FL FL - Tiffany Heaven Daniels, 25, Pensacola State College, 12 Aug 2013

New to the thread. Confused by the roommates story that he didn’t hear/see her come in that day, yet he heard her leave during the wee hours that morning. On phone or not, small house.. you know if someone,( esp the person that you need to ask why the power is off )has come into the house. Why is the power off? Maybe she was headed out to pay the bill prior to termination that morning but never left the house bc of foul play?
Also, where is the roommate in the Disappeared episode? His daughter is verifying info but he’s MIA. New roommate, perhaps he came on to Tiffany after a few nights of movies and chill with her and she turned him down. JMO.
Her vehicle is found at the beach. Were her keys in it? Sorry can’t recall. IMO someone drove the vehicle there to throw off LE.
Had there been any other missing women in this area around the time she went missing?

I found her roommate, Gary, suspicious as well until LE disclosed in Dec 2015 that a witness saw a man opening and closing the vehicle the day it was discovered. I believe he was also seen parking it there. Based on the witness account it didn't sound like her roommate - too young.

I thought the roommate was suspicious as well, moo.

We’ve seen though how someone mentioned in “Disappeared” hasn’t always turned out to be related to the disappearance, as in the case of Jessica Heeringa, iirc. Her abductor was nobody mentioned in the episode.

I just listened to this. I don't usually like the Unfound podcast, but sometimes the host has a really good source to interview and this was one of those. It seems Tiffany's former roommate accepted a transfer to an overseas civil service position in Italy about 9 months after Tiffany disappeared. But what is really curious is Tiffany's supervisor as he was the only one who told the story that Tiffany was going to take some time off after 12 August.

Also interesting is the condition of Tiffany's bike in her SUV. I own a 62cm frame bike that I could get in the back of a VW GTI by only removing the front wheel and still put luggage with it. Whoever put Tiffany's bike in her SUV removed the handlebars and not only is that not necessary but it requires a wrench. And at 5'7" I doubt Tiffany's bike was much bigger than a 56cm and her SUV is bigger than my GTI for cargo space. Her mother said Tiffany was a 'serious' cyclist and mentioned her attending cycling events. (Her mother says 'races', but most of my non-cycling friends call any cycling event I attend a 'race'.) If she was a serious cyclist ALL of these events require the riders to wear helmets. Was Tiffany's helmet in the SUV? Did she use clipless pedals and, if so, were her cycling shoes accounted for in the SUV?

Thanks for this info. As we all know eye witness accounts can be wrong and often are, however this leads me to my second theory that this was a stranger abduction/attack. What are your thoughts/theories?
I'm thinking, (1) stranger who saw her on the beach several times or (2) the supervisor.

I thought the roommate was suspicious as well, moo.

We’ve seen though how someone mentioned in “Disappeared” hasn’t always turned out to be related to the disappearance, as in the case of Jessica Heeringa, iirc. Her abductor was nobody mentioned in the episode.
Yes, too many cases to recall. Another classic is the Isabel Celis case. It seems everyone - including me - thought the parents were much too suspicious. More so than this roommate here.

I found a photo from the Facebook page, 'Help Find Tiffany'. Plain vanilla road bike and a rather old one at that. Regular pedals, i.e., not clipless. The downtube shifters and threaded headset leads me to believe it is 1995 or older.

Attachments

• Tiffany and bike.jpg
    Tiffany and bike.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 32
Why would anyone take off the handlebars if it wasn't necessary?

EBM
My guess - someone not familiar with bikes. Her front wheel looks like it might have a quick release and back then (mid 1990's and earlier) the front forks did not have safety tabs so you just flip the lever and the wheel drops right out. I would bet Tiffany had taken her bike in and out of that SUV so many times she could put in the back with very little effort. The first few times I tried putting my 62cm in the back of my VW I struggled but after it was not a problem. Since then I have rented several different models of vehicles and while I have struggled with some of them I can still get my bike inside. I always try to get a rental car where the rear seats fold forward and I can put the bike in through the trunk. The hardest part for me is situating the bike so the handlebars don't prevent a hatch or trunk lid from closing.

My guess - someone not familiar with bikes. Her front wheel looks like it might have a quick release and back then (mid 1990's and earlier) the front forks did not have safety tabs so you just flip the lever and the wheel drops right out. I would bet Tiffany had taken her bike in and out of that SUV so many times she could put in the back with very little effort. The first few times I tried putting my 62cm in the back of my VW I struggled but after it was not a problem. Since then I have rented several different models of vehicles and while I have struggled with some of them I can still get my bike inside. I always try to get a rental car where the rear seats fold forward and I can put the bike in through the trunk. The hardest part for me is situating the bike so the handlebars don't prevent a hatch or trunk lid from closing.
Great Info. So perhaps she was assaulted while out on her bike, OR the perp put the bike in her vehicle and drove it to the beach where it was located to throw off LE as I stated earlier. Somehow IMO I believe the latter. We can probably assume she did not put the bike in herself without the bars.
EBM

Great Info. So perhaps she was assaulted while out on her bike, OR the perp put the bike in her vehicle and drove it to the beach where it was located to throw off LE as I stated earlier. Somehow IMO I believe the latter. We can probably assume she did not put the bike in herself without the bars.
EBM

That is where I'm leaning. If the bike being disassembled like that is true I don't believe Tiffany put it in the SUV. Of course, one can argue that if she was assaulted while riding how did the abductor know which vehicle to put the bike in? (1) Someone she knew, (2) someone who had seen Tiffany on the beach on her past trips or (3) he saw her leave her vehicle on that day.

That is where I'm leaning. If the bike being disassembled like that is true I don't believe Tiffany put it in the SUV. Of course, one can argue that if she was assaulted while riding how did the abductor know which vehicle to put the bike in? (1) Someone she knew, (2) someone who had seen Tiffany on the beach on her past trips or (3) he saw her leave her vehicle on that day.
Bingo! Makes complete sense.

I'm very intrigued by things the hosts of Unconcluded Podcast (season 1 was Jennifer Kesse) have said very recently about Tiffany's case... as some of you might know, they did one episode on the case Unconcluded and have since gone radio silent on the case for months--never did another episode on her. They did a Q&A today on their Facebook page to respond to some of the listener's complaints and questions:

Someone asked if they would do more episodes on Tiffany Daniels.
Response: "honestly, probably not. Some things we wish we’d known before we released that first episode have changed things."

" yes we originally picked season two because of those things you mentioned. All I’ll really say is that I didn’t feel it fair to continue when my heart wasn’t in it. That’s on me."

Question: What made you drop the Tiffany Daniels case?
Response: "this is hard to answer. Several things really - but at the heart of all of that I just didn’t feel like we could do it justice, or have the right mindset to really take it forward. I couldn’t continue with is as a half assed, non passionate kind of thing."

"read above I answered a couple other similar questions. I will probably take down the introduction episode at some point."

"we didn’t find anything / told to drop it. We had barely even started it. It just became clear very quickly that it wouldn’t be right to keep going."

I'm very intrigued by things the hosts of Unconcluded Podcast (season 1 was Jennifer Kesse) have said very recently about Tiffany's case... as some of you might know, they did one episode on the case Unconcluded and have since gone radio silent on the case for months--never did another episode on her. They did a Q&A today on their Facebook page to respond to some of the listener's complaints and questions:

Someone asked if they would do more episodes on Tiffany Daniels.
Response: "honestly, probably not. Some things we wish we’d known before we released that first episode have changed things."

" yes we originally picked season two because of those things you mentioned. All I’ll really say is that I didn’t feel it fair to continue when my heart wasn’t in it. That’s on me."

Question: What made you drop the Tiffany Daniels case?
Response: "this is hard to answer. Several things really - but at the heart of all of that I just didn’t feel like we could do it justice, or have the right mindset to really take it forward. I couldn’t continue with is as a half assed, non passionate kind of thing."

"read above I answered a couple other similar questions. I will probably take down the introduction episode at some point."

"we didn’t find anything / told to drop it. We had barely even started it. It just became clear very quickly that it wouldn’t be right to keep going."
How odd? What did you take from these comments?

How odd? What did you take from these comments?

I don't really know exactly what to take from the comments but it makes me feel like maybe the case isn't as it seems... maybe the parents know more than they've shared publicly or there's a clear suspect and law enforcement doesn't want people poking in the case. Maybe there's good reason to believe Tiffany ran away or committed suicide. I really don't know, but it does make me think there's something big that the public doesn't know but others close to the case do. The hosts of the Unconcluded podcast were/are very dedicated to Jennifer Kesse's case so they are raising a lot of questions about Tiffany for me.

To clarify, the hosts of Unconcluded did the AMA in the Unconcluded Podcast Discussion Group

EDIT: Forgot to add that someone asked: "What does the boyfriend think happened to her? He’s the closest person to her at the time, he must have a theory." and Unconcluded responded 'we don't know.' Then someone else asked 'did you try to contact him?' and Unconcluded responded 'sure, he didn’t choose to participate for reasons we respect.'

Last edited:
I don't really know exactly what to take from the comments but it makes me feel like maybe the case isn't as it seems... maybe the parents know more than they've shared publicly or there's a clear suspect and law enforcement doesn't want people poking in the case. Maybe there's good reason to believe Tiffany ran away or committed suicide. I really don't know, but it does make me think there's something big that the public doesn't know but others close to the case do. The hosts of the Unconcluded podcast were/are very dedicated to Jennifer Kesse's case so they are raising a lot of questions about Tiffany for me.

To clarify, the hosts of Unconcluded did the AMA in the Unconcluded Podcast Discussion Group

EDIT: Forgot to add that someone asked: "What does the boyfriend think happened to her? He’s the closest person to her at the time, he must have a theory." and Unconcluded responded 'we don't know.' Then someone else asked 'did you try to contact him?' and Unconcluded responded 'sure, he didn’t choose to participate for reasons we respect.'

Seems a lot of folks keeping info close to the vest, a bit odd though when you’ve got a missing person. Perhaps LE have info they don’t want released and her ex bf has since moved on and has a family to protect, or simply wants to forget? I’ve often thought this to be off, for me personally I would want to do everything I could to assist LE if someone I loved went missing or worse. And then there’s always the hush hush from those that have something to hide...JMO

Seems a lot of folks keeping info close to the vest, a bit odd though when you’ve got a missing person. Perhaps LE have info they don’t want released and her ex bf has since moved on and has a family to protect, or simply wants to forget? I’ve often thought this to be off, for me personally I would want to do everything I could to assist LE if someone I loved went missing or worse. And then there’s always the hush hush from those that have something to hide...JMO
Really strange. After listening to the Unfound podcast interview of Tiffany's mother I found it interesting that the college where she worked refused to participate in the ID channel's episode of 'Disappeared'. Then the Unconcluded broadcast ends with very little participation.

Really strange. After listening to the Unfound podcast interview of Tiffany's mother I found it interesting that the college where she worked refused to participate in the ID channel's episode of 'Disappeared'. Then the Unconcluded broadcast ends with very little participation.

Yeah I'm thinking that the Unconcluded Podcast decided to drop her case because literally no one but the parents wanted to participate and you can't do this kind of podcast with no involvement from others

Why would the college refuse??! This is why it’s left to us here at WS to sleuth, but then we aren’t doing enough and are “wrong” for trying. Thank God for @Tricia for starting WS! God knows his angels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back