CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Upon information and belief, Frazee had motive to kill Kelsey in that he wanted full custody of [Kaylee Berreth] and/or Kelsey to leave [Kaylee Berreth] with him and Kelsey would not agree,” lawyer Angela Jones, wrote in the amended lawsuit on behalf of Cheryl and Darrell Berreth, according to ABC.

Parents of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth refile wrongful death lawsuit, claim fiancé killed her to gain custody of child

I wondered about the baby having Kelsey’s last name. Glad she (baby) has Berreth.
If this is true.
I'm pretty sure the baby does have Berreth's last name.
I wonder if PF was leading KB to believe all was well, and he planned to marry her in order to prevent her from taking any steps to interfere with his plan to ultimately have full custody of the baby. Imo

I think the defense will strongly contest the facts of the case, and leave personal information about either the defendant or the deceased out of it, as much as possible.
Imagine a case where one meth dealer shoots and kills another meth dealer. Attorneys could wax on endlessly about upbringing, society's woes, dependencies and so forth.......but in the end Murder in the First Degree is still murder.
Either he did it, or there is reasonable doubt that he did it. I imagine that will be the strategy. IMO

I think I'll disagree on this one and remember how much Jodi trashed Travis during her trial. He's been doing it in the past, what's going to stop him now.

Yes, the custody of Baby K wasn't for the love of Baby K, imo; otherwise, he wouldn't have taken Baby K's mother away from her.
In a HYPOTHETICAL case, you could clearly see the reverse of this when fathers (not pf) might take the kids to see their mom, let's say hypothetically, if she was in the hospital. A normal, logical dad could clearly see that a separation from mom could be hard on the children.
It's totally absurd that pf chose a permanent separation for Baby K from her mother. Whatever interest he had was for himself.
PF told CB that he'd "had enough and wasn't going to deal with things any more" according to the complaint. That says a lot, IMHO.

IMHO, PF didn't want to compromise, didn't want the inconvenience of picking up and dropping off little K, didn't want to get married, didn't want to move off the ranchette, wanted his freedom, and wanted his side women. His theme song is "My Way". Is any of that a motive for murder? To rational-thinking people, no. To PF, yes, it was. I also sense that he was jealous and possessive. Jealous because KB had her dream job. Possessive because he seemed to have a problem with the possibility that she occasionally had dinner with her co-workers instead of rushing straight home, if that was even true. This is what the complaint, citing PF own words, tells me. MOO

Westcliffe Colorado is a small town in a very rural Custer County. There is only one cell phone provider and it is AT&T. If PF answered his cell on December 2nd while in Westcliffe it would have pinged through the AT&T tower. CB’s phone has the exact time of the call and CBI would have no problem tracking PF’s cell phone location.
Nicely sleuthed Westcliffe! :) Lying lips sink ships.

and maybe since Colorado has a common law marriage law...if you coinhabit as a couple for 6 months, I believe, you're married in the eyes of the State; if you represent yourselves as being married, you're married. My health insurance company, Kaiser, held through my government employment, USGS, even recognized my partner for coverage a year after we hooked up, 24 years ago. So KB would've been smart to have a specific will about assets.
KB and PF did not cohabitate AFAIK, she might have stayed at the F house when she first moved until she found a place of her own but I would doubt if it would have any length of time.

KB purchased her townhome mid year 2018 IIRC and she lived in a rental in that same complex before that. PF has purchased......ummmm, nothing. PF didn't purchase jack squat he was living at Momma F's for free I imagine.

They presented themselves as an engaged couple, not married.

JMO

KB and PF did not cohabitate AFAIK, she might have stayed at the F house when she first moved until she found a place of her own but I would doubt if it would have any length of time.

KB purchased her townhome mid year 2018 IIRC and she lived in a rental in that same complex before that. PF has purchased......ummmm, nothing. PF didn't purchase jack squat he was living at Momma F's for free I imagine.

JMO

CB has been insistent that they NEVER lived together. I believe CB. IMO

JMO
Interesting.

So, yeah, what was PF doing near Westcliffe.

This other case is interesting in that some think she was put in an old mine near Crestone which is near Westcliffe. Hmmmmm Must be some old mine shafts around there for sure.

btw-I have been to Gunnison where KR had also lived at some point and it was so beautiful and had some of the best trout fishing I have ever experienced. Gunnison was also where I saw some wild bighorn sheep up on the side of a mountain. Colorado has some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen here in the US.

oh my, remember Arias texting Travis to "go to a concert" after she murdered HIM?
Now why did you have to go mention "she, the one who will not be named"? LOL My blood still boils when I think about her!

JA and CA <Casey Anthony> are my top two "those who shall not be named", I believe I'll be adding KK and PF to this list too. :)

Just a thought: What if he said they ate at the Cracker Barrel to appease the Berreth's. ex: Hey guess what we ate at Darrell's favorite place the Cracker Barrel to make his story more believable. Perhaps to establish he was in the opposite direction of where he really was at.
He threw out so many clues in his phone calls to CB hard to sort fact from fiction.
It is very possible. PF seems to tell lots of tall tales. I guess for me the unnecessarily cruel part is to link something he knew DB loved to his daughter’s murder. I also get that not many restaurants were open and it would need to be more of a sit down restaurant vs Sonic to make sense and it might not be an intentional move on PFs part. Also, someone capable of murdering the mother of their baby probably doesn’t give a rat’s heiny about ruining someone’s favorite restaurant. MOO

JMO

interesting points!!!! Now i'm going to go research reproduction. I wonder if that ties people together in Colorado

I'm pretty sure the baby does have Berreth's last name.
I wonder if PF was leading KB to believe all was well, and he planned to marry her in order to prevent her from taking any steps to interfere with his plan to ultimately have full custody of the baby. Imo

I don't think there is any question that PF intended to have full custody of the child. He would have it now, if he had not been arrested for the murder of her mother. IMO

In his statements to CB, he said KB often turns the phone off when baby is sleeping or she is studying. This implies to me, that the baby’s home was with KB.
I'm sure there is a way for the phone company to figure out if KB's phone was consistently turned off for periods of time. I don't believe she turned it off/on, maybe just turned the ringer off if Baby K was napping. Gawd, PF makes me furious. *gag*

I don't think there is any question that PF intended to have full custody of the child. He would have it now, if he had not been arrested for the murder of her mother. IMO

I often wondered is it PF that wanted full custody or his mom? With what he did, he was pretty busy (maybe) and it sounded like the little girls care was left to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn