Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much to report back, I'm afraid. Not only are there disclosures about specifics, but the cold just got too much for me and I had to go hang out at a friend's house in Paint Lick. Still...

When the search started this morning, it was super cold. Also a difficult drive to Lancaster because the roads were icy and some hadn't been cleared off yet. There weren't many there when the search first started. I've seen searchers with a lot more people. I was disappointed at first, but it got better. A lot more people started trickling in. For some, this was the first time they'd participated in a search. ATVs weren't allowed because of the ground and safety hazards. People signed disclosures and instructions were given out. It started at the church, but some left and were sent to a different area. I don't know where that was since those instructions were given privately. Cell phone pings were talked about and we were told that's one of the reasons why we were starting where we were. It wasn't a random starting point, though the church did give a good central meeting point (and place to park). We could leave nothing behind. If you smoked, you needed to hold onto your butts and not throw them down. Don't spit out any chewing gum. Don't litter at ALL. It was VERY difficult walking over the ground at first. There wasn't a lot of snow, maybe just an inch or so, but the ground was slick. Even in snow boots I was sliding all over the place. The walking was extremely slow going. We had to kind of stay together. If anyone found anything, they had to signal one of the admin over. We were told that nothing should be considered insignificant. Things to look for included clothing, jewelry, accessories and, as one person put it, "human biological matter." (Male or female for all.) While it wasn't right out said, this was conveyed as a recovery search.

I lasted for an hour. It started warming up but I couldn't stay out any longer. I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sometimes the cold just seeps right inside. My husband stayed, though. He said that as the morning wore on and the ground softened and temperature rose, more people showed up. Some had trouble getting out of their driveways this morning so that delayed quite a few. (We did as well. The roads around my house weren't cleared until you got into town.) When he left there were still people looking. That was at about 2:30. They will most likely stay until dark. He would've stayed, too, but he's been out on one search or another almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only 3 days off. He's starting to get sick.

Seems like people did have a few discoveries here and there, but nothing that had anyone getting really excited. :-( That doesn't mean that nothing of significance was found, though. I don't know about the ones who were on a different grid. Once they left, I didn't see them again.

Oh,and for those who asked...yes, the shoulder of the road was checked. Ravines, culverts, etc.

I have heard that other, smaller and private, search groups have been out as well. Those weren't affiliated with the state or Texas Equusearch so I can't comment on those. I don't know anything about them.

There was talk about trying to organize another one tomorrow since the weather got people off to a rough start today. There was confusion over whether they were still having it today. Maybe some didn't come because they thought it was going to be called off. (I thought it might be, myself, since there was a pretty good layer of snow on the ground around 4am.) They may have another one to try to get the ATVs out.

Sorry I don't have anything else to report. :-( I know this doesn't answer many questions. It might help give you an idea of what the day was like, though. Those who were there were passionate about what they were doing. Everyone appeared to be taking it very seriously.

IMO, more local businesses and civic groups should get involved with this. Volunteers of all kinds are needed in this kind of situation, MOO. Not just people literally walking the ground. Those providing snacks, drinks, hand warmers,etc. In some ways, they're just as important. Oh, yes, and bathrooms were provided. The church did a GREAT job.

Thank You! You are awesome!

One question I have...would they give custody of the children to the dad if there was an EPO out on him?

The epo was on the oldest child’s dad. There are a few different options you have in regards to EPO’s. You can request one to cover you and your child, or just yourself. You can choose between 2 years or 5 years until it expires. You can also choose if you want no contact at all or you can choose to have no unlawful contact. Also, epo is just the temporary order so I’m not sure if she ended up continuing with the court process and having a DVO granted.

If she qualified for medicaid there would be no reason to not have an ultrasound. I don't always trust information from a friend who heard it from a friend. Is it possible they meant she was shocked and freaked out after an ultrasound that revealed twins? I had an ultrasound at 7 or 8 weeks. I had another one at about 20 weeks along. I don't know if a baby can hide from an ultrasound? It seemed like her family cared about her and were aware she was pregnant. She had the baby at a hospital if you are hiding something you would probably try a home birth. Unless she saw her doctor but never got an ultrasound. My obgyn didn't do ultrasounds in there office you usually had to go to a hospital. That just sounds weird.

I’m kind of wondering if maybe something was misinterpreted as well. Most likely, she probably would’ve still had Medicaid or passport from previous pregnancies. The state actually does a good job with providing insurance for mothers and they make the process fairly simple. I hate the daily mail lol

I’m kind of wondering if maybe something was misinterpreted as well. Most likely, she probably would’ve still had Medicaid or passport from previous pregnancies. The state actually does a good job with providing insurance for mothers and they make the process fairly simple. I hate the daily mail lol

Yeah, here in KY just about every pregnant woman can qualify for Medicaid. I think the income cap is something like $45,000. I was on it for my second one. If you don't already have a plan then you're almost guaranteed to get accepted.

Yeah, here in KY just about every pregnant woman can qualify for Medicaid. I think the income cap is something like $45,000. I was on it for my second one. If you don't already have a plan then you're almost guaranteed to get accepted.

Yeh and it’s really simple as far as making the appt and getting the paperwork together.

One question I have...would they give custody of the children to the dad if there was an EPO out on him?
Doubtful. Although it is certain we will never know the details of what occurred at the hospital that ended with the babies being placed with their dad, if there was any verifiable proof of domestic violence they would have been placed with a family member before they were placed in foster care.

There are 4 OBGYNs in Richmond and all of them offer in-office ultrasounds. She wouldn't have had to go to Patty A Clay for one. It's possible that she missed appointments. Right now I am just taking that interview with a grain of salt.
I hadn’t considered a birth in Richmond! I have a niece who lives in Richmond but she delivered her baby last week in Lexington.
I’m not holding much faith in the Daily Mail and I don’t for one second believe that she didn’t know she was pregnant with twins. How many deliveries does Patty Clay do in a day’s time? Most women I know would choose and prefer to deliver in Lexington where NICU is readily available? Especially for a delivery of multiples! My last child was delivered in Frankfort and my doctor immediately explained to me that the helicopter ride to UK would be quicker than roadside travel from St Joe East on Richmond Road from Versailles.

Edit to add that I jumped to the conclusion that SS delivered the twins in Richmond. I’m watching the Cats game and shuffling between this and the McStay thread. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reminder:

Sleuthing family members is not allowed. Such posts will be removed and members face temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges for doing so.

ETA: It has been brought to my attention that reference to the EPO info was in fact in MSM so that is fine to discuss the EPO. Just don't take it further into sleuthing beyond what is stated in MSM or discussing minor children.

Last edited:
I hadn’t considered a birth in Richmond! I have a niece who lives in Richmond but she delivered her baby last week in Lexington.
I’m not holding much faith in the Daily Mail and I don’t for one second believe that she didn’t know she was pregnant with twins. How many deliveries does Patty Clay do in a day’s time? Most women I know would choose and prefer to deliver in Lexington where NICU is readily available? Especially for a delivery of multiples! My last child was delivered in Frankfort and my doctor immediately explained to me that the helicopter ride to UK would be quicker than roadside travel from St Joe East on Richmond Road from Versailles.

Edit to add that I jumped to the conclusion that SS delivered the twins in Richmond. I’m watching the Cats game and shuffling between this and the McStay thread. Sorry!

I had a baby at Patty A Clay. Most of my friends did as well. The OBGYNs in Richmond (Dr. Land, Dr. Collier, etc.) all deliver at PAC. Some do not even have delivery permissions in Lexington. (Dr. Smith used to deliver at St. Joseph, but only because he lived in Lex. The rest did not.) They deliver around 2-3 babies at PAC every day. They have a VERY good maternity ward. However, they do NOT have a Nicu. If her twins were early, or they suspected problems, then they'd have gone to UK. Most of the pregnant women in Richmond that I know prefer PAC because A) it's connected to the Richmond Women's Healthcare office and B) it's not as far of a drive. If Savannah didn't know that she was having multiples, then it makes sense that she wouldn't have thought to go to Lex.

I know that Lexington hospitals have the reputation of being the very best, but Richmond's hospital is no slouch. They have up-to-date equipment, wonderful midwives and nurses on the maternity floor, and are not wanting for patients. Women from surrounding counties, including Estill and Garrard, often go there for their deliveries and prenatal care.

I don't have much to report back, I'm afraid. Not only are there disclosures about specifics, but the cold just got too much for me and I had to go hang out at a friend's house in Paint Lick. Still...

When the search started this morning, it was super cold. Also a difficult drive to Lancaster because the roads were icy and some hadn't been cleared off yet. There weren't many there when the search first started. I've seen searchers with a lot more people. I was disappointed at first, but it got better. A lot more people started trickling in. For some, this was the first time they'd participated in a search. ATVs weren't allowed because of the ground and safety hazards. People signed disclosures and instructions were given out. It started at the church, but some left and were sent to a different area. I don't know where that was since those instructions were given privately. Cell phone pings were talked about and we were told that's one of the reasons why we were starting where we were. It wasn't a random starting point, though the church did give a good central meeting point (and place to park). We could leave nothing behind. If you smoked, you needed to hold onto your butts and not throw them down. Don't spit out any chewing gum. Don't litter at ALL. It was VERY difficult walking over the ground at first. There wasn't a lot of snow, maybe just an inch or so, but the ground was slick. Even in snow boots I was sliding all over the place. The walking was extremely slow going. We had to kind of stay together. If anyone found anything, they had to signal one of the admin over. We were told that nothing should be considered insignificant. Things to look for included clothing, jewelry, accessories and, as one person put it, "human biological matter." (Male or female for all.) While it wasn't right out said, this was conveyed as a recovery search.

I lasted for an hour. It started warming up but I couldn't stay out any longer. I have Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sometimes the cold just seeps right inside. My husband stayed, though. He said that as the morning wore on and the ground softened and temperature rose, more people showed up. Some had trouble getting out of their driveways this morning so that delayed quite a few. (We did as well. The roads around my house weren't cleared until you got into town.) When he left there were still people looking. That was at about 2:30. They will most likely stay until dark. He would've stayed, too, but he's been out on one search or another almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only 3 days off. He's starting to get sick.

Seems like people did have a few discoveries here and there, but nothing that had anyone getting really excited. :-( That doesn't mean that nothing of significance was found, though. I don't know about the ones who were on a different grid. Once they left, I didn't see them again.

Oh,and for those who asked...yes, the shoulder of the road was checked. Ravines, culverts, etc.

I have heard that other, smaller and private, search groups have been out as well. Those weren't affiliated with the state or Texas Equusearch so I can't comment on those. I don't know anything about them.

There was talk about trying to organize another one tomorrow since the weather got people off to a rough start today. There was confusion over whether they were still having it today. Maybe some didn't come because they thought it was going to be called off. (I thought it might be, myself, since there was a pretty good layer of snow on the ground around 4am.) They may have another one to try to get the ATVs out.

Sorry I don't have anything else to report. :-( I know this doesn't answer many questions. It might help give you an idea of what the day was like, though. Those who were there were passionate about what they were doing. Everyone appeared to be taking it very seriously.

IMO, more local businesses and civic groups should get involved with this. Volunteers of all kinds are needed in this kind of situation, MOO. Not just people literally walking the ground. Those providing snacks, drinks, hand warmers,etc. In some ways, they're just as important. Oh, yes, and bathrooms were provided. The church did a GREAT job.
Thanks for helping out Mtnlites. It always warms my heart when our own WS members feel inclined to reach out and help the victims we read about and study.

Thanks for helping out Mtnlites. It always warms my heart when our own WS members feel inclined to reach out and help the victims we read about and study.

I really don't want to see this go the same way that Brookelyn Farthing's has gone. I've kicked myself for not getting more involved with her case. When something like this happens in your backyard, I think you should step up and try to do what you can. If this was my kid, I'd want everyone in the state out doing something-whether it was realistic or not. ;)

Earlier in the week, radar put out an article about clothes being found and sent in to the lab. They quoted the SAR commander as the source. The SAR team and Commander ended up refuting what was said in the radar article and said that he had never spoke with them. I’ve included a ss. Later that day, Daily Mail started circulating the same information as radar, and I’m assuming it was bc radar had initially put it out there.
Thanks for letting me know. I agree the DM is a double edged sword. They do seem to get info. sooner, mainly for advertising for payment of this info. They also over sensationalize like crazy. But if this is true, it makes me even sadder. I don't believe dear SS is going to coming home alive.

JMO

I read this on SS's twitter when she first went missing and wonder what she meant by it. I checked TOS to make sure it's okay to put these comments and it's within our guidelines.

On Dec. 10, 2018, she wrote, "Lord, pray for me, *advertiser censored* could get really ugly."

The next day she wrote, "Sooo tired but can't sleep."

It sounds like she was very stressed out around the time of the twins' birth.

Texas Equusearch Ohio / Midwest Chapter

Savannah Spurlock search update. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the community that came out to help in our search today for Savannah. Unfortunately we did not locate her, but we will discuss with law enforcement and make a decision regarding any further searches. We will not be having a search tomorrow Sunday for Savannah.

Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. And watch our Facebook page for further updates.

Thank you for your support

It isn't just the Daily Mail reporter, there's also a video of her friend saying the same.

Best friend of missing Savannah Spurlock reveals the mom was left alone after arguing with a friend | Daily Mail Online

Yeh there really wasn’t anything new that her friend said to the daily mail. She’s the first to talk about SS not realizing she was having twins and she also touched very little on the custody of them.
Otherwise, every thing else that her friend said to the DM had already been said.
The parts that start with “the DM has learned...” are bits and pieces from other articles or things I’ve seen circulating on SM.

Not really replying to any specific comment but I believe the article about finding some clothing or something similar it jives with police looking out for the other specific items. I want to know if the mom was 100% sure it was SS on facetime. This would make me more comfortable about thinking someone harmed her at the bar and impersonated SS to throw off the crime scene and change the story line. Most guys at bars are looking for a hookup and several would take a girl home. This is not probable but if a friend killed her on purpose or on accident in the restroom of the bar, stripped her and tossed the body in a dumpster then wore her outfit and went home with men, as another friend followed and picked her up. Then they even could drop some evidence in that area. This is only plausible if it was not SS in those surveillance pics or on FaceTime. Otherwise, someones named SS was arrested sometime in DEC. Was this before or after the births? Anyone know what the arrest was for. Would it be a reason for her to disappear? Sorry again for the alternative possibilities. Just being devil's advocate. I don't really think the imposter thing happened but people can be capable of some strange things.

Well that's that. Glad they came but looking at that snow on the ground they could have walked over anything but a body!
Where are you Savannah?
I'd love to see Toney and the Cajuns return after the weather warms again. His heart was truly into finding Savannah!
I would love to see all the locals raise some funds for him to return! Bake sales, dinners, 50/50 raffles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288