UK UK - Three dead, arrest made in Exeter in suspected serial killing spree

From devon live november 2017:

Alexander Lewis-Ranwell, 26, of Peards Down Close, Barnstaple, charged with two counts of resisting a constable in the execution of their duty, (guilty to both). He was given a 12 month conditional discharge for each offence and told to pay £50 compensation in one case and £56 compensation in the other.

First court appearance. I was expecting the GBH charges to relate to the murder victims, but they're not:

A 27-year-old ex-public schoolboy has appeared in court charged with the murder of three elderly men in Exeter.

Alex Lewis-Ranwell, of Croyde in Braunton, appeared before magistrates in Exeter on Saturday morning (February 16).

The defendant was charged with the murder of Roger and Richard Carter, both aged 84, at their house in Cowick Lane between February 10 and 12.

He was also accused of killing Anthony Payne, 80, at his home on Bonhay Road between the same dates.

All three suffered head injuries.

He also faces two charges of causing GBH with intent. One relates to an incident in Goodleigh, Barnstaple, on February 9 on John Ellis. The second relates to an incident in Exeter on February 11 on Stasys Belevicius.

Lewis-Ranwell appeared in the dock flanked by police officers and custody guards. He was dressed in a grey jumper and grey jogging bottoms.

He was not required to enter pleas during the short hearing and refused to confirm his personal details when asked to by the court clerk. Magistrates remanded the defendant in custody and sent the case to Exeter Crown Court.

Man accused of Exeter triple murder appears in court

Sounds like he has snapped in a pretty spectacular manner!

Surely no logic at play here?

Just a random senseless rampage?

May be nothing but this guy seems like a hippie/surfer dude type?

A Richard Carter from barnstaple was very big in the surfing world in the 1980s

"Dick carter" is listed as one of the victims here

Like i said...maybe nothing!

May be nothing but this guy seems like a hippie/surfer dude type?

A Richard Carter from barnstaple was very big in the surfing world in the 1980s

"Dick carter" is listed as one of the victims here

Like i said...maybe nothing!

Ooh, interesting. I like your thinking, because there HAS to be a connection somewhere, somehow. Our Richard Carter is maybe too old though? In the 80s he would have been middle aged already?

But... could it be a relative?

I just believe it's a senseless rampage. Can you senselessly rampage and just happen to kill only octogenarian men?? Who were all inside their houses at the time?

He has 1 Payne and 4 Carters on his friends list.

Did you find those Dognapping references Cagney? Weird, no?

Does the nature of that particular relationship suggest a propensity towards targeting and exploiting vulnerable people?

For example, not being specific, but much older, widowed women (perhaps with money?) or elderly bachelors (also possibly with money?). Could this have been a long game con gone wrong?

'He's had a few upsets with the accommodation he was in. And certainly nobody needs that, at anytime, let alone at eighty one or eighty, what he was, but we were getting that resolved, yeah and that was it.'

Interview with Keith Baker (from video), who according to earlier reports is the one Anthony Payne was staying with, who dialled 999 when he didn't return.

Thoughts after reading this article:

1. it had been my assumption that Anthony and Keith were partners in private. I don't think this now, having watched this video. Seems like they didn't know each other that well.

2. Keith waited quite a long time to alert the ambulance, given that Anthony is 80 and was expected home on Sunday evening.

I would have thought you'd check it out if he wasn't home by bedtime. JMO, and maybe that's patronising to old people.

Man, 27, appears in court charged with three murders

Ok guys.....i do have some info to add to this one but i am unsure what can be shared here?

What i have is not from msm and i know that it cannot be posted here...but surely there must be some way that i can inform you that this chap has been sectioned on several occasions the most recent not long before the arrest referenced above.

Any advice on how i can convey this info without getting myself put onto the naughty step?

Ok guys.....i do have some info to add to this one but i am unsure what can be shared here?

What i have is not from msm and i know that it cannot be posted here...but surely there must be some way that i can inform you that this chap has been sectioned on several occasions the most recent not long before the arrest referenced above.

Any advice on how i can convey this info without getting myself put onto the naughty step?
I think you are allowed to allude to where you found the information online.

Eg 'go to this page and look at paragraph x'

If you go to the social media account of said chap, and have enough time/morbid curiosity to get back as far as 2016, you would see messages from his hospital bed.
There also may be some clues to the identity of his former girlfriend (40 years his elder)
There may well also be a rather strangely threatening message there ..directed at our guy!
Threat speaks of an african curse being inflicted upon him and his parents....,,stranger still - i am not sure that the senďer of that message is even a real person!!

Looking like another of those cases so loved by the press..,,,so they can wheel out the headlines about failing mental health services allowing dangerous people to be on the loose.

However this is all conjecture and is in no way to be interpreted as rumour or speculation (or anything else not permitted here) :)

Post brexit britain?

File that in the same category as flying pigs,pixies at the bottom of the garden and "the big society".....

Does not exist now and as long as the elite are holding the steering wheel...it never will.

I said on the day of the vote that it would not be allowed to happen...and have seen nothing to change my mind

If you go to the social media account of said chap, and have enough time/morbid curiosity to get back as far as 2016, you would see messages from his hospital bed.
There also may be some clues to the identity of his former girlfriend (40 years his elder)
There may well also be a rather strangely threatening message there ..directed at our guy!
Threat speaks of an african curse being inflicted upon him and his parents....,,stranger still - i am not sure that the senďer of that message is even a real person!!

Looking like another of those cases so loved by the press..,,,so they can wheel out the headlines about failing mental health services allowing dangerous people to be on the loose.

However this is all conjecture and is in no way to be interpreted as rumour or speculation (or anything else not permitted here) :)

Can you link?

AL-R's general demeanour screams mental health issues to me.

We are allowed to link and freely discuss the arrested's sm accounts :)

Ah!.....tyvm for the clarification......now i just need to learn how to paste a link!

The daily challenges of a technophobe :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back