Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance, after a weight loss?
ID - ID - Patrick Beavers, 24, Jerome, 3 April 1997
Patrick Jason Beavers – The Charley Project
Patrick Jason Beavers
  • patrick_jason_beavers_1.jpg
  • patrick_jason_beavers_2.jpg
Beavers, circa 1997
Yes. Based on those two images I see similarities.

Both DNA and dental available.

If Patrick did decide to just leave home it sounds like he was well traveled and I find it very possible he could have found himself working in NY, saving up enough money for a few months off.

It’s noted below “Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio” Is there a full photo of Patrick anywhere? I’d like to see how he was disproportionate.

1819DMID - Patrick Jason Beavers

Name:
Patrick Jason Beavers
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 3, 1997
Location Last Seen: Jerome, Jerome County, Idaho

Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 18, 1972
Race: White
Height: 5'10" to 6'0"
Weight: 180-250 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on abdomen from appendix being removed. He wore a full beard or mustache. He has been diagnosed as antisocial. He tends to avoid people in most situations. He may be suicidal. He has visual perception problems. He has to wear dark, wrap around type sunglasses due to a light sensitivity condition and may even wear the sunglasses during the evening hours. He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio. He smokes expensive cigars and drinks Scotch, however, he does not frequent bars. He is a loner who enjoys reading and long distance hiking.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Shoe size 9.5. He may wear a black coat/jean jacket, blue jeans, and blue denim vests. He frequently wore Hanes T-shirts, flannels with a pocket on the front, pants (size 36x32 or 38x32), jeans mostly Rustler Wranglers, or dress pants.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Wore dark/black wrap around sun glasses due to light sensitivity.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Patrick Jason Beavers, also known as Pat, disappeared sometime between the evening of April 3, 1997 and the morning of April 4, 1997. He left a goodbye note which could be taken as a suicide note.

He had been drinking hard alcohol and cut up his identification. He left a note and walked off in the middle of the night after having a disagreement with his stepfather about his being unemployed. It was snowing.

Patrick usually carried pepper spray on a chain and a multi-purpose pocket knife. He did not know how to drive. An extensive search was made the following day of the canyon and surrounding desert area. Prior to disappearing, he had purchased new camping gear and clothes that he did not take with him.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Jerome Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det Dwayne Rubink
Agency Phone Number: 208-324-4328
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 9704021

NCIC Case Number: M015087406
NamUs Case Number: 2089

Information Source(s)
Namus
TXDPS
Family of Patrick Jason Beavers
Seminole County Sheriff's Office
Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse

Admin Notes
Added: 1/2/06; Last Updated: 5/8/16

JMO..I’m not seeing Patrick as being our hiker. Patrick was diagnosed anti social and from everything the other hikers have said Denim was pretty sociable. It also sounds like Patrick’s eye/ sun sensitivity was pretty severe. Our hiker hiker is photographed, in the sun, not wearing any sunglasses. Moo

JMO..I’m not seeing Patrick as being our hiker. Patrick was diagnosed anti social and from everything the other hikers have said Denim was pretty sociable. It also sounds like Patrick’s eye/ sun sensitivity was pretty severe. Our hiker hiker is photographed, in the sun, not wearing any sunglasses. Moo

I agree. I have been scrolling through looking at Denim’s photos and not one of them so far shows him with sunglasses. The sun didn’t seem to bother him. I also read Patrick’s thread and found that Patrick had a receding hairline. Denim had a full head of hair.

Being antisocial doesn’t mean a person can’t also be sociable, IMO.
I’m introverted, but I can socialize when needed...especially when interests are similar.
Was Patrick actually diagnosed with ASPD (antisocial personality disorder) or was he just an introvert? ASPD is the clinical term for psychopathy/sociopathy. That’s a pretty serious diagnosis and I think other hikers may have noticed “off” behaviour if he truly had an antisocial disorder.

That being said I don’t think Patrick is MH, anyways.
It was also stated that Patrick did not know how to drive.
How would he have ended up in NY if he went missing in Idaho (other than hitchhiking)?
I mean it’s possible, but I don’t know.

IMO

Yes. Based on those two images I see similarities.

I talked to the lead detective for Patrick Jason Beavers case in Jerome Iowa. It hasn't been ruled out. Spent an hour on the phone with him on February 11th. DNA will be the ruling factor here as dental records wouldn't match due to the dental work. Interestingly enough, Pat had a thing about his teeth.

I talked to the lead detective for Patrick Jason Beavers case in Jerome Iowa. It hasn't been ruled out. Spent an hour on the phone with him last week. DNA will be the ruling factor here as dental records wouldn't match due to the dental work. Interestingly enough, Pat had a thing about his teeth.
Awesome, thanks!

I'll let you guys know what else he said really soon, but he asked me to email him some stuff and I want to give him an opportunity to reply before I do post additional details. I also invited him to join or lurk here at Websleuths.

Pat wasnt my find. But after a little digging and a brief discussion, I made the call.

It was also stated that Patrick did not know how to drive.
How would he have ended up in NY if he went missing in Idaho (other than hitchhiking)?

Great points. Remember Pat went missing a long time ago so he had plenty of time to get across country and one article I linked states he expressed his interest in doing that very thing shortly before he disappeared... that is hitchhike across country.

The top should be a quote box but I dont know how to fix it. Ok maybe I fixed it.

Last edited:
Can you clarify what you mean by dental records wouldn’t match? I’m multitasking and can’t check myself. Thanks!

Patrick went missing in 1997. The UID found in 2018 (MH/BB) had excellent teeth...with a lot of recent dental work... So crowns, root canals, removal of wisdom teeth... they change your dental print. Over 20 years time, not only do teeth drift but the actual shape of one's gums, palate, and bite lines change. Getting a dental match that could be used as a determining factor for Pat and MH isn't likely.

MOO: Matching MH/BB's dentals to any other dental records would be very hard if MH's dental work really was that recent and that grand.

Last edited:
Here is one pic with the sunglasses hanging from his neck. I've been looking at his eyes a lot lately. Additionally I've been looking at pictures of Patrick Beavers mom's eyes, who also has retinitis pigmentosa and is never wearing sunglasses.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-194824_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190210-194824_Samsung Internet.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics