UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever mentioned if the younger sister is seen on CCTV returning to the family home after leaving with his friends?

I am surprised the defence haven’t claimed he had gone out searching for the younger sister. It may have sounded a BIT more believable than the outlandish special defence that has been lodged instead.

I am interested to hear the forensic peoples input when the trial recommences on Monday. I am really hoping they have him bang to rights with DNA to eliminate any doubt that may be introduced by the defence.

I may be off the mark here but something tells me that some of the people featured in this story are perhaps more interlinked with one another than may be obvious?
Small places rarely contain many people of a similar age group who are not known to each other OR as in many small communities, actually related to one another??

So from what i am reading ...it would appear that we possibly have some collective question as to the level of premeditation here? (Assuming that the guilty party is in the dock)
If his intention when leaving his mothers house is to get cannabis...,then it must follow that he did not set out to rape and murder?
But this ignores one fact.....
He apparently took with him a knife.
This would not be required in order to buy cannabis.
And i assume that the badlands of rothesay would not require it for personal protection??
Which brings us back to.....
If he left the house with a knife...then what exactly did he set out to do?
Is it possible he set out to steal cannabis and took the knife as some backup
Im pretty sold on the idea that when he left his mothers house, i think his intentions (whatever they were) were not specifically the offence that was committed.
Surely IF this crime had been planned to any extent then would it not have been done a little more sophisticatedly than was the case?
The whole thing here screams "brain explosion" and his hamfisted attempts at covering up bear all the hallmarks of someone half stoned or drunk.

RSBM
You've just wrapped up all my thoughts in the above! At this stage I'm thinking he set out to rob the place for weed (or other drugs) but a 'better' opportunity (in his mind) arose.

I think after calling them both, he knew there was a high chance they were asleep. Their house was possibly the closest house to his that he KNEW would 100% have weed. After finding the door open he happened to come across Alesha and his plan changed.

In his mind he was probably thinking that the world was against him...
He was drunk/high
Had an argument with his mum
The argument was possibly the reason his party broke up
He probably thought he was gonna 'get lucky' after the party...didn't
His sister leaves with his friends
Multiple calls to people for weed go unanswered

Of course though, he'd have to have a sick and twisted mind to do, or even think of doing, this heinous crime, but I don't think it was what he set out to do IMO. (and subject to change pending further evidence ;))

I may be off the mark here but something tells me that some of the people featured in this story are perhaps more interlinked with one another than may be obvious?
Small places rarely contain many people of a similar age group who are not known to each other OR as in many small communities, actually related to one another??

Indeed. Even the two people who had CCTV of the figure on the beach are brother/sister-in-law:

Alexander McLachlan, a welder, said he contacted police after making the discovery on the cameras fitted to his home in Marine Place, Rothesay.

His sister-in-law Shari Strathie, 33, said CCTV from her home next door, also shown in court, featured a person carrying something on their front "with legs hanging down".
Mirror

Hi. Newbie here!!

I've been catching up on the thread since last night. I've also been reading the social media updates.

Firstly my heart goes out to the family of this innocent little girl, i cannot imagine the devastation they have experienced and still experiencing with the detail that is being reported.

The whole thing leaves me conflicted. I hope justice is served correctly but as a mother of 3 children (one of them 16 and one 6 ) part of me wants to believe the accused hasn't carried out this crime. I'm not saying for a second he never did it, so far it looks like he did, the evidence is telling us that. I just can't imagine the thought process of anyone be it adult or teenager carrying out such a horrendous and violent assault on a 6 year old. I suppose it's because I'm only human. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the family of the accused.

In regard to the accused's demeanour in court, i think he has been advised by his defence team to not show any emotion or reaction to the witnesses or evidence.

To say I'm looking forward to what next week at the trial will bring is wrong but i'm interested to see how it pans out in regard to, the blaming of someone else, has he been positively identified on the CCTV that wasn't provided by his mum? Can the link with TM be proven? Was there any DNA on the knife and was there any DNA belonging to anyone else on Alesha or the evidence?

The trial so far has thrown up so many questions that still remain to be answered but on the whole it's a shocking case and very upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07