CA CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE, aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012, Serial Killer

Can we go into the missing files for these states and help identify possible victims

• Total voters
I would imagine he relives every murder while he is drawing their pictures.

He is probably enjoying all the attention he is getting. I just hope they can identify these women and leave him alone in a cell to die.

How would he even remember what that many women looked like and the location and dates?

I think they must make him look through the unidentfied, missing and cold case photos and prob of mugshots also. Then an image jogs a memory and he draws it. And then when he has his little drawings together he submits them with the stories he has for each. That is what IAM thinking.

All but one female seem to have been drawn with downward mouths except for one AA female( the second one) imo, curious as to why. speculation, imo.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...elp-find-more-victims/?utm_term=.16b4993568f9
rbbm

"The particular shapes of noses. The way their hair was cut short or tumbled to their shoulders. The colors of their eyes. And decades later, as he sat in a Texas jail cell and received daily visitors from around the country, the 78-year-old serial killer began drawing the faces of his victims from memory."

"Little has included rough dates and locations of where the assaults took place. In some instances, he has included possible names. But the images — colorful and extremely precise renderings of the victims — offer a dark window into storehouse of mental detail the serial killer has carried around for years.

Authorities say Little’s portraits have already helped them identify some victims.

“He has an artistic ability that you wouldn’t expect for someone like him,” a detective from Prince George’s County, working to link Little to Maryland cold cases, told The Post in December. “We’re hoping that this sketch will produce some phone calls.”
"Maryland authorities noted at the time that Little seemed to have a “photographic memory.”

The reason I believe at least SOME of the drawings are copied from actual photos is because I saw this one of Denise B. and it looks way way too close to the actual photograph. Also facing in the same position and everything looks the same, except basically the hair is changed.
He may have a photographic memory and remembers details BUT I still believe he has looked at photos. Again that is just me.

Attachments

• IMG_2973.PNG
    IMG_2973.PNG
    698.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2974.PNG
    IMG_2974.PNG
    587.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2977.PNG
    IMG_2977.PNG
    431.5 KB · Views: 37
In looking over various media reports and lurking through the thread here, I have compiled a chronological list of his convicted/incriminated/accused murders that have been publicly corroborated, so here's the list:

1. Mary Brosley (Northwest Miami-Duade, Florida; found June 24h, 1971)

2. Prince George’s County Jane Doe (Laurel, Maryland; found December 4th, 1972)

3. Martha Cunningham (East Knox County, Tennessee; found January 18th, 1975)

4. Angela Chapman (Southwest Miami-Duade, Florida; found May 16th, 1976)

5. Macon Jane Doe (Macon, Georgia; found September 8th, 1977)

6. Jackson County Jane Doe (Pascagoula, Mississippi; found December 27th, 1977)

7. Julia Critchfield (Saucier, Mississippi; January 22nd, 1978)

8. Evelyn Weston (Columbia, South Carolina; September 12th, 1978)

9. Brenda Alexander (Phenix City, Alabama; 1979)

10. Linda Sue Boards (Warren County, Kentucky; May 15th, 1981)

11. Patricia Ann Mount (Alachua County, Florida; January 1982)

12. Kimberly Kessinger (Georgia, May 24th-26th, 1982)

13. Fredonia Smith (Macon, Georgia; July 10th, 1982)

14. Rosie Hill (Marion County, Florida; August 6th, 1982)

15. Melinda Rose LaPree (Pascagoula, Mississippi; September 4th, 1982)

16. Dorothy Richards (Gray, Louisiana; September 14th, 1982)

17. West Memphis Jane Doe (West Memphis, Tennessee; 1984)

18. Carol Elford (Los Angeles, California; July 13th, 1987)

19. Guadalupe Abodaca (Los Angeles, California; August 14th, 1987)

20. Audrey Nelson (Los Angeles, California; September 3rd, 1989)

21. Ruby Lane (Perry, Florida; 1993)

22. Denise Christine Brothers (Odessa, Texas; January or February 1994)

23. Priscilla Baxter-Jones (Mississippi River, Tennessee, January 1996)?

24. Melissa Thomas (Opelousas, Louisiana; January 1996)

25. Daisy McGuire (Houma, Louisiana; February 6th, 1996)
  26. Nancy Carol Stevens (Tupelo, Mississippi, August 5th, 2005)

In looking over various media reports and lurking through the thread here, I have compiled a chronological list of his convicted/incriminated/accused murders that have been publicly corroborated, so here's the list:

1. Mary Brosley (Northwest Miami-Duade, Florida; found June 24h, 1971)

2. Prince George’s County Jane Doe (Laurel, Maryland; found December 4th, 1972)

3. Martha Cunningham (East Knox County, Tennessee; found January 18th, 1975)

4. Angela Chapman (Southwest Miami-Duade, Florida; found May 16th, 1976)

5. Macon Jane Doe (Macon, Georgia; found September 8th, 1977)

6. Jackson County Jane Doe (Pascagoula, Mississippi; found December 27th, 1977)

7. Julia Critchfield (Saucier, Mississippi; January 22nd, 1978)

8. Evelyn Weston (Columbia, South Carolina; September 12th, 1978)

9. Brenda Alexander (Phenix City, Alabama; 1979)

10. Linda Sue Boards (Warren County, Kentucky; May 15th, 1981)

11. Patricia Ann Mount (Alachua County, Florida; January 1982)

12. Kimberly Kessinger (Georgia, May 24th-26th, 1982)

13. Fredonia Smith (Macon, Georgia; July 10th, 1982)

14. Rosie Hill (Marion County, Florida; August 6th, 1982)

15. Melinda Rose LaPree (Pascagoula, Mississippi; September 4th, 1982)

16. Dorothy Richards (Gray, Louisiana; September 14th, 1982)

17. West Memphis Jane Doe (West Memphis, Tennessee; 1984)

18. Carol Elford (Los Angeles, California; July 13th, 1987)

19. Guadalupe Abodaca (Los Angeles, California; August 14th, 1987)

20. Audrey Nelson (Los Angeles, California; September 3rd, 1989)

21. Ruby Lane (Perry, Florida; 1993)

22. Denise Christine Brothers (Odessa, Texas; January or February 1994)

23. Priscilla Baxter-Jones (Mississippi River, Tennessee, January 1996)?

24. Melissa Thomas (Opelousas, Louisiana; January 1996)

25. Daisy McGuire (Houma, Louisiana; February 6th, 1996)
  26. Nancy Carol Stevens (Tupelo, Mississippi, August 5th, 2005)

Thank you for your work. I hope every day that this sick monster will stay alive and alert enough to give every unidentified victim a name, and if possible, a dignified Christian burial.

God bless the families who have had no answers about their daughters, sisters, or mothers for ao long, and are hopeful/ fearful that their loved ones who left home at 15 are identified as a victim of Little's decades ago.
We know so well that closure, if there can ever be final justice, is cold comfort.

The reason I believe at least SOME of the drawings are copied from actual photos is because I saw this one of Denise B. and it looks way way too close to the actual photograph. Also facing in the same position and everything looks the same, except basically the hair is changed.
He may have a photographic memory and remembers details BUT I still believe he has looked at photos. Again that is just me.
I personally believe it's all bs. Attention seeking and maybe trying to be taken from prison to lead LE on a wild goose chase for their remains. I agree his drawing looks like the photo you reference.
When the news first broke about SL claiming to have a lot more victims out there, I remember reading that detectives could not find any victims which matched the demographics of his alleged victims. I wonder if he has internet access where he's incarcerated to search for missing persons to claim. I know that inmates in Florida prisons have access. At one point it was discovered that they where posting on dating websites. True fact.

9f944da6-956a-4134-adea-b830657760bc-large16x9_SamuelLittle_1542315488305.jpg_62319742_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Is this the same man who went by Cleveland Hill? Retha Lee Hiers – The Charley Project
Donyelle Chrishum Johnson – The Charley Project
Margaret R. Dash – The Charley Project

The dates don't match the missing clearwater women from the map on here though. A couple years off. ViCAP Links Murders to Prolific Serial Killer

I think this is an important thread. Hi everyone! I have not posted in a very long time but been a member for years.
I don’t care what his selfish reasons are for confessing and or helping to ID his victims, it is fascinating that he can vividly remember such detail about his victims. He spent time with these women, knowing he would seal their fate, he still held on to these details for so many years.
Unlike say, the Grim Sleeper who never admitted to knowing any of the women, he kept 100s of pictures, when shown his victims faces he would make degrading comments of their appearance and look away. He will go to the grave saying nothing.
This is a rare type of serial killer, he might be mixed up on many dates or timeframes but I don’t think he is lying.
MadamX I agree the first group of photos are way more dealtailed. It does look like he copied some glamour shots.
Important question ( maybe I should look it up) what was his main method of disposal? Did he just dump the bodies, hide them, did he bury them ?
So the possible victims will be unsolved homicides or suspicious deaths of identified females. Or unidentified remains found, Jane Does.. either way it’s a huge number of possibilities.

