Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that CCTV footage is Libby getting in PR's car, I think she went willingly, if a little reluctantly as common sense would dictate. I think maybe she had no keys and he said he'd help her get into her house "I'm a locksmith" (aka burglar). Maybe she even recognised him from somewhere. Lulling her into a false sense of security like you say. Charming enough to convince a vulnerable young lady.
I agree.
And you do feel that the police having added everything together , Libbys last know sighting at the bench on Cottingham Rd , the Haworth St cctv and adjacent traffic cctv , added together they must be 100% sure that PR has abducted her.
Theyve probably got him turning right off Beverley Rd into Beresford Ave on the way to her house in Wellesley (or on to the park) , they just cant prove it from that point onwards.
If they have PR and Libby turning right into Beresford and then dropping off the radar and suspect something happened near the oak road park they need to keep searching , rather than just relying on a dog walker stumbling upon her body. The time of 3am that the police gave as the time they were interested in might be the next time cctv picks PRs car on his way home , just a thought.
Be interesting to know what the wife says.

Yeah even if that car seat for the baby was in the house as it looks like part of a travel system the older child would be in a fixed car seat. If they’re anything like me there would also be the odd toy in the car (assuming it is PR/ his car etc etc).

and also a dog lead?! has he been seen entering the park the following day with a dog on a lead and leaving without. If it was a metal chain explains the use of machinery in cutting back vegetation- be hard to cut through a dog lead.

So the Hull Daily Mail skipped its routine morning "Police are back in Oak Rd Park" update today, it seems. I assume if they were there they'd be eager to report it for the sake of keeping the story active? Has anyone been down Oak Rd today and seen police?

I know visible searches are neither here nor there if there is thought to be no prospect of a discovery, yet as much as they may just have been a routine process of elimination, there was something reassuring about it. And surely they didn't manage to search the full length of the Croda fence - on both Oak Rd + riverside - as well as whatever area of land it contains in just a few hours?

Now it seems like we're at a dead end publicly. We won't know anything unless and until whatever they're working on behind the scenes leads them back out. That could be a long time, if ever.

Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that this is pretty much it for us for the foreseeable future? :(

Yes, I stand corrected: I see that now. So why did she cross over? What was she intending?
Maybe she was going to walk back down to welly on that side of the road thinking she might see her friends coming back but realised how drunk she was once she crossed over? Or like someone has said before she may have thought about walking to the uni because the library is open 24 hours. Who knows, she was drunk and things feel so different with a drink in us don't they

Somebody earlier said they noticed a couple of similar cars down Beresford in one of the videos I posted last night. Can you have a look and give us your thoughts please?

Yeah in your second video going up and down Haworth Street I see 2 silver/light coloured cars the first of which is 100% a 2004-2009 Astra. The second one too but there is something I can't put my finger on making me wonder about that so will say 95% an Astra. I would love to hear hitthenick's opinion.

Given the time of your video (23:30) I would think those cars parked up are virtually all resident vehicles?

Here are the timestamps from your video:

1st car 2:45 & 3:44 (100% Astra)
2nd car 2:54 & 3:36 (95% Astra)

He definitely knew where her street was and probably knew where the Welly was but asking her to put it in the Sat Nav especially in her intoxicates state means a) she’s looking at the sat nav not the route he’s taking b) if he starts NOT heading towards the club he has already got the excuse he doesn’t know where it is and ooos his English isn’t great he misunderstood the SAT NAV. Personally I think there’s not much much pre planning going on so probably a rather than b.

if you are in a different country, you might be able to speak some of the language but unless you'd studied it thoroughly I bet you cannot pronounce the alphabet outloud. (English: Ay, Bee, See, Dee, Eee, Eff, Jee, Aitch etc). Polish would be Ah, Beh, Seh, Chee, Deh, Eh, Ayoh, Eff, Jeh, Geh, Ha, etc (they have extra letters in the alphabet). So it would be far easier to pass over a map and ask them to put postcode in . IMO.

If LE didnt have the certain knowledge that it was PR and LS, in PR's car ( the same car that was towed away) on Haworth, then why would LE arrest PR on Suspicion of Abduction?
They could have taken the car just to check it for evidence but the reason they arrested him was because they saw him talking to her on street. Their could be a multitude of reasons they suspected him that didn’t involve the car. Maybe they already had him on the radar for flashing. He could have been arrested for that previously but released for lack of evidence.

and also a dog lead?! has he been seen entering the park the following day with a dog on a lead and leaving without. If it was a metal chain explains the use of machinery in cutting back vegetation- be hard to cut through a dog lead.

Why would he leave without a dog lead? I don't get what is being implied? (sorry)

If it was me I'd do the exact same thing she did.

Sit on a bench in full sight of everyone.

I can't remember how long she waited on that bench, but in the cold you would give up hope of your friends passing soon and maybe consider another option. Especially if you were desperate for a wee. I don't know if its just me, but just 10 mins in the cold and I need a wee.

I can't remember how long she waited on that bench, but in the cold you would give up hope of your friends passing soon and maybe consider another option. Especially if you were desperate for a wee. I don't know if its just me, but just 10 mins in the cold and I need a wee.

Yeh I do too to be honest. But I would still sit on a bench in relatively plain sight with the hope of seeing someone I know rather than just wander the streets.

This is my scenario synopsis as the way I think it could possibly have gone on the night/morning of that fateful Thursday/Friday 2 weeks ago. Lot of 'possibles' as we don't know certain facts as not revealed, so bear with me.

I am basing this on LS living on Wellesley in one of the even numbered houses, and not an odd number, ie one that backs on to the Drain. I am still not sure if that has been confirmed by any means, the number? Have seen several options mentioned here. If it is this house, 32, below, then my theory might hold a little more water! If not, then I am not even close.

Check out this student property on Rightmove!

So, on that night the occupants are out to a party first before going on to the Welly. We know LS didn't seem to take a bag with her so she may either have not taken a key as she was travelling light (no phone either), or that as the occupants were all out together, and intending to return home together, she didn't really need one as one of the others was the 'designated house key holder' that night, perhaps having taken a bag with her.

As events transpired, LS left the club before the others and the key was forgotten about. Somewhere on the journey in the taxi she realised this fact. So when she arrives at Wellesley, knowing she can't get in, she doesn't bother going to door as she knows no one is home, instead heads down Wellesley, turns into Beresford and walks on down to Beverly intending to get a bus back to the Welly.

As she crosses over Beverly to the stop, she is caught in the headlights of Mr Grey Hair's car as he approaches, and notices the obviously worst for wear young woman. Someone said on here that she fell on the ground although we have no proof of that, but that might have alerted her to his attention: she falls, it's icy, it is below freezing and she has no gloves and is wearing no tights. If she did fall, she would have hurt and possibly grazed or cut her leg and hands, so she may have started crying as witnessed being 'distressed'. Or, she may have got to stop, and found either the last bus had gone, or that she had no money as had used last she had on the taxi, and because she didn't have her phone either, she couldn't use contactless payment. So she starts crying as cold and drunk and doesn't know what to do - then seen by Mr Grey Hair.

At some point after that, either she decides to head back to Wellesley or she is spotted either by PR or whomever is the man on the Haworth Street CCTV.

The first scenario. She staggers back across Beverly Road and back down Beresford where at some point she is seen by a predator on the loose who follows her.

As she gets to the junction where Beresford meets Heathcote, she turns left, and then veers right into the pedestrian only pathway that cuts through to Wellesley. Remember the woman in the house on Heathcote who heard the screams (I shall return to her shortly) said the street was used as a cut through:

"We do get a lot of students who live in the road that Libby lives in who use this road as a cut through."

I think she may have meant this pathway, particulaly if she lives in one of the houses closest to it.

Halfway on the left of this pathway there is a short alley that backs onto the end row of houses on Wellesley as mentioned above. If LS lives at 32, you will see from pic in the link there is a gate to this alley from the garden (possibly same with adjacent houses?)

Back to the Heathcote woman. If she lives in one of the houses that also backs on to the alley from the other side, I wonder if her bedroom is at the back of the house? It is more usual for bedrooms to be at the back, although admittedly with some that are in multi-occupancy I appreciate they can sometimes be at front. But let's for argument sake say her bedroom was at back of house, I wonder if the screams and noises she heard were in fact emanating from this alley and not from Heathcote Street itself?

Back to LS who has turned onto this alley from the pathway. She has remembered that they sometimes use the back gate entrance as it is not locked (just hypothesising here) and she thinks she'll get in that way. As she is here, she is caught by the one who has followed her. So what the woman in Heathcote heard is her scream, the voices and the bang of the garden gate as she is perhaps pulled sharply back from it whilst she has hold of by the attacker. Alternate scene, she is not followed but someone is already lurking here who she encounters and same scenario. This could be random or someone who lives in one of adjoining houses - and gate slam may be pulling her inside their own (I don't know if police have searched all gardens and houses in that section?)

In the second scenario, PR or car guy sees her on bench and asks does she want a cab, he is a mini cab. She may be crying and says she doesn't have any money, he says never mind, he will take her, his car is just around corner, come with him. She does that.

If PR, if what sister says is correct and he is well meaning on this occasion, he drives her back to Wellesley, good deed done, and she gets out and off he goes. LS turns into the same pathway to cut around to the back garden gate, but approaches from the Wellesley end - and same fate befalls her as above.

If PR as not Mr Nice Guy, he drives her back to Wellesley, she gets out. He looks around, road is clear no one around, house lights along street all off, he spots his chance, gets out of car and follows her down the path, to alley and attacks her there. He could then drag her the short distance to his waiting car.

I am afraid I draw a blank as to what happens after that. If not PR or someone who drove her there, then I think she could be in one of the sheds or houses that back on to alley. If taken by someone with car, then...who knows.

As far as I know from when I lived in Hull all the last buses leave the station at 11pm going past the Welly heading to Wellesley and then after arriving at their destinations stop for the night
There are no buses back towards the Welly.
So she definitely wasn’t trying to catch a bus back.
It’s not that long a walk back to the Welly.
Maybe fifteen or twenty mins at most.
I appreciate it was slippery and she was quite drunk but it’s a straight road and there would’ve been frequent traffic, so why didn’t she attempt this.

Why would he leave without a dog lead? I don't get what is being implied? (sorry)

someone mentioned things he could have in his car If he strangled her with a dog lead it would have her DNA on it ...he would need to dispose of it. I'm just trying to justify the park searches. To be honest I'm completely at a loss with this case so just throwing any ideas out there.

Did Police ever visit his workplace or strike that off the list at all? I don't recall hearing anything from any of his workmates, his boss or the Police about his work?

He worked in a meat factory?

Not significant in a missing person case? At all?

Did ANYTHING lead off in that direction?

I’d heard his boss at the factory had said he was a good worker and a family man and didn’t seem like the type to do anything like this.

Yeah in your second video going up and down Haworth Street I see 2 silver/light coloured cars the first of which is 100% a 2004-2009 Astra. The second one too but there is something I can't put my finger on making me wonder about that so will say 95% an Astra. I would love to hear hitthenick's opinion.

Given the time of your video (23:30) I would think those cars parked up are virtually all resident vehicles?

Here are the timestamps from your video:

1st car 2:45 & 3:44 (100% Astra)
2nd car 2:54 & 3:36 (95% Astra)
Can we have a link to the video please.

Apologies if this has been addressed and I missed it - was the dug up ground by the wind turbine which was found by one of the forum users (sorry can’t remember who) ever investigated further or reported to 101? It would be interesting to see if police acted on this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong