CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight and tomorrow night there will be an update about this monster and then maybe I will get some new evidence regarding this monster. Thanks for all your insights.

Ted Bundy was the first serial killer that defied LE and got away with his murders until his execution on January 24, 1989. Maybe this is what slowed down JJD? JJD either changed his MO or just lost his drive. I seem to have hit a block wall on information on this monster.

Just want to state something for the record since it seems to not be clear to anyone. DeAngelo is responsible for far far more murders than the police "investigation" has uncovered. This guy left a trail of blood all over California and one only needs to take the time to read the old newspapers to see that, something the Sacramento Sheriff's Department obviously was not even competent enough to do. And they only had to look at their files to see EAR out prowling, ransacking, stealing, raping and killing all over Sacramento for the previous 20 years, if they even kept any. And that's just before the East Area Rapist! The idea that he took a 5 year break and stopped in 1981 is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. And again one only needs to read the old newspapers to see how obvious that is. Thank god for the press, without them we would be completely lost.

Last edited:
Joseph DeAngelo’s Pending Divorce Could Impact East Area Rapist Trial
"As he awaits what's expected to be the largest trial in California history, he's facing a different legal issue.

"There is now a divorce pending, which means they are no longer legally married and that's significant," said attorney Mark Reichel.

Court records show DeAngelo's estranged wife, Sharon Huddle, filed for divorce last year.
Reichel says the effect of that change in marital status could be huge for the trial.

"I think this is a treasure trove for the prosecution now," Reichel told FOX40. "She can really be a domestic diary of the daily activities of this person."

Reichel says if the couple remained married, the defense could stop Huddle from testifying against DeAngelo. Now she can, with limitations.

"The DA's office can subpoena her. She loses her right to say no," he said. "She can't talk about communications but she can talk about observations. 'He wasn't home this night. This night he came home with these clothes. This night he took the truck.'"

Watching Unmasking a Killer...His wife's father arrested for peeping also? wow

Yes this to me is the craziest aspect of the case especially because I think he started over there while his father was stationed in Novato and not in Sacramento.

After a two decade separation, the wife of the suspected Golden State Killer Joseph DeAngelo has filed for divorce.

Sacramento news station KOVR reports that Sharon Huddle filed for divorce from 73-year-0ld DeAngelo in July. DeAngelo has been in jail for the last 10 months, accused of committing 13 murders and 50 rapes during a decades long spree of terror. He was arrested in April with the help of DNA gathered from an online geneology database.

Huddle and DeAngelo were married in 1973 and separated in 1991. The news of the recent divorce filing is significant because it means that Huddle would be permitted to testify about the years she was married to DeAngelo when the Golden State Killer (also known as the East Area Rapist and the Original Night Stalker) was at his most active.

Attorney Mark Reichel explained to Sacramento's Fox 40 what the change in marital status could mean for the trial.

"I think this is a treasure trove for the prosecution now," Reichel said. "She can really be a domestic diary of the daily activities of this person. The DA's office can subpoena her. She loses her right to say no. She can't talk about communications but she can talk about observations. 'He wasn't home this night. This night he came home with these clothes. This night he took the truck.'"

DeAngelo is believed to have burglarized hundreds of homes before progressing to rape and murder in six different counties across California in the 1970s and early 1980s. He is alleged to have been a particularly sadistic and violent killer and rapist and was known to taunt his victims by calling them after assaulting them. The cold cases came back into the spotlight last year with the publication of Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone in the Dark. At around the same time as the book's release, investigators were able to match DNA samples taken from a crime scene in 1980, to DNA submitted to a free, online genealogy website called DNAmatch by a relative of DeAngelo's.
Huddle and DeAngelo have a divorce hearing scheduled for March. DeAngelo's next court appearance on rape and murder charges will be April 10.

Alleged Golden State Killer's Wife Could Testify Against Him At Trial

The lawyer wife of the Golden State Killer is actually divorcing him after 2 decades? I've seen all the postings about her being a screaming, abusive, bullying lawyer to her clients, so why can't she just take him on as her new client? Can't they just go to a marriage counselor and work things out? Lol. :)

My guess is she's writing a big, tell-all book that will make her rich!

The lawyer wife of the Golden State Killer is actually divorcing him after 2 decades? I've seen all the postings about her being a screaming, abusive, bullying lawyer to her clients, so why can't she just take him on as her new client? Can't they just go to a marriage counselor and work things out? Lol. :)

My guess is she's writing a big, tell-all book that will make her rich!
Rbbm
LOL, First laugh of the day, thanks!!

California city to pay $21 million settlement to man who spent 39 years in prison for crime he didn't commit
Simi Valley, California, agreed to the settlement with Craig Coley on Saturday.

"...Craig Coley was convicted of murdering Rhonda Wicht and her 4-year-old son, Donald, in 1978 and spent the better part of four decades in jail. He was released in November 2017 after receiving a pardon from then-Gov. Jerry Brown. He was 70 years old at the time of his release.

Now he's collecting a massive payout from the city that convicted him of the crime he did not commit....

Cole always maintained his innocence in the double murder....

California city to pay $21 million settlement to man who spent 39 years in prison for crime he didn't commit

ny-1529015606-oqtafluf34-snap-image

Simi Valley, California, agreed to the settlement with Craig Coley on Saturday.