I think this is an important thread. Hi everyone! I have not posted in a very long time but been a member for years.
I don’t care what his selfish reasons are for confessing and or helping to ID his victims, it is fascinating that he can vividly remember such detail about his victims. He spent time with these women, knowing he would seal their fate, he still held on to these details for so many years.
Unlike say, the Grim Sleeper who never admitted to knowing any of the women, he kept 100s of pictures, when shown his victims faces he would make degrading comments of their appearance and look away. He will go to the grave saying nothing.
This is a rare type of serial killer, he might be mixed up on many dates or timeframes but I don’t think he is lying.
MadamX I agree the first group of photos are way more dealtailed. It does look like he copied some glamour shots.
Important question ( maybe I should look it up) what was his main method of disposal? Did he just dump the bodies, hide them, did he bury them ?
So the possible victims will be unsolved homicides or suspicious deaths of identified females. Or unidentified remains found, Jane Does.. either way it’s a huge number of possibilities.

You will read all the details here. It's a thorough, and long, read.
The Serial Killer and the ‘Less Dead’

Snips...

"In late November, seven months after her pursuit of Little had begun, Roberts got what she needed: another DNA hit. Little’s genetic material had been detected on the bra and fingernail kit of 41-year-old Carol Alford, who’d been found strangled in a residential South Central alleyway in July 1987. It was the tipping point. In January 2013, Assistant District Attorney Beth Silverman filed three charges of murder against Samuel Little."

Snips...

"To get the Brothers confession from the guy L.A. cops called the Choke-and-Stroke Killer, Holland played on the fact that Roberts was the person Little most loved to hate. “What can I tell you about Sam?” she’d told Holland the day before this first visit. “He loves peanut M&M’s, he hates women, and he really hates me. Oh yeah, and don’t call him a rapist. He’s way more sensitive about that than being a killer.”

Snips...

You will read all the details here. It's a thorough, and long, read.
The Serial Killer and the ‘Less Dead’

Snips...

"In late November, seven months after her pursuit of Little had begun, Roberts got what she needed: another DNA hit. Little’s genetic material had been detected on the bra and fingernail kit of 41-year-old Carol Alford, who’d been found strangled in a residential South Central alleyway in July 1987. It was the tipping point. In January 2013, Assistant District Attorney Beth Silverman filed three charges of murder against Samuel Little."

Snips...

"To get the Brothers confession from the guy L.A. cops called the Choke-and-Stroke Killer, Holland played on the fact that Roberts was the person Little most loved to hate. “What can I tell you about Sam?” she’d told Holland the day before this first visit. “He loves peanut M&M’s, he hates women, and he really ******* hates me. Oh yeah, and don’t call him a rapist. He’s way more sensitive about that than being a killer.”

Snips...
Thanks, that was an excellent article!

Interesting. I just found an article where Priscilla Baxter Jones's son believes this one is her. I think the drawing does look similar to the picture he provided. IMO.

Attachments

• serialkiller.jpg
    serialkiller.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 8
When he talks about his victims, it's like he's talking about visiting old friends ... Scary!
And he certainly seems to have a good memory, which leads me to believe he has "momentos" from the murders to nourish his memories. LE should press on that and find his stash. It could help identify these women.

Amateur opinion and speculation only

This is creepy. I guess it is helpful, but I don't like "feeding" the agenda here. This killer is enjoying his power, to re-live his crimes by drawing pictures. I suppose it gives victims families closure.

This is creepy. I guess it is helpful, but I don't like "feeding" the agenda here. This killer is enjoying his power, to re-live his crimes by drawing pictures. I suppose it gives victims families closure.
Yes, there is a risk of feeding his need for control and power. Too bad we can’t inspire him to reveal more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back