Resolved OH - Mary Jane Croft VanGilder, 43, Plymouth, 1945

Yep this is a very sad case but I can still be resolved!

I came across this unidentified woman a while ago.. she was published in the Sherriffs Star Florida 1961 March issue.. I don't know if she was ever identified.. but I thought she had a resemblance to Mary so I thought I would post it. I don't know how to do a side by side. The stats seem to fit.

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_5,_NO_1,_MARCH_1961.pdf
This is Mary and on the link and below I uploaded the article with the woman's image.

Original

Original

Original

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 55

Attachments

• Mrs X - Mildred Neill.JPG
    Mrs X - Mildred Neill.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Mrs X - Mildred Neill killer.JPG
    Mrs X - Mildred Neill killer.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 31
I'm purely speculating here...I'm wondering if Mary Jane is being compared with UP2304. This guess is based on observations I've made about the timing between her case being entered on 8/30 and the UP2304 case being updated on 9/17 and 10/31. All parameters would match up and the pictures do look similar. But again, it's just a guess.
was she ever compared to this jane doe?

was she ever compared to this jane doe?
According to the rule out list on Namus, Mary has been compared to 5 UIDs and none of the were UP2304. It’s entirely possible that she could be this UID but I’m not sure.

According to the rule out list on Namus, Mary has been compared to 5 UIDs and none of the were UP2304. It’s entirely possible that she could be this UID but I’m not sure.
Yes I was wondering and I was also looking if this UID had a thread too but if she does I can't find it.

Well that threw me for a minute till I realized she was identified, very frustrating.. I wonder if we will ever find her

This is probably a stupid idea but I'll post it anyways.

I wonder if war bonds were connected to the persons name that purchased them? Would there have been some sort of record if someone cashed their bonds in or could anyone cash them in if they had possession of them?

Yes anyone could cash them, I know this because my aunt had 1 left over, and she saved it for many years, but finally cashed it.

Didn't mean to repost that, my apologies. Any help is appreciated. We continue to hit dead ends. I just want to know what happened to my grandmother. If she started a new life or fell victim to foul play.
It's extremely unlikely that she started a new life. I believe that your grandfather most likely murdered her because she wouldn't come back to him. How many miles was it from his home in W.Va. to her home in Ohio?

Is there a way to make these posts flag under just mary jane croft to...I'm just wanting to try new Avenues. It gets so frustrating. I'm starting to think we will never find out what happened or where she went.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back