MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IANAL, but asking for a blood draw to test for drugs is not a violation of the US Constitution, specifically the First Amendment, when you just admitted killing your partner. Am I missing something? TIA. JMO.

My understanding of what he’s alluding to is this: She DID request a blood draw. The police said the hospital wouldn’t honor a search warrant (complete hogwash), so one wasn’t taken. That ship sailed, of course, when the blood wasn’t drawn per the search warrant.

BUT, samples (urine, I believe?, and breathalyzer maybe) WERE taken immediately as part of an internal affairs investigation.

The catch? There’s a very specific rule that prohibits the samples taken as part of the IA investigation from being used against them in a court of law. The logic is sound. They have zero choice in providing these samples. It’s a requirement. They can’t “lawyer up” and refuse. So there’s this special rule saying basically, hey, you HAVE to give these samples if IA demands it, but these samples are ENTIRELY separate from samples obtained by a search warrant.

You know, the search warrant the police insisted wouldn’t be honored. Because those officers were busy obstructing justice.

So she came out saying something along the lines of... ok, fine. You guys said they wouldn’t honor a search warrant because these other samples were already taken. So produce the results.

She won’t get those results. Or maybe the results will be made public, but she won’t be allowed to use the results in a criminal proceeding. Because there truly is a special rule for this.

But the fact that the police on the scene did what they did with the search warrant, knowing full well the samples already collected couldn’t be used in criminal proceedings? They should be fired. And arrested themselves.

Very sad and probably embarrassing for him.
Oh has to be devastated. Horror and detestation his new wife is dead, anger and humiliation, betrayal by her and his fellow officers. He has every right to be angry with a lot of people including the police department as a whole. I bet he leaves the department soon.

I'm still going to consider its possible that Officer Alix no longer had romantic feelings for NH. Perhaps he was still trying to be romantic with her against her wishes. Maybe she met with him to finally say "its over" and he acted impulsively. We'll probably learn more later, most likely in those texts/phone calls. For now it's still just his version of the story we're hearing. She's not around to tell her side.

Attorney representing family of Officer Katlyn Alix says civil case is about finding the truth

Her attorney may be filing a civil lawsuit, allowing him to make them preserve the evidence in the case and access all the information.

“We have sent a preservation letter to St. Louis (Metropolitan) Police Department, which city council acknowledged,” he said. “Basically, it’s just asking them to preserve all evidence in the case.”

Every case, whether criminal or civil, depends on the presentation of evidence. Rosenblum has said from that start of this civil case that he would uncover every fact he could.

Attorney representing family of Officer Katlyn Alix says civil case is about finding the truth

Her attorney may be filing a civil lawsuit, allowing him to make them preserve the evidence in the case and access all the information.
I have to salute her family. They know that suit is going to uncover some behavior of their daughter's that isn't the best, but they are still willing to endure that so that they can get the truth and expose what appears to be a pretty toxic culture in the SLPD.

??????? Would love it if you would elaborate.

He had alluded to the fact that the background story was similar to what it seems to be. I had assumed it would unfold similar to this as well, just based off the various relationships/friendships I've seen in my years of LE.

Sad sad case all the way around...

Oh has to be devastated. Horror and detestation his new wife is dead, anger and humiliation, betrayal by her and his fellow officers. He has every right to be angry with a lot of people including the police department as a whole. I bet he leaves the department soon.

I hope he does (leave that police department). In the pictures I saw of him, he looks very nice and to be a confident person. If he ever trusts again, I bet he will find a very fine person to love.

Last edited:
I'm still going to consider its possible that Officer Alix no longer had romantic feelings for NH. Perhaps he was still trying to be romantic with her against her wishes. Maybe she met with him to finally say "its over" and he acted impulsively. We'll probably learn more later, most likely in those texts/phone calls. For now it's still just his version of the story we're hearing. She's not around to tell her side.

I totally agree with you. I have wondered if Alix went to Officer Hendren’s apartment to tell him their relationship was definitely over, and he became angry. That could explain the short amount of time she was there before she was shot. She could have gone there with her husband’s knowledge of what she was going to do, or at his direction, and things went south from there. If that is the case, the husband has nothing to be humiliated about. Just grief.

I hope he does (leave that police department). In the pictures I saw of him, he looks very nice and to be a confident person. If he ever trusts again, I bet he will find a very fine person to love.
If KA was indeed having an affair, there is no way that others in the department didn't know. So I would think her husband feels betrayed by fellow officers as well, especially supervisors that perhaps knew and still allowed them to be on patrols together. The failure of professionalism in this department is just staggering. The people of St. Louis deserve better and perhaps the State AG office needs to get involved to get this cleaned up.

If KA was indeed having an affair, there is no way that others in the department didn't know. So I would think her husband feels betrayed by fellow officers as well, especially supervisors that perhaps knew and still allowed them to be on patrols together. The failure of professionalism in this department is just staggering. The people of St. Louis deserve better and perhaps the State AG office needs to get involved to get this cleaned up.

