IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember JS left his apartment just after midnight and we do not know his wearabouts prior to Subway.

If the brothers neither beat him up or filed a false report there is nothing CDP can charge them for.

I think the brothers gave CPD the low down on what really happened that night thus they were released and JS has lawyered up!

Snipped for focus.

I don't think it's fact that he left "just after midnight." He left sometime after midnight, and 2AM is sometime after midnight.....

Even if the brothers did beat him up, I don't think it's a crime if the receiver of the beating literally asked them to do it, maybe even paid them to do it. If it was, BDSM would be a crime.

Snipped for focus.

I don't think it's fact that he left "just after midnight." He left sometime after midnight, and 2AM is sometime after midnight.....

Even if the brothers did beat him up, I don't think it's a crime if the receiver of the beating literally asked them to do it, maybe even paid them to do it. If it was, BDSM would be a crime.
I used reference from post #264, People Magizne article.

So police are 100% its the brothers in the photo and Jussie was 100% that it was the people in the photo who attacked him when he was interviewed on ABC a few days ago. From the statement their Lawyer gave its pretty clear her clients had useful information for LE and also that Jussie was implicated, at the end she says “I’m not part of Jussie’s defense.”

I don't imagine much will happen over the weekend especially after the Aurora shooting yesterday but its also interesting that the main spokesperson is now calling it the "Empire case" Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter

If they were completely innocent after being arrested and so publicly named, LE would have said or very strongly implied that they weren't involved in any way.

Beating someone up because they asked you to is not a crime. So, "involved in any way" isn't 100% the way to say it, but were they involved to a point that it was criminal? I highly doubt it.

I love being a websleuther, but after following so many, many cases, I've mostly take a position of simply waiting it out for verified information/facts. This case is one that clearly demonstrates you can't believe most of what is is written or heard upfront. So many twists and turns, and if I stepped away for a few hours/days, I came back to learn something else was discovered. What might have been seen as so clear is now in question. I don't know what really happened in those early hours, but I hope the true facts will be made known very soon.

Last edited:
Beating someone up because they asked you to is not a crime. So, "involved in any way" isn't 100% the way to say it, but were they involved to a point that it was criminal? I highly doubt it.

Its a crime if they knew or had reason to suspect that he intended to file a false police report or when they heard the news of what he said they didn't contact the authorities. They would probably be charged with conspiracy to file a false report.

So police are 100% its the brothers in the photo and Jussie was 100% that it was the people in the photo who attacked him when he was interviewed on ABC a few days ago. From the statement their Lawyer gave its pretty clear her clients had useful information for LE and also that Jussie was implicated, at the end she says “I’m not part of Jussie’s defense.”

I don't imagine much will happen over the weekend especially after the Aurora shooting yesterday but its also interesting that the main spokesperson is now calling it the "Empire case" Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter
Yes I found the whole use of "Empire Case" somewhat telling as well. Think I've heard that a couple times now from CPD spokesperson.

Serious question: Are we to believe that Jussie spent 60 seconds (which is actually a long time if you’re getting a beat down) with these two massive and strong dudes, and he got a scratch and a rope placed loosely around his neck? He single handedly fought off these huge guys? Wow.
Maybe he beat them with a footlong. LOL

Yes I found the whole use of "Empire Case" somewhat telling as well. Think I've heard that a couple times now from CPD spokesperson.

I am absolutely amazed by Mr. Smollett's ability to carry on, he had a show in California about a week after the attack, and was able to perform before a completely sold out audience. He also managed several interviews prior to this show, to show how he was able to stand up to this attack. Somehow, he connected this to politics. Which puzzles me. Get attacked by some people in Chicago, and it is a huge national political crisis?

In all of the interviews he gave, he never mentioned whether or not his wallet was stolen...folks went to a lot of risk to attack this guy, and they didn't even steal a few bucks? Or his sandwich? The criminals in Chicago are really slacking.

He must have been too fast, and in shape. He didn't even get a black eye.

I don't remember seeing it posted or anything in MSM but were any doctor records released about JS injuries?

He claimed to have rope burns on his neck. He also claimed to have fought off the attackers. Did the doctors note any defensive wounds on JS such as swollen or skuffed up knuckles?

I suppose only JS can make the doctors report public due to HIPA laws, would that be right?

Its a crime if they knew or had reason to suspect that he intended to file a false police report or when they heard the news of what he said they didn't contact the authorities. They would probably be charged with conspiracy to file a false report.
I don't think it's a crime for them not to report what they knew. One might question the moral obligation but there's no legal duty to be a Good Samaritan. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd