Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bless his mum. Very sad , cant imagine how hard it was for her. The never knowing would be the hardest. Really hope this doesnt happen for libby's family. Hope it didn't come across like I was criticising anybody's family. I should have said that frustration at lack of searches has been raised here recently, i was thinking if it was the case I'm sure Libbys family would be kicking up a fuss and organising searches themselves. This makes me think that other searches are happening or leads being followed. I really hope so anyway.

Completely agree. I think things are going on behind the scenes/ away from the public eye - as the police said in the latest press conference and I think there is a good chance this involves internet/ phone activity, which is why we aren’t seeing it.

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the feedback from my earlier post. I know it was a good help to myself and others from what I’ve caught up on, but I do respect those who think differently too.

I did look for the CCTV on Haworth Street. But obviously I didn’t want to hang around too long in the street! Alas I couldn’t pick it out, but I suppose that’s a good thing for catching people unawares.

I think we all mean well and want to do good on here, it’s a great team to be a part of. Libby is a similar age to myself and I just can’t imagine not finding an answer to where she is.

Yep, I've been saying this from the very beginning. Exactly this. To me its the simplest.
Two people on here have shared info about the psychology of flashers and they don't tend to escalate to worse crimes.
Yeh it does seem a leap to go from flasher to murderer and maybe PR didnt pick Libby up with the premeditated intention of murdering her.
Either he tried it on and she screamed and ran and came to a sticky end , or he sexually assaulted her and then out of self preservation instinct tried to cover it up and disposed of the evidence.
The recent police statement said that in no way should the reduction in visible search activity be taken as police interest in the case dropping off and while that is reassuring memories of past police incompetence (like Tia Sharp) do linger.
Have they police sent dogs in to search croda for a body ?
Big pressure on the police , we are all relying on you !

A long time ago... someone asked if the pond freezes/was frozen that night?

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a picture from early in the search. It's easy to forget it was icy with a dusting of snow that night.

Thanks strontium - dyu know what date that pic of the iced over lake was taken.
The link includes a pic of what looks like the croda fence so they have at least searched the park side of the fence , while private businesses are usually pretty on point with securing their boundaries i wonder what that boundary is like , if there are any gaps or suchlike that someone could get through. That imho would be an ideal place to stash a body.

Attachments

• 0_libby.jpg
    0_libby.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 15
Am I right in assuming that positive identification by a witness is not enough to charge someone with voyeurism? Did someone post an article about this a while back that I can’t find now?

To go back to basics and facts. P has been charged with voyeurism, outraging public decency, theft. And he hasn’t admitted to a single charge. With that in mind, I find it very difficult to believe that he would admit to being in the park with Libby that night or that there is any reason why he would specifically single out a bench for the police.

Also, I have seen photographs in MSN of the police searching 2 separate park areas. Both near a playground/skate park/ pond and both flanked by benches.

Benches. There’s a lot of them in this story. Coincidence? And the voyeurism - how is that being proved beyond eyewitness statements? I don’t believe P is talking at all to police if he is denying charges of sexual indecency let alone abduction accusations. This leads me to wonder if it is possible that he has been videoing his crimes and this is what has led police to convict him post house raid. Maybe they have seem a video of something happening on a bench in a dark park, but they aren’t sure which one it is. Who knows. But I feel sure that whatever led them to forensically examine the benches, it was not P who pointed them in that direction. Just my opinion...

Edit: I am no legal expert, but to me this suggests that for a voyeurism
charge, there needs to be a recording. https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/the-sex-crime-of-voyeurism-23535

So what else has he recorded and on what? Did he record something in the park and upload a clip, police are searching for phone for full version to prove location and people involved? Mind boggles, but I feel that there must be an camera or some sort of electronic recording to lead police to be searching every day in the park and I can’t imagine CCTV would pinpoint a bench.

He could well have been filming stuff but I think with the voyeur incident he was witnessed by 3 people, ( if it was the incident where one witness did a drawing) that would be strong evidence. I don't think there's anything excluding witness testimony in law for voyuerism.
With the burglary charge someone may have witnessed him too and/or he had the women's knickers, which were found. He may be denying the voyeur charge and his defence is mistaken identity. For the burglary maybe he's claiming he bought the stuff and this claim is prior to any DNA tests on the items. I would think his plea might change if police produce dna evidence.

I'm still leaning towards PR not harming her.

<modsnip: not in MSM>

I think he did give her a lift back to her place and then tried to come onto her but she screamed and got out of the car and he left. I've read elsewhere there's allegedly CCTV of him dropping her off.

He wouldn't have gone to the police and admitted this when he saw reports of her missing because they already had his DNA from the break-ins and knew he'd be recognised by his flasher victims if his photo was released..combined with him possibly being the last person to see her alive it makes him the perfect suspect to be arrested.

They haven't been able to charge him with anything related to Libby despite extending his questioning which is quite telling. This suggests to me there's CCTV and other evidence we don't know of which excludes him from the suspicion of having harmed her/abducted her.

I think the police have no hard evidence to be at the Oak playing fields and that's why they're not cordoning off the park/scouring every square inch etc.. I just think they're going on the theory that she might have ran there/wandered off there because it's a large expanse of land close to where she lives and has a river running through it. It's become quite a common thing for drunk people to end up in rivers here in the UK after a night out unfortunately.

Personally I believe she was dropped off by PR then either ran off because she was scared about him coming onto her, or she tried to find a place to pee/keep warm/stay safe which led her to one of the many alleyways in the area and either self harmed or succumbed to hypothermia.

Sadly I think police are just biding their time and waiting for someone to call them to say 'I've found a body in my shed/outbuilding/garage'.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: referenced material has been removed as non-MSM>

I really don't understand people saying the suspect is 'just a flasher'. We know he's escalated into sexually motivated burglary (even though police are not discussing all details). So he is no longer (if guilty) 'just a flasher'.
We know that burglary has a strong link to rape as these crimes are about power and control. The chances of him being near Libby at the time she went missing for innocent reasons are extremely slim imo.

While I doubt PR meant her any good, I am not sure he would have intended murder...although if rape happened, far too many such criminals take the ultimate step for their own protection. Two selfish, cowardly brutal acts rather than one...both horrifying but at least if these deviants would leave the victims alive, there would be a chance they could recover...jmo

I really don't understand people saying the suspect is 'just a flasher'. We know he's escalated into sexually motivated burglary (even though police are not discussing all details). So he is no longer (if guilty) 'just a flasher'.
We know that burglary has a strong link to rape as these crimes are about power and control. The chances of him being near Libby at the time she went missing for innocent reasons are extremely slim imo.

Completely agree with this.

He is the unluckiest penis flashing,vibrator stealing guy in the world if he got embroiled in this by giving her a lift home out of the goodness of his heart.

If he meant her to get home safe she would be home safe.

If the police had nothing on him regarding abduction they wouldn't have held him for 90+ hours on abduction charges...obviously they havnt at this point got enough to charge him doesn't mean they have nothing.

I will be completely surprised if they say he had nothing to do with it.

Can local people form a massive group to walk the park now or do you have to have police permission?
This would be a good idea a corner to corner search think everyone in or around the outside of hull should get together search every bit I mean the people of hull sound lovely and already have been so supportive to her family n the search

He could well have been filming stuff but I think with the voyeur incident he was witnessed by 3 people, ( if it was the incident where one witness did a drawing) that would be strong evidence. I don't think there's anything excluding witness testimony in law for voyuerism.
With the burglary charge someone may have witnessed him too and/or he had the women's knickers, which were found. He may be denying the voyeur charge and his defence is mistaken identity. For the burglary maybe he's claiming he bought the stuff and this claim is prior to any DNA tests on the items. I would think his plea might change if police produce dna evidence.
Im not sure that the charges included the 3 person/quick sketch incident? Seem to recall it being reported as taking place on Ella Street and dont think that that was named in the charge list. Will double check it Armchair

Edit to add:Women traumatised by creepy flasher outside home release 'E-fit'

And:

Between December 7 and December 10, 2017, he allegedly entered a property in Raglan Street and stole three vibrators ·

Between December 1 and December 4, 2017, in Hull, namely Lambton Street, he entered as a trespasser and stole a PlayStation 4 console, a controller and £25 in cash
On January 23, 2018, in Edgecumbe Street he observed another person doing a private act knowing that person did not consent to being observed for your sexual gratification ·
On January 19, 2019, in a public place namely Wellesley Avenue, he committed an act outraging public decency by behaving in an indecent manner by performing a sex act in a public place
· Between January 25 and January 28, 2019, he entered as a trespasser in Ventnor Street and stole a computer laptop, a Kindle, a speaker, a quantity of sex toys, condoms, knickers and photographs

Last edited:

You are right. If you believe that Libby got into PR’s car, and that PR is guilty of the sex crimes he has been charged with, then by far the most logical view to take is that Libby came to harm at PR’s hands. Any other conclusion is willfully illogical. Like you, I wonder why some people are so desperate to exonerate PR - it’s really odd.

A long time ago... someone asked if the pond freezes/was frozen that night?

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a picture from early in the search. It's easy to forget it was icy with a dusting of snow that night.

looking at this picture it's easy to see how you could fall/run into that water if it was dark.

looking at this picture it's easy to see how you could fall/run into that water if it was dark.
If she was in the lake, they’d have found her by now. If she went into the river, it’s also very likely that her body would have been found. As a Hull local (whose father worked for the police and has knowledge of such matters) posted the other day, the River Hull is very muddy and meandering - it would be extremely difficult for somebody to go into the river as far up as the park and not be found on a bank or tangled up in weeds.

Everything that we know police believe P. is involved in has been for either sexual gratification or monetary gain. Where does Libby fit into this? If she was in his car, it wasn’t out of the goodness of his heart, I feel sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288