ITA!! I wish the state would get involved. In the very beginning I heard gossip from a connection I have with the police department. It was said they were drunk and she was fooling around with one of the officers. I didn't pass this along with no sources. But now it is a known fact. I think common sense tells all of us that it was something like this.

I still don't buy the RRR story. But I don't think the shooting was intentional, just extremely reckless, criminal and unforgivable. I'm still not sure what happened although I believe it was a passionate or confrontational encounter. Mainly because of the timeline. Something happened fast.

Was anyone able to verify the sandwich run as part of the time line? I have not seen a source on that.

BBM JMO

ETA.. I am so angry about the lack of blood draw. The CA asked for it and the STLPD obstructed it. At the very least, the States Attorney should investigate that and follow through with charging and/or firing those responsible.

Last edited:
ITA!! I wish the state would get involved. In the very beginning I heard gossip from a connection I have with the police department. It was said they were drunk and she was fooling around with one of the officers. I didn't pass this along with no sources. But now it is a known fact. I think common sense tells all of us that it was something like this.

I still don't buy the RRR story. But I don't think the shooting was intentional, just extremely reckless, criminal and unforgivable. I'm still not sure what happened although I believe it was a passionate or confrontational encounter. Mainly because of the timeline. Something happened fast.

Was anyone able to verify the sandwich run as part of the time line? I have not seen a source on that.

BBM JMO

ETA.. I am so angry about the lack of blood draw. The CA asked for it and the STLPD obstructed it. At the very least, the States Attorney should investigate that and follow through with charging and/or firing those responsible.

I went through every post in this thread, including reading the linked articles. I was pretty sure there wasn’t a MSM report of a sandwich run & unless I happened to miss it, there is NO VERIFICATION of this. It was originally brought up as just a random example below (BBM):
Wow.
12:14 Back in Service
12:33 Arrive at Apartment (19 min drive)
12:56 Shooting (leaves 23 min inside apartment)

IMO, this was a planned meeting. Could be as simple as dropping off sub sandwiches for lunch break.

It wasn’t mentioned again for a while, but was cited several times after this post (BBM):
St. Louis cop Nathaniel Hendren was on patrol with Officer Alix two days before her death | Daily Mail Online

This article is interesting. Alix worked with NH two nights earlier.

The timeline is interesting as well.

12:14 am, NH and PR call in regarding false alarm.

12:56 Alix admitted to ER

1:07 Alix declared dead

NH worked with PR two nights after working with Alix. This was the 3rd night.

I wish we had more information, like cell phone records. And text messages, if there were more between Alix and NH since their last shift, or significantly less.

So, the 2 officers picked up sandwiches at Subway on the way home, they entered the apartment around 12:35 or so, per their report. In less than 20 minutes later, Alix was at the ER, which is a 7 minute drive from NH apartment. So, we are from 12:56, to 12:49 for drive. Add 5 minutes for getting Alix from apartment to car, that is 12:45.

They went from drinking beer and eating sandwiches to "RRR" within 5 minutes. Honestly, I just don't see that timeline working at all. If we believe the "RRR" story, I would be more likely to accept it, if they had been drinking and horsing around for an hour or so, stupid stuff like that seems "reasonable" at 2 am, when people are drunk and stupid. It doesn't quite work as well when there is 10 minutes of eating, drinking one beer.

Just the timeline makes me think that this was planned for some reason. I know how acrimonious work relationships can get...

(Note, I remember one article that mentioned that they stopped for sandwiches and brought them home, can't find it now).

He had alluded to the fact that the background story was similar to what it seems to be. I had assumed it would unfold similar to this as well, just based off the various relationships/friendships I've seen in my years of LE.

Sad sad case all the way around...
We really don't have confirmation of what actually happened--only NH's version.

Is RRR a new courting game?

I couldn't read all of NH lawyer's statements. His accusations against the CA make me so angry. When someone knowingly points a gun at another person and pulls the trigger, it's NOT an accident. That's an intentional act.

I couldn't read all of NH lawyer's statements. His accusations against the CA make me so angry. When someone knowingly points a gun at another person and pulls the trigger, it's NOT an accident. That's an intentional act.
Agreed.
Defense Attorney Sims points out that the court record is very specific, that the officers were playing with a gun. He explained, “There was no allegation that there was any anger involved and I don`t think that they can say or there would be a more difficult task for the state to prove that he intended to kill her or intended to do bodily harm.”
Where does "anger" come into this?

Yeah, probably just speculation from here. But if there is no food involved, it brings us back to the original question, which is why they all met up at his house? Oh yeah...to knock down a few beers and play with guns.

BBM:

(Nodding head): Sure, the Bingo probably got cancelled, so what else are you gonna' do on a Saturday night, right? But of course, the RRR!

Please. What do they take us for? It's an insult to the intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer