Found Deceased Canada - Riya Rajkumar, 11, Toronto, 14 Feb 2019 *father arrested*

Catherine McDonald‏Verified account @cmcdonaldglobal 2m2 minutes ago
#Breaking. Peel police say they were concerned about the wellbeing of Rajkumar after they picked him up from @OPP_News. He’s now at trauma centre He’s still in custody and police will standby until he’s medically cleared. They will be proceeding with a First Degree murder charge

Catherine McDonald‏Verified account @cmcdonaldglobal 51m51 minutes ago
Peel police will be updating media on this development at 1:30 in a scrum outside 22 division. I’m told that @SIUOntario was notified about the injuries but it will not be invoking it’s mandate @globalnewsto

2mi0olt.jpg

CP24 on Twitter

I’m just getting home from a long day at work. I posted this morning before I left as I saw the alert when I awoke as my phone is on silent.
I’m GOBSMACKEd that people have actually called police to complain about the amber alert and interrupting them or complaining in general on social media about it.
My gosh. We say sorry for everything as Canadians. I’m so sad people got so bent out of shape over an alert that actually helped find this monster. Sadly not the way we hoped but it worked.
Now to catch up here.
Xo
ETA I’m just talking about the actual alert. Not when it was issued in regards to child being reported missing by mama. That’s a different story.

According to the following article RR had a self inflicted gunshot wound which went undetected until Peel Regional Police came to pick him up from the OPP in Orillia. That is the medical issue that had him sent to hospital and then to a trauma centre. I wonder how that went undetected? It also says there were no obvious signs of trauma to her body.

WARMINGTON: Brampton girl’s life stolen on her 11th birthday

Catherine McDonald@cmcdonaldglobal

Court records obtained by @globalnewsto find that Roopesh Rajkumar was charged with assault causing bodily harm & threatening death in 2004, assault and mischief under $5000 in 2008 & assault in 2015. In all 3 cases, the charges were withdrawn. In 2, he entered into a peace bond

It’s unclear who the alleged victims of these alleged assaults were. Roopesh Rajkumar will appear in court on the charge of First Degree Murder in relation to his daughter, Riya Rajkumar, when he is medically cleared, according to @PeelPoliceMedia

Just learning from Riya’s family that a candlelight vigil will be held tomorrow at 6 pm in memory of Riya Rajkumar at Meadowvale Village Green at 985 Old Derry Road in #Mississauga near Meadowvale Village Public School. Organizers ask that you bring your own candles #RIPRiya

Catherine McDonald (@cmcdonaldglobal) on Twitter

This photograph was posted by Roopesh Rajkumar this past weekend on social media. Rajkumar’s aunt & cousin just came by the crime scene and told
@globalnewsto
they are shocked. They say Roopesh & Riya had been in Florida this past weekend for a wedding & everything seemed fine

Twitter

My understanding is that the police had reason to enter for the sake of the childs' safety. They found her lifeless body when they entered.

They were still awaiting a warrant to get more forensic evidence mid-morning.

I guess the Amber Alert was issued after her body was found?? IMO

It has been my experience that information shared with police regarding a persons 'wellbeing' may provide police reason to enter... I'm not sure a 'warrent' is needed in Ontario to enter when there is reason for concern of a persons wellbeing ... I have requested police intervention and I don't recall a warrent being necessary ...

It has been my experience that information shared with police regarding a persons 'wellbeing' may provide police reason to enter... I'm not sure a 'warrent' is needed in Ontario to enter when there is reason for concern of a persons wellbeing ... I have requested police intervention and I don't recall a warrent being necessary ...

Yes, that's what I said. :)

They did have reason to enter, the safety of the child was paramount.
That is called 'exigent circumstances'.

Once they found her deceased, they needed a warrant to collect the forensic evidence.

From link. imo.
Foreshadowing?

"Brightest day
Blackest night
No evil shall escaped my sight
Let those who worship evils might
Beware of my power
Bumpy’s light............lol"

Wow! How strange is that.

I'm so sad this beautiful little girl's life ended this way. I will never understand how a parent can do this. My thoughts and deepest sympathy are with her mother and her family. I just can't imagine what her mother is going through.
Rip beautiful angel.

Wow! How strange is that.

I'm so sad this beautiful little girl's life ended this way. I will never understand how a parent can do this. My thoughts and deepest sympathy are with her mother and her family. I just can't imagine what her mother is going through.
Rip beautiful angel.
And once again the parent threatening to harm himself manages to murder his daughter but somehow has a gunshot wound that even LE didn't notice until later. I'm so sick of reading about dead kids and their barely wounded parent. IMO like some already said, a revenge murder and the guy couldn't manage to take himself out. Why is it never the reverse?

Well I hope we get some answers as to how he was in OPP custody for hours with an undetected gunshot wound. Very curious as to where this wound was. I'm also curious as to whether this was Riya's cause of death. Not that anything from this nightmare is a positive but at least her mother is now spared a trial.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back