IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail has a section in their article about sentencing for false police reports in Illinois

Empire star Jussie Smollett allegedly REHEARSED hoax attack with two Nigerian brothers | Daily Mail Online

Filing a false report to police in the State of Illinois is considered an act of disorderly conduct, which is a Class 4 felony.
That means that anyone found guilty could face between one and three years in prison.
By law, the crime of disorderly conduct is committed in Illinois by anyone who 'transmits or causes to be transmitted in any manner to any peace officer, public officer or public employee a report to the effect that an offense will be committed, is being committed, or has been committed, knowing at the time of the transmission that there is no reasonable ground for believing that the offense will be committed, is being committed, or has been committed.'

Last week, a central Illinois man was sentenced to three years in state prison after he pleaded guilty to fabricating an Amber alert.
On December 15, Mitchell Dutz, 18, told police that three black men stole his car with a 13-month-old infant inside.
Dutz used a social media photo of a child he did not know to claim that there was a kidnapping, according to Peoria Journal Star.
But police rescinded the Amber alert after it became clear that it was a hoax.
Dutz pleaded guilty to motor-vehicle burglary and disorderly conduct.

Last month, a Chicago woman was charged with a felony after she allegedly made a 911 call that turned out to be a 'swatting' incident.
Keesha S. Ingram, 41, allegedly called police before dawn on December 11 to report that a man was threatening to shoot his wife in their home in Warren Township.
Sheriff's deputies responded to the call. They arrived at the scene and set up a perimeter around the house.After making contact with the residents inside, the deputies determined there was no incident to warrant an arrest, according to the Daily Herald.
Authorities then determined that they were dealing with a 'swatting' incident whereby a person falsely reports an ongoing crime at a particular address in order to harass the individual who lives there. An investigation led back to Ingram, who is alleged to have known one of the people who lived in the Warren Township home. Investigators believe Ingram made the swatting call out of revenge against the victim, whom she accused of not paying her money that was owed to her.
Ingram is still on the loose and is wanted for arrest, according to Patch.

Word of the Day: Vacuous.
Adjective, meaning "Devoid of Intelligence".

People saw this as a hoax. There are so many hilarious comments on YouTube.

Mr. Smollett now has a "Crisis Coordinator" instead of a "Publicist". That, in and of itself, says quite a bit. The team needs to make a statement.

Well, enough already. Mr. Smollett's "15 minutes of fame" are done. There is other news, far more important than this. Sadly.

4 dead, suspect in custody following hostage standoff in Clinton MS

I have the impression that while the brothers were away that LE or the FBI or both had gotten a search warrant and had processed their apartment. There must have been something or evidence inside the place telling them they would be returning to the airport. By the time they were picked up at the airport LE already had the answers to many questions. With the "cloud" these days much can be obtained without the actual phones. As long as they get a search warrant I bet we would be scared of what they can find out now.

JMO

I'm just glad they chose to do the hoax on a night that it was freezing because if any white man was picked up on camera they would be blamed at first and no amount of proof clearing them would be enough for some people. He wanted to incite hate towards a certain group of people thankfully most had enough sense to see through this lie from the beginning. On our local news facebook page there are a few that no matter what new info comes through they come up with an excuse finding a way to place blame somewhere other then JS.

Honest question - since Jussie is the one who made this blatantly political, why can’t we discuss it as such?

because over the years it has always ended up being too much work for the mods to keep things civil, they even tried an "anything goes" politics forum and they couldnt manage it there either. its just a personal choice of the owner to avoid it and all the bickering it brings.

Feb 17, 2019

Empire star Jussie Smollett allegedly REHEARSED hoax attack with two Nigerian brothers he is accused of paying $3,500 to assault him
  • Jussie Smollett may have orchestrated an assault on himself, Chicago police say
  • Abimbola 'Abel' and Olabinjo 'Ola' Osundairo, who are cooperating with investigators, reportedly told detectives that they did a practice run days before
  • Smollett furiously denied hoax claims saying 'nothing is further from the truth'
  • The actor issued a statement Saturday night through his lawyers, who now say one of the suspects was Smollett's personal trainer for a music video
  • 'It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity', they say
  • Attorneys say Smollett 'has now been further victimized by claims'
  • Both men, Nigerian brothers, are friends of Smollett and said to be anti-Trump
  • The brothers were reportedly paid $3,500 and were promised additional $500
  • Smollett said last month that he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack
  • Initial reports said two noose-wielding men yelled 'this is MAGA country'
  • Police say new evidence emerged in interrogations that requires investigation
  • However, Smollett is not officially considered a suspect, CPD said
  • He recently hired high-powered defense lawyer Michael Monico
Empire star Jussie Smollett and the two Nigerian brothers he is accused of paying $3,500 to attack him allegedly rehearsed the assault beforehand, a new report claims.

Abimbola 'Abel' and Olabinjo 'Ola' Osundairo, who are cooperating with police investigating the alleged hoax attack on January 29, reportedly told detectives that the 2am attack was supposed to happen earlier and that they did a practice run beforehand, according to CBS Chicago.

Empire star Jussie Smollett allegedly REHEARSED hoax attack with two Nigerian brothers | Daily Mail Online

If it was on camera, how would he explain the two assailants being black?
I agree- I think he thought there would be no surveillance so he could say whatever he wanted. I think he backed himself into a corner when he went and said that the people on the video were definitely those who attacked him.

Having friends in both the African-American and gay communities, I can assure you that the majority were skeptical of Mr. Smollet’s story from, if not Day One, Day Two. No one with even an ounce of common sense or the slightest sense of smell for the fishy bought it. And they are not happy about it. As real victims of sexual assault aren’t when false claims are brought forward. It makes it that much harder to be believed.

As someone earlier in the thread said, this was the worse script for a racially motivated attack ever written. Don’t quit your day job, Mr. Smollett.

And I don’t think he can back down now and save face - he’s in way too deep and this is too high profile. He’s really up that creek, but at least he has a lawyer. Hope they brought two paddles.

Having friends in both the African-American and gay communities, I can assure you that the majority were skeptical of Mr. Smollet’s story from, if not Day One, Day Two. No one with even an ounce of common sense or the slightest sense of smell for the fishy bought it. And they are not happy about it. As real victims of sexual assault aren’t when false claims are brought forward. It makes it that much harder to be believed.

As someone earlier in the thread said, this was the worse script for a racially motivated attack ever written. Don’t quit your day job, Mr. Smollett.

And I don’t think he can back down now and save face - he’s in way too deep and this is too high profile. He’s really up that creek, but at least he has a lawyer. Hope they brought two paddles.

I was right there with your friends, first day I read it.

I agree- I think he thought there would be no surveillance so he could say whatever he wanted. I think he backed himself into a corner when he went and said that the people on the video were definitely those who attacked him.

Actually on GMA he says he told LE where there was a camera that should have captured it and he was disappointed when it turned out the camera pointed elsewhere. My WAG is that the two brothers had their backs to that camera at JS's direction. Also it's come out that the brothers used to sell face masks and they were probably using their own masks that substantially covered their faces.

Most of us were. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around anyone who believed him unless they just didn't read or listen to the actual details.
Some people simply wanted to believe the story, even in the face of details that made it hard to believe.

There is also a large segment of the population that simply isn’t familiar with the realities of crime.

They don’t follow crimes closely enough to realize that something like this just doesn’t happen, atleast not in this way.

Racist attacks don’t look like this. Assaults in general do not look like this.

Two men wearing red hats were not standing around at 2am in sub-zero conditions, armed with bleach and a noose, waiting for the perfect target to run out and pick up a sandwich.

Two bodybuilders didn’t slightly injure a smaller, unprepared, innocent victim.

Amazingly, this attack happened out of camera sight, in an area in which surveillance cameras are ubiquitous.

Nothing added up in the beginning, and at this point it is overwhelmingly clear.

Hoax.

Most of us were. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around anyone who believed him unless they just didn't read or listen to the actual details.
Speaking for myself it is a case of not wanting to believe he would do such a thing.
He didn't need to to draw attention to hate crime.
Plus he seemed like such a decent caring person. He has done a lot for various charities.
He bought a wheelchair equipped van for a child with no legs.
Probably silly,but I'm still holding out hope that the two men lied to save their own skin.
And still waiting for proof that he is guilty. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members