Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see any facts that relate to that at all , first I’ve heard of it
Not LE as far as I know but some MSN reports stated she was seen wandering the streets near her house

Ah but Steley, did you know that Boston USA is named after Boston UK which is only about 50 miles from Hull? Hope that makes you feel a little bit closer to proceedings!
LOL Yes and btw that's about the same distance to Hull, MA From Boston, MA.
There was, in fact, an affinity among the colonists for the motherland but then something happened...
But you know it's gonna be .. All right,
All right.
big-smile2-smiley.gif

I'm starting to think that on day 1, the police went to the bench where Libby was last seen.

Then saw the camera on haworth
St.

Then saw the whole version of the CCTV and saw pr put Libby in and drive off.

Then they watched pr to see if he led them to libby and when he didn't they arrested him.

When he denied seeing her they probably showed him the CCTV and he admitted it was him and that he dropped her off.

Then he probably.used his phone call to call his sister and tell her that he gave Libby a lift and she made a move and to tell the rest of the family.

Im liking this a lot Paddy ( not sure about the timing of the phonecall to sister but even that I can envisage....' why on earth are you at the police station P? Well sis..... )

Ive always had the sense that somehow LE's hand was forced regarding the timing of the arrest by the knowledge that some other party ( MSM?) was about to release footage (Haworth cctv?) or information that LE felt would alert PR to their awareness of his involvement and the kind of approach youve described( tracking/monitoring him in some way) and the arrest took place earlier than they ideally had wanted( before PR had led them to LS or before LS found)

However, this would mean LE having knowledge or belief that to delay arrest by several days would not put LS at risk, meaning that somehow they were aware/ believed that she was either already dead or in someone elses care ( as surely PR would have made daily visits if holding LS somewhere)

No but would love to see it if it's available

Watching this version it's as if I can see more of a "skuffle" for want of a better word ...I've always been able to see what I thought was a female getting in the car ...but it's almost as if I see female legal appear..then walk slightly back before appearing again and sitting in

That’s why I’m sure she recognised him, I’m going with she knew him from gym, didn’t know bearded guy so said no, but saw PR and he offered to help, maybe after they talked at bench she had no keys and mates were at welly, he said he would drive her to nightclub to get keys from flat mates and that’s why she was so willing....she then fell asleep in car and he did the detour...

I’m wondering why she’d go to that gym when there would be a gym at Uni much cheaper and with people she knew.

Crazy that it's nearly 16 days since Libby went missing. Almost a week since it got to the end of the 96 hours questioning time and we were all waiting with baited breath to see what (if any) the charges would be. What a bizarre evening that was :eek:

Direct from Police we have:

Seen on CCTV at 23:40 on Beverley Road.
Seen near the bench (not on it) at no stated time.
May have been in the area until 12:09 (though the latest update has reverted to the earlier 12:05 last seen).

Near bench?
Possibly on ground? Very drunk/ semi conscious? Grey beard stops to help because of this. He leaves. P arrives, picks her up, she half walks is half carried to car.

Not LE as far as I know but some MSN reports stated she was seen wandering the streets near her house

I think this last part from Humberside Police is exactly that stated much more diplomatically? Wandering the streets (drunk) sounds worse I think.

We believe she may have been in this area until around 12.09am

Direct from Police we have:

Seen on CCTV at 23:40 on Beverley Road.
Seen near the bench (not on it) at no stated time.
May have been in the area until 12:09 (though the latest update has reverted to the earlier 12:05 last seen).

Yes nothing about ‘wandering student area ‘

I’m wondering why she’d go to that gym when there would be a gym at Uni much cheaper and with people she knew.
Good point but apparently the uni gym isn't great. That Xercise 4 Less gym has LOADS OF students going. At certain times there's a constant stream of students walking to and from that gym. It's a busy gym too, I don't think she knew him from there (IMO)

Cut & paste:

UN Statistics Division lists Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Romania, and Poland as countries in Eastern Europe. Other sources include Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Croatia, and Bosnia in this list as well as the Baltic countries

Eastern European are former Soviet countries mostly, Baltic countries included. Other countries you mention not

Ooops I’m sorry! I posted in a rush & I’m just popping in and out when I get the chance! I will try to figure out how to edit/delete!

try to hurry up or this entire Libby thread gets shut down by the Mods. Has already happened.

I did think why not a uni gym, but the gym looks cheap, looks like memberships per month start at a tenner and maybe if she was into fitness they would probably have better facilities and also a good way to meet other people other than work colleagues or uni mates..

Im liking this a lot Paddy ( not sure about the timing of the phonecall to sister but even that I can envisage....' why on earth are you at the police station P? Well sis..... )

Ive always had the sense that somehow LE's hand was forced regarding the timing of the arrest by the knowledge that some other party ( MSM?) was about to release footage (Haworth cctv?) or information that LE felt would alert PR to their awareness of his involvement and the kind of approach youve described( tracking/monitoring him in some way) and the arrest took place earlier than they ideally had wanted( before PR had led them to LS or before LS found)

However, this would mean LE having knowledge or belief that to delay arrest by several days would not put LS at risk, meaning that somehow they were aware/ believed that she was either already dead or in someone elses care ( as surely PR would have made daily visits if holding LS somewhere)
I think they might have thought she was in someone else's care. Someone on here said the police were searching houses on raglan street early on so pr might have known not to go anywhere suspicious.

But he might have text the person. If he did the police might have strange texts he sent to an unknown number giving hints toward the park or something. Also if he worded the texts well they might suspect he abducted her. But not be able to prove it.

I might try and de-noise the CCTV footage tomorrow on a pc. I'm sure there's more to it that we can currently see.

I can't stop thinking about the Susan McLean case (an American in Scotland) and I think it's because all this local help is reminding me how wonderful Websleuthers can be.

It's only one thread, 42 pages long, but I'd recommend you read the whole thing when you have an hour or two. We had a member out searching diligently (with a shocking twist midway explaining why she was so keen) and another member, a friend of Susan, who flew from the US to team up with her and search. We also had Susan's husband join us.

It's my favourite thread that I've ever been involved with here. Heartwarming but twisty, sad but just beautiful really. Please read, and then have a Scotch whiskey, for Susan!

Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Yes, yes, yes, this ^^ this ^^ this ^^ I was trying to remember her name only the other day! That was a fascinating (and truly sad) story and the ending...well! I was thinking of her with the Libby thing too.

[/QUOTE]
The bench is at the bottom of her street. Not his
He lives a fifteen min walk from there.
If she was locked out and unable to call her friends and quite drunk, the logical thing to do would be to go to the nearest bench in public view which would be that one at the top of Haworth St.
I know this because I was born and raised in Hull
I went to Hull Uni then moved to London where I’ve been for the last twenty years.
As for the suggestions he would clear things with his wife in regards to going out you’re forgetting that they’re used to a different culture.
The husbands think nothing of going out till all hours with their friends and the wives are used to it, in most cases I’ve seen.
Strangely enough I’d never heard of Oak Park till this case came up. Neither had any of my friends in Hull, despite being from all over Hull
I had friends in student houses in Wellesley in my time there and the park wasn’t known of by them either.
It’s not really a park like East or West park. It’s really more of a dog walking or fishing place.
I’m surprised PR knew of it unless he’s done a reccy for hiding places to stalk.[/QUOTE]

Haven't managed to do the quote thing properly but I do agree with this that Oak Road is not a massively known about park. It's kind of tucked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member