CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent this photo to the "Help Find Matthew Weaver Jr" page but I didn't get a response from them. I circled the spot where, to me, it looks like a person laying on the ground or a rock and is not wearing a shirt and is wearing dark pants. This picture is constantly on my mind and seeing as they found the hat and possibly a shirt, I cant help but think "what if this is him". I hope they at least checked the area of this photo. Maybe you all can take a look and tell me what you think. I used a magnifying glass.

49719616_1989831637803457_7686023033378570240_n.png

I zoomed in and took a snip. Hard to really see but it's definitely worth checking out, IMO. Thanks for sending it in.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 175
Wow - that is some progress. How do you think the bmw key was missed being found so close to wear the car was? did the car have keyless ignition ? just wondering about possible fingerprint scenarios. I don't remember reading about him possibly encountering people seen on surveillance footage.

Wow - that is some progress. How do you think the bmw key was missed being found so close to wear the car was? did the car have keyless ignition ? just wondering about possible fingerprint scenarios. I don't remember reading about him possibly encountering people seen on surveillance footage.

I am curious when the key was found. Was it recently or back when he first went missing. How was it missed for so long.

I would also like to see where the hat was found in the footage so I know what to look for in the photos near by.

Yeah, I can’t make out a hat in any of the photos I thought might be the ones mentioned. It would be helpful to get a sense of scale. Even living in the area and kind of understanding the terrain, it’s still hard for me to get an idea of how big/small things are.

Yeah, I can’t make out a hat in any of the photos I thought might be the ones mentioned. It would be helpful to get a sense of scale. Even living in the area and kind of understanding the terrain, it’s still hard for me to get an idea of how big/small things are.

I have not seen the family update the page since January 10. I wish they would give details. If it is his hat that could possibly narrow down a search area. I hope they redo a search in that general area.

The drone video somewhat helps, as there are people in it for reference. http://www.origininvestigations.com/cdn/weaver/weaver-drone-video.mp4

Oh wow, I wonder if the area around the 6:20 mark is where they found his belongings. I see something white for sure, and I think I also see a speck of red nearby.

I also didn’t realize just how steep the terrain was out there. I hope the dense brush is enough to keep the recent storms from causing mudslides and covering anything.

I took screen shots of all the stuff they found. If the family can maybe mark where the objects are on a map it will help people when they search. I have a friend with a drone who said he could go out this week but I want to make sure he has the right area.

Attachments

• AA359A6D-E961-46AA-9B84-9899BC549696.jpeg
    AA359A6D-E961-46AA-9B84-9899BC549696.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 167
  • D4E3F888-6258-4FBB-A122-4043D115C764.jpeg
    D4E3F888-6258-4FBB-A122-4043D115C764.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 54D2E6C5-2731-459C-94CD-3DD6FFBDC2EB.jpeg
    54D2E6C5-2731-459C-94CD-3DD6FFBDC2EB.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 166
  • EFCCDBA3-9411-45D1-B99D-DEC7EA1D7DBC.jpeg
    EFCCDBA3-9411-45D1-B99D-DEC7EA1D7DBC.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 163
Wildcats821.... I have been up there 3 times this week.... the terrain off the road is trecherous to say the least. I have a couple questions I hope you can answer. As far as the location where is car was found. I know the road it was on, was it found in the spot where theres a large boulder on the left and a drop off on the right? That seems about as far as anyone could navigate a car however there is a spot just south of that where part of the road washed away and could be tough to navigate. Also I believe it was stated that dogs picked up his scent and traced it for about 100 yards. Was that headed south back to the main road or was that headed north around the front of the lookout? As far as the cries for help that were heard, was that south of the car as well where the road splits into two? was it on the east or west side of the road? Can you please describe where those yells were heard from and what the family makes of those? I can easily see how someone could get lost and trapped down the side of the hill, it is very hard to climb your way out of there. Thank you and I hope Matt is found soon

His car was found right around here. I tried to zoom in as much as I could. But where the ground gives out is where his tire was hanging off. 100 yards from the car towards the road. The cries for help were determined early on to be coming from the house in the canyon and had nothing to do with Matthew.

Attachments

• 984C934A-E070-401F-A67B-1E4AE6586428.jpeg
    984C934A-E070-401F-A67B-1E4AE6586428.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 101
It would be helpful to know his state of mind when sending those texts. I haven't read any interviews or articles quoting the girl with whom he was last seen. Surely she could give some insight into his state of mind when they parted. Were drugs involved? Could he have been high on something, hallucinating, not in his right mind and not able to make good judgments? Is that why he parked where he did and texted her instead of calling police? Why hasn't more info been released about the girl's accounts of the night? She is the last person to have seen him alive, after all. I would think her testimony would be crucial to the case. Has it been proven that they really parted ways when she said they did?
The police have determined she is not a suspect or a person of interest in Matthews case.

No, his car did not have keyless ignition and I’m not sure where people are getting information that he encountered people on surveillance footage. We cannot see Matthew in the footage it’s extremely grainy and spotty. People are seen going up on the trail, coming back down, and 1 person who we cannot identify.

I am curious when the key was found. Was it recently or back when he first went missing. How was it missed for so long.

I would also like to see where the hat was found in the footage so I know what to look for in the photos near by.

The key was found 1/20/19. It rained very hard within the last couple of months it could have been somewhere else and the rain pushed it there. We don’t have an answer how it was missed.

I have not seen the family update the page since January 10. I wish they would give details. If it is his hat that could possibly narrow down a search area. I hope they redo a search in that general area.

We just did an interview on CBS, giving out the details. We also did a search the next day after we found the hat and the shirt. 1/30/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam