough spot doing what the parent or guardian asks, but I am a firm believer that if the police ask questions about a crime , the only response is the actual truth, and if the kid lies, they answer to juvenile court, my feelings are that bad behavior needs to stop so it don’t carry onto adulthood

The thing that is starting to anger me over this case and another missing person case from the Riverside area, the Jacob Caldwell missing which started as he witnessed the murder of his father in the Claypool building parking on the corner of Woodman and Linden in riverside, the thing that was upsetting with that case that It took a year to find him hidden in plain sight in Dayton, but now he is in juvenile detention until he’s 18 years due to previous issues and the one after he was found when the courts ordered him not to contact his mothers side because they killed his father, well he disobeyed the order and angered the courts, a innocent man died because of family , now the Coker case another case of a family issue going south, now we have a lady who is missing and presumed dead, and the possibility that a minor child is involved to cover the other parent, just an assumption now, then the Pike county murders , 8 people of one family murdered over as something stupid as custody of children
These cases mentioned tax our law enforcement thin , then when individuals actually go missing from stranger dangers their cases take forever to solve because the LE is busy solving family crimes that number one if the adults acted like adults and used services available time won’t be wasted
I live in Riverside, and it’s a very small city and the Coker and Caldwell cases happened in riverside and having a small department I feel bad for the police that see no end in useless violence.
I know it’s human nature , but like I said if adults would start acting like adults serious crimes such as missing people, murder, etc.. would be isolated, but not at epidemic proportion after seeing the list of missing people in the Dayton area,
Lastly the real sad thing is there two other missing people from the riverside community long before these high profile crimes that go forgotten
We live in a absolutely lousy world, damn.......

I noticed this morning by accident checking our local weather of a film group from Virginia joining the search for Cheryl Coker, they are investigating the disappearance of Chelsey Coe, from Miamisburg, ( about 5-6 miles from here in riverside) and will shift focus to Cheryl
Do any of you sleuths recongize this group headed by Josh Fourman, I enclosed the attachment if any want to look at the news article

Attachments

• 65B4569F-2973-41DD-B685-7873082DA367.jpeg
    65B4569F-2973-41DD-B685-7873082DA367.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors