IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smollett Shuffles Attorneys, Hires Crisis Management Firm As Scandal Deepens

Monico left Smollett like a rat jumping from a sinking ship. I wonder if Smollett lied to him.

Seriously, this case is riveting, because you couldn't make this stuff up! Forget SVU episode, this is like an entire Netflix series, like "24". Next up, the Grand jury! That is definitely fast tracked.
It reminds me of that old series Burn Notice; however with a middle schooler writing one of the episodes.

I believe the letter ruse was used at first. When he didn't get the desired results, there had to be a plan B. A script, rehearsals and a couple guys who could use a little cash. When acting and playing to the cameras you have to always look for the little red light on the camera to perform to. Especially in multi-camera shooting and taping. He knew about that camera.

I do not know where the notion that some politician may be involved in this mess came from. I doubt this fool even knows where to vote. Using that whole "MAGA" crap in the state of Illinois shows how politically deaf he is. Seriously... MAGA fans running around Chicago in -10 degree weather?

JMO

There are many photos online of him with notable Democratic politicians. He's no dummy when it comes to politics and he KNOWS what he believes.

There are many photos online of him with notable Democratic politicians. He's no dummy when it comes to politics and he KNOWS what he believes.

Agree. It’s way too coincidental that the Senate passed the anti-lynching bill immediately after his GMA interview was aired. JS’s attack was referenced on the Senate floor as leverage to get the bill passed. Sorry if this is too political & must be deleted.

Last edited:
And on Twitter, Blondie! .....it all fell right into place....until it all fell apart.....

(To be clear, I'm against lynching as is everyone else I assume).

Last edited:

If this was a hoax, I think the noose was very purposeful for this reason, especially with the anti-lynching bill coming up then, which it got passed with him the off-stage star of its passage. I think that's why JS decided to do it when and how he did though I think he primarily did it for selfish career/ego reasons.

Senators Booker and Harris aren’t named POI so I don’t think they should be mentioned at all.

Assorted politicians have been trying to get an anti-lynching law on the books since 1918. Whether Jussie was trying to help this latest one may be up for debate but I don’t think it was a vast conspiracy w/any politicians.

Senators Booker and Harris aren’t named POI so I don’t think they should be mentioned at all.

Assorted politicians have been trying to get an anti-lynching law on the books since 1918. Whether Jussie was trying to help this latest one may be up for debate but I don’t think it was a vast conspiracy w/any politicians.

Oh I didn’t think for a moment that they were involved! Anyway, I edited my post.....good point. Thanks!

It's not like there aren't countless DV situations that happen unexpectedly with the victim telling the perp where they are, not that I think this is the most likely scenario, but if he was in a relationship with Abel, it wouldn't be surprising that Abel would know where he was because JS told him.
It further stretches the realm of credibility that these two could outsmart a team of 12 detectives, lie (presumably separately) under duress, and be believed. No, they were dead to rights and came clean. Maybe not 100%; time will tell, but I’m sure police have the basic premise correct st this point.

It further stretches the realm of credibility that these two could outsmart a team of 12 detectives, lie (presumably separately) under duress, and be believed. No, they were dead to rights and came clean. Maybe not 100%; time will tell, but I’m sure police have the basic premise correct st this point.

So am I, but someone asked if there could be a reason why the O brothers would lie in implicating JS, with the answer being they could be lying because an admission of engaging in battery is a crime. We are also dealing with a situation that is heavily driven by rumor without there being a conviction, let alone an indictment or even an official statement to all these rumors by the LE/DA. Since there is so much rumor with little actual on the record from LE, we don't have a lot of confirmed facts, though I think broadly speaking the rumors are right as to what LE is thinking and what LE has.

My enquiring mind wants to know:

Was rope/clothesline? purchased before postmark on letter sent to set?

How many bleach tossing, rope lassoing ?, punching dry runs were rehearsed by the 3 stooges before gameday?

Was bleach really tossed out in the cold super sub zero morning or was that weaved into story since perhaps it was part of reheasal in not so cold temperatures.

Were they carrying around open bleach container? because.. my bleach bottles are hard for me open at home in my laundry room with spill proof type top, and...the hot sauce bottle lids are teeney tiny and there arent any arctic gloves that I own which would allow me to open these in -20f .

In my mind, this repurposed hot sauce bottle is sriracha style (twist and squirt like Elmer's Glue); and not Frank's Red Hot, which I think comes with one of those Worcestershire/malt vinegar/soy sauce button shaped types; though I have pulled the little plastic button out of the soy sauce bottle when I needed to use it in recipes and it's not impossible. I also think it's almost a foregone conclusion that whatever type of hot sauce bottle, bleach was transferred into it at the house of the hoaxer, considering everyone's home bleach bottles are being confiscated.

And politicians are no dummies when it comes to using celebrities to push their agenda.

Rush asks for FBI hate crime investigation into attack of 'Empire' star

I find it hard to credit that a politician would want any "top-down" part of this because I feel that any politician would be smarter than Jussie, and propose and/or shepherd a better plan. I can believe a politician not minding making hay out of it after the fact.

As offensive as the details are in this case, and though outrage appears to be prevalent and appropriate, it feels just awful to be witnessing the very public unraveling of an individual, even one who may have no one to blame but himself. I hope some one is watching over him.....better than they did before. My thoughts only....

Last edited:
I think if anyone (except perhaps his manager) was directing Jussie to do this, they'd be smart enough to completely wash all traces of it. They leave the details to him but make damn sure it couldn't be traced back to him even if he spills his guts about them.

Isn't a conspiracy a crime? Should Jussie be solely responsible for something somebody else orchestrated and exploited him to do?

It's quite a coincidence that Chicago Congressman Bobby Rush introduced anti-lynching legislation on January 3 and asks for an official FBI investigation on January 30 using Jussie Smollett as the reason such legislation is still necessary. Are lynchings still happening?

JMO

“This is a hate crime plain and simple and I will not stand by while evil acts are inflicted on any citizen, especially not in my hometown. Jussie Smollett has brought pride to Chicago and made our great city his second home with his trailblazing portrayal of Jamal Lyon on the Fox series ‘Empire’.

I am even more disturbed by the manner in which this crime was carried out, particularly at the media reports of the attempted lynching, which harkens back to some of the darkest days in our history. I thank the Chicago Police Department and FBI for their swift action and thorough investigation.

I also call on my colleagues to support my antilynching legislation that will ensure perpetrators receive an enhanced sentence under hate crimes statutes,” said Rush.

Rep. Bobby Rush Sends Letter to FBI Director Calling for Hate Crimes Investigation of Attack on Jussie Smollett - Los Angeles Sentinel

I think if anyone (except perhaps his manager) was directing Jussie to do this, they'd be smart enough to completely wash all traces of it. They leave the details to him but make damn sure it couldn't be traced back to him even if he spills his guts about them.
I think JS calculatingly used his manager. JS texted the manager knowing the manager would call him back at just the right time of the attack, so the manager could act as an ear witness. IMO. BBM:

The 36-year-old “Empire” star said he left his apartment to go to Walgreens, thinking it was open 24 hours, but ended up at Subway to get a salad.
He said he texted his manager, Brandon Moore, who he believed to be in Australia with another client, and left a message for Moore to call him.
Smollett said Moore called him back immediately.
“While he was on the phone I heard, I was crossing the intersection, I heard ‘Empire!,’ Smollett told Roberts. “I don’t answer to ‘Empire.’ My name ain’t ‘Empire.'”
Jussie Smollett gives details about his attack and says he’s ‘forever changed’

As offensive as the details are in this case, and though outrage appears to be prevalent and appropriate, it feels just awful to be witnessing the very public unraveling of an individual, even one who may have no one to blame but himself. I hope some one is watching over him.....better than they did before. My thoughts only....

We see the public unraveling of criminals all the time here on WS.

Isn't a conspiracy a crime? Should Jussie be solely responsible for something somebody else orchestrated and exploited him to do?

It's quite a coincidence that Chicago Congressman Bobby Rush introduced anti-lynching legislation on January 3 and asks for an official FBI investigation on January 30 using Jussie Smollett as the reason such legislation is still necessary. Are lynchings still happening?

JMO

“This is a hate crime plain and simple and I will not stand by while evil acts are inflicted on any citizen, especially not in my hometown. Jussie Smollett has brought pride to Chicago and made our great city his second home with his trailblazing portrayal of Jamal Lyon on the Fox series ‘Empire’.

I am even more disturbed by the manner in which this crime was carried out, particularly at the media reports of the attempted lynching, which harkens back to some of the darkest days in our history. I thank the Chicago Police Department and FBI for their swift action and thorough investigation.

I also call on my colleagues to support my antilynching legislation that will ensure perpetrators receive an enhanced sentence under hate crimes statutes,” said Rush.

Rep. Bobby Rush Sends Letter to FBI Director Calling for Hate Crimes Investigation of Attack on Jussie Smollett - Los Angeles Sentinel
Yes, conspiracy is a crime. And we don’t know that Jussie conspired w/anyone (well besides what the brothers are claiming). I said that could be up for debate. I personally don’t think it is a conspiracy w/any politicians.
What I said was that we should not be naming anyone that was not named a POI by the authorities which would be against Websleuth’s TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie