Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #7 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure that the charges included the 3 person/quick sketch incident? Seem to recall it being reported as taking place on Ella Street and dont think that that was named in the charge list. Will double check it Armchair

Edit to add:Women traumatised by creepy flasher outside home release 'E-fit'

And:

Between December 7 and December 10, 2017, he allegedly entered a property in Raglan Street and stole three vibrators ·

Between December 1 and December 4, 2017, in Hull, namely Lambton Street, he entered as a trespasser and stole a PlayStation 4 console, a controller and £25 in cash
On January 23, 2018, in Edgecumbe Street he observed another person doing a private act knowing that person did not consent to being observed for your sexual gratification ·
On January 19, 2019, in a public place namely Wellesley Avenue, he committed an act outraging public decency by behaving in an indecent manner by performing a sex act in a public place
· Between January 25 and January 28, 2019, he entered as a trespasser in Ventnor Street and stole a computer laptop, a Kindle, a speaker, a quantity of sex toys, condoms, knickers and photographs
Two things have occurred to me reading the charges again:
1. The first item he stole was in the run up to Christmas (play station) wouldn’t surprise me if it was new in the box. Does this suggest his initial motives for burglary was financial (steal items he knew he could flog before Christmas?) and then he got a thrill from finding more intimate objects?
2. Two of the burglaries are between dates suggesting the home owners were away for a few days and therefore PR must have kept an idea of the addresses and figures out they were away. This could suggest he does often go out and surveils houses which might have lights out etc in which case sitting in that road/ nearby roads for 20 minutes might be part of a regular routine for him?

Am I allowed to post the link to an unrelated incident/person reported on Humberside police site. It's a wild card?

Just driven past Clough Rd police station (10 minutes ago) and there is a lot of activity with about 8 police cars, large van and dog handlers with dogs. News vans in police car park. Could be unrelated but there is a bunch of activity.

If she was in the lake, they’d have found her by now. If she went into the river, it’s also very likely that her body would have been found. As a Hull local (whose father worked for the police and has knowledge of such matters) posted the other day, the River Hull is very muddy and meandering - it would be extremely difficult for somebody to go into the river as far up as the park and not be found on a bank or tangled up in weeds.

Yes but has the whole of the river bank and edges been searched though?

Just driven past Clough Rd police station (10 minutes ago) and there is a lot of activity with about 8 police cars, large van and dog handlers with dogs. News vans in police car park. Could be unrelated but there is a bunch of activity.
Surely it is related. And the police dogs at the park were very shortlived. They were just in with the park keeper and then all left and he locked up and left too

1. The first item he stole was in the run up to Christmas (play station) wouldn’t surprise me if it was new in the box. Does this suggest his initial motives for burglary was financial (steal items he knew he could flog before Christmas?) and then he got a thrill from finding more intimate objects?
2. Two of the burglaries are between dates suggesting the home owners were away for a few days and therefore PR must have kept an idea of the addresses and figures out they were away. This could suggest he does often go out and surveils houses which might have lights out etc in which case sitting in that road/ nearby roads for 20 minutes might be part of a regular routine for him?

The Wellesley Av one bothers me. Previous to that all the offences appeared to take place nearer to his home.

But the last one before Libby went missing is on her street. Too much of a coincidence for me that.

Last edited:

Must be related, this police station is almost opposite to the other entrance of Oak Park that one of our posters filmed from his bike a couple of days ago. Just minutes away.

Nope. I think they've actually searched very little of the river, save perhaps for the small stretch that leads directly onto the river bank from the main path in Oak Road Park. Can't remember having seen boats and such scouring the whole run of it. Not only could the reeds snag a body floating along, they would make good cover in and of themselves. This is what concerned me walking round the other day. There are tall reeds several meters thick in parts. I took photos of some. Areas have been trodden, like tunnels leading through. Too large to have been done by foxes etc. They could provide a convenient entry point to the river, or just as a place to conceal a body within the reeds themselves.

It's daunting when you think about it. Such a difficult area to search comprehensively.

Surely it is related. And the police dogs at the park were very shortlived. They were just in with the park keeper and then all left and he locked up and left too
Obviously just giving the dogs a run out, wee break etc on the Park, beautiful sunny day, before its back into the dog vans to go and find the missing City of Culture legacy.

Obviously just giving the dogs a run out, wee break etc on the Park, beautiful sunny day, before its back into the dog vans to go and find the missing City of Culture legacy.
City of Culture seems like a misnomer in light of the creepiness we're dealing with here. City of Vultures would be more appropriate!

HI all, I am have unfortunately not been able to catch up on posts over the weekend. I am just wondering if there have been any major developments since Friday. Thank you so much. I have been following very closely and think of Libby often.

There's an interesting read on 'sexually motivated burglary' here, I believe it's an actual charge in the US.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4558/accdeeb60f1666a1ec56de4bfc637a1b1941.pdf
Basically, it says there are a few different types of burglary where the main motivation is to get some sexual gratification over taking clothes and personal items, or just being a voyeur in someones home. The burglars do steal other items to justify in their minds what they're doing. Or start with normal items and move on as you say. The 'normal' items help them rationalise what they're doing.
With the 'fetish' burglars, where they take women's clothes and things they often have an urge to destroy them or defile them through anger and this can move on to the women themselves in the form of assault.
At the end it says how 77% of sexual murderers were burglars and that if a sexually motivated murder happens in an area, any burglars that fit the above patterns should be very closely regarded as suspects.
I agree he was probably watching people in those streets and observing their movements.

There's an interesting read on 'sexually motivated burglary' here, I believe it's an actual charge in the US.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4558/accdeeb60f1666a1ec56de4bfc637a1b1941.pdf
Basically, it says there are a few different types of burglary where the main motivation is to get some sexual gratification over taking clothes and personal items, or just being a voyeur in someones home. The burglars do steal other items to justify in their minds what they're doing. Or start with normal items and move on as you say. The 'normal' items help them rationalise what they're doing.
With the 'fetish' burglars, where they take women's clothes and things they often have an urge to destroy them or defile them through anger and this can move on to the women themselves in the form of assault.
At the end it says how 77% of sexual murderers were burglars and that if a sexually motivated murder happens in an area, any burglars that fit the above patterns should be very closely regarded as suspects.
I agree he was probably watching people in those streets and observing their movements.

Really good post this.

It's bothered me how people think it's a stretch to go from flasher/burglar to anything more severe.

It's classic escalation.

Very few rapists and sexually motivated murderers do that for their first offence they build up to it.

I'd put bets on that most if not all had committed other offences before.

Nope. I think they've actually searched very little of the river, save perhaps for the small stretch that leads directly onto the river bank from the main path in Oak Road Park. Can't remember having seen boats and such scouring the whole run of it. Not only could the reeds snag a body floating along, they would make good cover in and of themselves. This is what concerned me walking round the other day. There are tall reeds several meters thick in parts. I took photos of some. Areas have been trodden, like tunnels leading through. Too large to have been done by foxes etc. They could provide a convenient entry point to the river, or just as a place to conceal a body within the reeds themselves.

It's daunting when you think about it. Such a difficult area to search comprehensively.
I fish this part of Hull river often and the outgoing tide moves very fast. I can throw a spinner out downstream on an outgoing tide and it will sit there mid depth just spinning.

They can't have searched all that riverbank. It makes me think of the Alice Gross case and how her body was tied down. Could the suspect have put her in the water and then weighted her down, even gone back later?

Really good post this.

It's bothered me how people think it's a stretch to go from flasher/burglar to anything more severe.

It's classic escalation.

Very few rapists and sexually motivated murderers do that for their first offence they build up to it.

I'd put bets on that most if not all had committed other offences before.
Agreed. And I wrote a while back about how much we do (or do not know) about Polish criminal procedures. Do we know if juvenile records are sealed? Several people did an in-depth search of Polish public records with no results, but PR would have been around 18 when he left Poland. It could be that there are previous offenses that we do not know about. And the things he is now charged with are very brazen...it seems his impulses overcame his fear of getting caught - at a certain point. So, this could have escalated and led to more impulsive actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500