IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMZ
Police have now arrested 2 men in the Jussie Smollett investigation -- 2 men with ties to "Empire" -- and TMZ has learned they were booked for battery.

A Chicago law enforcement source tells us the next step may be a lineup in which Jussie will be asked to identify the culprits. This raises a potential problem because, as we first reported, Jussie initially said his attackers were white" his attackers were white and yelled "MAGA country."

The Osundairos, from Nigeria, just don't fit that profile.

As you know, Jussie has stated the men in the dark, grainy image are definitely his attackers. Police are not confirming the Osundairo brothers are the men in that photo.

Ola played a prison inmate on season 2 of "Empire." It's unclear exactly how well they know Jussie, but we know Jussie follows their joint Instagram account. Abel also says he's worked on "Empire."

Last edited:
This is the part that confuses me the most:

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more, and that says a lot about the place we are in our country right now," Smollett told ABC News.

So if these 2 Nigerian brothers are black men, did JS not know that? Did he ever report that to LE? It seems very odd to me that he pointed that out, that he would only be believed if he said his attackers were minorities. But then we find out that 2 black brothers, with a connection to his show are arrested . It makes his statement above to be very suspect, in my opinion. It feels to me like he made it a political and racial thing, when it may have just been a dispute between him and a coworker? JMO IMO

Sounds like they are trying to get his two friends to rat him out.

Meantime, two sources with intimate knowledge of the investigation tells CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards the attack on Smollett was potentially orchestrated by the actor himself, and involved two other men.''

But police said while there is no evidence documenting the alleged attack, there is also no evidence to say it is a hoax. They said Smullett is being cooperative at this time and continues to be treated as a victim, not a suspect.

BREAKING: Suspects Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case

PICTURED: Two actor brothers detained over Jussie Smollett attack

Smollett follows their joint Instagram account and, according to their lawyer, sometimes goes to the gym with them.

9864010-6708821-image-a-15_1550242789084.jpg

DailyMail.com has identified photographs of one of the brothers inside the gym in Smollett's apartment building in June. The gym is private to residents of the luxury condominium building.

9870996-6708821-image-m-6_1550251592533.jpg

The brothers' lawyer said on Thursday that they worked out with the actor and were friends

Among items police seized from the home were black ski masks. It is not known if they were the same as those shown above which the brothers sell online. Smollett said one of his attackers was wearing a ski mask when he was attacked.

9864382-6708821-Among_items_police_seized_from_the_home_were_black_ski_masks_It_-m-4_1550249972288.jpg

Last edited:
This is the part that confuses me the most:

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more, and that says a lot about the place we are in our country right now," Smollett told ABC News.

So if these 2 Nigerian brothers are black men, did JS not know that?

Right! How did he know they weren't Muslim or Mexican or black? Did the attackers announce their religion and ethnicity during the assault?

The wording that CPD uses regarding the suspects is interesting. They've been arrested on probable cause that they committed "a crime". Not specifying the nature of the crime speaks volumes.

Maybe Jussie was just confused or needs glasses.

eyewitness' and victims memories/statements are often unreliable and evolve over time for many reasons.

they can be influenced by implicit bias which is not a pejorative and every single human being possesses, and they can be influenced by stress, fear, and a desire to please (ie help the police).

earlier i mentioned the case of the recent drive-by shooting where this happened, there are also famous cases of victims identifying their attackers 100% in line-ups, insisting they are positive they are identifying the right person only later to be proven wrong by DNA and admissions of guilt.

these people dont do it on purpose, they are innocent victims.

if the police produce evidence to suggest something else happened in this case i will consider it.

I thought Mr. Smollett stated that he was attacked by white men. This story gets more and more convoluted every day.

The story seemed like a grade B movie script from the beginning:

- The men appear out of nowhere. No build up to the attack. Rather, the men attack immediately while shouting political slogans.
- They just happened to have a rope and also happened to be wearing MAGA hats.
- They escape into the night.... .

My elderly neighbor just told me the following:

She was walking at night in Amarillo. Two Muslims immediately attacked her while shouting "Death to Christian Republicans" and waving a scimitar that they just happened to be carrying. Oh yeah, they were also wearing "Elizabeth Warren for President" t-shirts. They then escaped into the night..... .

Then again maybe something is not right with her story..... .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member