Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

17 February 2019.

It’s been one year little guy... One whole year already.

Today I am thinking of our little Lucas, his family and all those who fought endlessly to bring Lucas home, searching, creating fliers etc.

Personally I will never forget each and every one of you on this thread, Lucas will always hold a special place in my heart and I know many of you feel the same.

I see Lucas’ sweet little face every I come on to WS.

Hugs to all today (green heart emoji)

View attachment 169548 View attachment 169549
He brought me here and it’s so strange how quickly I even grew to love you all that posted here with me on countless , nights no one slept. Heck I’m even fairly a private person and I shared stuff with you ws friends. I haven’t shared with just anyone. I feel like I know so many of you. Along with Lucas I’ll never forget the people who posted along with me. Heck some of us are fairly local we may run into each other in our real life’s. Just never knowing it.

Lucas is always in many of our hearts today and always. I normally don't follow missing children's cases as they are so heartbreaking. For some reason Lucas captured me from the beginning. I had to keep following as I really thought there was so much hope in finding him alive. Then we all realized that wasn't going to happen.

I am so thankful to all of the local's on WS that came together to search for Lucas. Thanks you for your tireless hours of searching. All of you who did the background work to get flyers and radio announcements out there, Thank you.

Thanks to everyone who was here to be a support for one another in the search for Lucas!

Just stopping in to share my thoughts for little Lucas. I wasn't posting then only following along, I so admire all of your dedication and the wonderful relationships to one another, it was truly special on WS and still is IMO.

For very personal reasons his story touched me in a way I could not have expected. My heart was broken and I still can't look at his pics without crying, although now they are bittersweet tears knowing he is in Heaven, away from the hell he endured here on earth.

Thank you Lucas for being you. Batman has nothing on you kiddo! :)

Wow, a year.

Brings back a lot of memories, posting here from the get go, our theories, how angry and outraged we were (still are), our worst fears that ended up true.

But we stuck together, prayed, had amazing WSleuthers with boots on the ground, and shared all our emotions.

There was so much love on this case. Lucas brought us all together. I will NEVER forget you sweet boy, you touched me profoundly. So did the rest of you guys.

Oh Lucas, if all the love in our threads here alone could have saved you, you'd still be here with us. I think there was enough love in this thread to save three or four Lucas'. You have a piece of my heart up there with you buddy. I still get emotional over the little things that lead up to before you passed away- you losing your precious cat before moving to the new home, you being left alone while EG and her daughter went to Olive Garden, the domestic violence you witnessed between your Dad and EG. Seeing your Dad leave an imprint of his hand on EG's son. Those are the things we know about, and I don't even want to know about the things we don't know about, as I think it would just crush my heart and many others to hear any more.

Your smile and adorable ways will always be imprinted in my mind. I think of you daily. Today, I don't think I have to tell you to watch over your loved ones- this is a hard day for them, and they are grieving your loss today just as much as they did a year ago. Watch over your siblings, your Mom, grandma Robin, Uncle Bethany and Uncle Jeremy and the rest of your family.

Lotsa love to you, my Batman compadre.

Last edited:
Not a day goes by that I don't think of this sweet child. I was blessed to be able to attend the memorial, visit the bridge where he was found, and meet some of the searchers. @FindLucasAllen, please know that many loving thoughts are with you and the family today.

#teamlucas #foreverchanged

Oh Lucas, if all the love in our threads here alone could have saved you, you'd still be here with us. I think there was enough love in this thread to save three or four Lucas'. You have a piece of my heart up there with you buddy. I still get emotional over the little things that lead up to before you passed away- you losing your precious cat before moving to the new home, you being left alone while EG and her daughter went to Olive Garden, the domestic violence you witnessed between your Dad and EG. Seeing your Dad leave an imprint of his hand on EG's son. Those are the things we know about, and I don't even want to know about the things we don't know about, as I think it would just crush mine and many others to hear any more.

Your smile and adorable ways will always be imprinted in my mind. I think of you daily. Today, I don't think I have to tell you to watch over your loved ones- this is a hard day for them, and they are grieving your loss today just as much as they did a year ago. Watch over your siblings, your Mom, grandma Robin, Uncle Bethany and Uncle Jeremy and the rest of your family.

Lotsa love to you, my Batman compadre.
*sob*

https://www.ksn.com/news/local/remembering-lucas-one-year-after-his-disappearance/1790377238
Today marks the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Lucas Hernandez.

The five-year-old boy was reported missing from his Wichita home and his disappearance remained a mystery for months until his story came to a tragic end in Harvey County.

Today his parents and the volunteers who searched for him stopped by the site that is now a dedicated memorial to the boy's life.

Gifts and memories are placed at the site for the boy that captivated the hearts of many in Wichita and across Kansas.

KSN's Sara Berlinger spoke with Lucas' father, Jonathan Hernandez today. Hear more from him tonight on KSN News at 10:00.

All of you are just.. wonderful.

I've had plans all day to visit WS and share my thoughts about this last year, but every time I try I'm just not able to get the words out.

I wish this year never happened and I wish more than anything that we could go back and save him. I wish the anger that I still hold in my heart would finish going away. But since most of that is impossible, I'm going to try my best to be positive in this post.

Lucas changed us. He impacted the lives of strangers and brought people together. He changed our family. We're closer now. Things could have easily went the other direction. It would have been so easy to turn on each other with so many strong emotions flowing through all of us, but we stuck together. We're stronger, although some of us aren't able to see that yet.

More than anything, though, we just plain miss him. It's gotten easier, but that pain will never, ever go away.

Thank you, everyone. I never would have survived without Websleuths.

-Uncle Bethany

Not a day goes by that I don't think of this sweet child. I was blessed to be able to attend the memorial, visit the bridge where he was found, and meet some of the searchers. @FindLucasAllen, please know that many loving thoughts are with you and the family today.

#teamlucas #foreverchanged

Oh! I had no idea that you were able to attend Lucas's memorial. Thank you so much for coming and remembering him with us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back