"...Craig Coley was convicted of murdering Rhonda Wicht and her 4-year-old son, Donald, in 1978 and spent the better part of four decades in jail. He was released in November 2017 after receiving a pardon from then-Gov. Jerry Brown. He was 70 years old at the time of his release.

Now he's collecting a massive payout from the city that convicted him of the crime he did not commit....

Cole always maintained his innocence in the double murder....

ny-1529015606-oqtafluf34-snap-image
Good and glad to know they have DNA of the actual person who murdered the two. It’s just a matter of time before they use genetic genealogy to find the real killer.

JJD has been conclusively ruled out as being responsible for the deaths of Rhonda Wicht and her son Donald in Simi Valley:
DNA rules out Golden State Killer suspect Joseph DeAngelo in 1978 double-murder

Her ex, Mr Craig Coley, spent almost four decades in jail for the crime. In my own opinion, Mr Coley remains - by far - the likeliest suspect in the murders.

Coley was wrongly convicted of murdering his 24-year-old ex-girlfriend Rhonda Wicht and her four-year-old son Donald at her Simi Valley home in 1978.

He claims a former police detective framed him for the murders by destroying crucial evidence. His conviction was eventually overturned due to advances in DNA technology and faulty evidence.

Investigators couldn't find any of Coley's DNA on the evidence used to convict him but they did find the DNA of an unknown man.

California man gets $21 million payout for wrongful murder conviction | Daily Mail Online

Coley was wrongly convicted of murdering his 24-year-old ex-girlfriend Rhonda Wicht and her four-year-old son Donald at her Simi Valley home in 1978.

He claims a former police detective framed him for the murders by destroying crucial evidence. His conviction was eventually overturned due to advances in DNA technology and faulty evidence.

Investigators couldn't find any of Coley's DNA on the evidence used to convict him but they did find the DNA of an unknown man.

Prison is full of "innocent" men who claim to have been framed squid! MOO.

A simple examination of the facts reveals that CC almost certainly murdered Ms Wicht and also her four year old son Donald.

To summarize:

1. Ms Wicht dumped Mr Coley. He was very upset / depressed by this fact and let many people know this.
2. He went on a all-night bender, drinking with his buddies until 4:30 am
3. Shortly after he leaves his drinking buddies at 4:30 am a heavily intoxicated man causes a ruckus at Ms Wicht's residence, waking the neighbors.
4. At 5:30am Ms Wicht's neighbors see a man who looks like Mr Coley (who they know very well) leaving Ms Wicht's residence.
5. The neighbor's see this very familiar looking man enter a truck that looks exactly like Mr Coley's truck (which they also know and recognize)
6. When police go to Mr Coley's residence to arrest him they find a blood-stained towel and a a t-shirt soaked in blood. They suggest that Mr Coley was wearing the t-shirt when he brutally beat and strangled his ex to death, and then used a towel to clean himself up before attempting to drive home.
7. Police believe 4 year old Donald was murdered as he could identify his mother's killer.

There are only two reasons why Mr Coley was 'cleared' of this murder:

1. Another man's semen was found on an item belonging to Ms Wicht -most likely the blood soaked towel found at Mr Coley's residence.
2. The police and the prosecution knew Ms Wicht had other male friends / companions but didn't introduce them as alternate suspects at the trial.

The fact that another man's semen was found (and may actually have been found on the blood-soaked towel at Mr Coley's house!) doesn't mean that Mr Coley didn't kill his ex.

In fact, the evidence that it has been established that Ms Wicht had several other male suitors (once she had ended her relationship with Mr Coley) gives us a perfectly acceptable explanation for why unknown DNA (ie not Mr Coley's sperm) was found.

www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-jerry-brown-pardon-20171122-htmlstory.html

www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/simi-valley/2017/12/02/police-face-challenges-simi-valleys-oldest-unsolved-murder-case/913307001/

www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/us/jerry-brown-pardon-murder.html

Prison is full of "innocent" men who claim to have been framed squid! MOO.

You mean like Oscar Clifton? Whose father in laws house was hit multiple times by the Ransacker before Officer DeAngelo killed 14 yr old Donna Richmond and framed Clifton?

Murder Inc, if you did a quick search through this thread, or through my post history, you would see that I have made about 15 posts over the past 12 months linking to episodes of the 12-26-75 podcast.

I am very open to the possibility that Oscar Clifton WAS framed, and failed by the TSCO, who just assumed he was guilty based on the flimsiest of evidence (eg his invoice book being found at the scene but somehow wiped clean of prints. A trail of Donna Richmond's clothes virtually leading to his front door.) It certainly looks and feel like an attempting framing.

I have also stated here and in other places that I believe 100% that someone attempted to frame Kenneth Lane for the murders of Kimberley Best and Paige Sinclair - which was covered extensively by Episode 20 of 12-26-75.

There are a few cases where innocent men are framed for crimes they didn't commit.

There are more cases where police incompetence or prejudice, juror bias etc... sends innocent men to jail.

Mr Coley however, was not framed. It was not incompetence or bias that sent him to jail. It was the fact the a blood-soaked towel belong to Ms Wicht and a t-shirt belonging to her son Donald were found inside his house a few hours after they were brutally murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck