Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just catching up on this case, did the media or cops release the address or location of that house she was last known to have been? I want to look at google maps for clues, thanks for any help.

I'm worried about this young lady. We all know after this much time, it does not look good for her family and children... So Sad

I'm just catching up on this case, did the media or cops release the address or location of that house she was last known to have been? I want to look at google maps for clues, thanks for any help.

I'm worried about this young lady. We all know after this much time, it does not look good for her family and children... So Sad

They’ve mentioned fall lick in the articles but nobody has officially published the address. A local paper posted the cross roads of the house searched but that’s been about the extent of it.

More than one home has been searched. One site can be determined through media, but media was asked not to divulge where the other address was located.

More than one home has been searched. One site can be determined through media, but media was asked not to divulge where the other address was located.
If I was the mother of Savannah I would rent an RV and park it outside her last known location and refuse to leave till I get answers! Just saying...

If I was the mother of Savannah I would rent an RV and park it outside her last known location and refuse to leave till I get answers! Just saying...

I think family has been to the FL site, but the other site has been kept out of the media. The house that was seen in the media, may not have been the last site that she was known to have been.

Thank you all for the "Welcome" !

I wonder why SS Facetimed Mom at 3 am instead of just calling or texting?
From earlier report, SS first hung up on her Mom, and shortly thereafter she facetimed with her from a car:

Ellen Spurlock said she called Savannah about 2:30 a.m.

“I was like, ‘Where are you at? You should be home by now,’” Ellen Spurlock said. “I guess she didn’t like my tone of voice and she hung up. She FaceTimed me right back from a car, and she said, ‘Everything is fine. I’m just having fun with friends. I promise I will be home later this morning.’ She seemed fine to me. She didn’t seem upset or under duress. She was coherent. Whenever she says she’s going to do something, she does it. She’s very responsible.”

‘I’m begging you.’ Missing Kentucky woman’s mom thinks men have more to tell.

I’m not aware of a separate team from Texas. The Midwest Ohio Chapter of Texas Equusearch is leaving. (Texas Equusearch is based in Dickinson Texas)
Thank you for clarifying...even though it is sad news

Reactions: byo
The way I see it, the **Three Males** and their families are being protected from public scrutiny by the local police. Witnesses, bartenders, servers, busboys, neighbors, the local media, "friends of the Three Males"...have been told by the police to keep their yaps shut. The police won't let you know what they don't want you to know......it's up to you to find out.
Compared to the people on websites like this, the local police have a wealth of information, but unfortunately,....the pace of the search of the investigation will only go as fast as they want it to.

The immediate family may know a little bit more about the investigation, but I'm sure the police have also instilled the fear of jeopardizing the investigation if anything leaked....

Last edited:
This wasn't clarified to the volunteer searchers. IMO it was for Savannah's phone, though.

I would think they have pings from the men's phones and when they pinged and when they were turned off. You would think those pings would help them out if the men disposed of her. If they turned their phones off when taking her dead body somewhere it would look suspicious for all their phones to be off at the same time or if all phones pinged in a place other than around that home. Also would show a location that would be searched.

Understand why Savannah's phone is important to track. Was thinking how important the guys phones are too.

I would think they have pings from the men's phones and when they pinged and when they were turned off. You would think those pings would help them out if the men disposed of her. If they turned their phones off when taking her dead body somewhere it would look suspicious for all their phones to be off at the same time or if all phones pinged in a place other than around that home. Also would show a location that would be searched.

Understand why Savannah's phone is important to track. Was thinking how important the guys phones are too.

Yeah, I get all that. I was just saying that we weren't told either way, but from reading between the lines, that's what I surmised.

Sorry for the delay in responding! It’s not perfect, but it weeds out an extremely high amount of spammers/scammers. It will also provide caller info on #s not stored in your contacts. It’s also FREE! I’m sure the paid version is much better & probably worth the money, but I just use the free one.

YouMail is the name. I use it on iOS, but I see it’s available for Android users also.
Thank you so much!!

So I have been thinking more about this case. Where the house is in Garrard County is only about 30 minutes from Richmond. That makes me think Savannah could have (very) casually known them - maybe had a chat once in a bar in Richmond? High school friends of friends? I have been focusing so much on how far GC is from Lexington that I didn't think about Savannah's actual hometown being quite close. She would have needed a ride anyway with a DUI case imminent and it makes some sense now that she believed they would take her home after a little more partying and she could get a lift to Lex the next day for her car.
So I think they went home and "partied" and something awful happened. She was raped and killed is most likely - maybe even "gang" raped by all three. If she overdosed someone would have come forward. I don't know if it happened in the house or car, but not all murder/rape is messy - ....so very little evidence and that's why no arrests. Then I think the man/men that did it got her pretty far out of town and somewhere remote in the early hours. Turned off her phone and were savvy enough to turn off their phones or leave them in the house. I don't think any pings anywhere else or they would not be searching so close.

I don't think any closure will happen for awhile unless these men can be waterboarded (just kidding).

Last edited:
So I have been thinking more about this case. Where the house is in Garrard County is only about 30 minutes from Richmond. That makes me think Savannah did (very) casually know them - maybe had a chat once in a bar in Richmond? High school friends of friends? I have been focusing so much on how far GC is from Lexington that I didn't think about Savannah's actual hometown being quite close - that might have made her feel more comfortable about going with them and thinking they would take her home after partying and she could get a lift to Lex the next day - I am sure she knew better than to drive drunk again with a DUI court case imminent so she had to leave her car anyway.

So I think they went home and "partied" and something awful happened. She was raped and killed is most likely - maybe even "gang" raped by all three. If she overdosed someone would have come forward. I don't know if it happened in the house or car, but not all murder/rape is messy - ....so very little evidence and that's why no arrests. Then I think the man/men that did it got her pretty far out of town and somewhere remote in the early hours. Turned off her phone, turned off their phones or left them in the house. I don't think any pings anywhere else or they would not be searching so close.

I don't think any closure will happen for awhile unless these men can be waterboarded (just kidding).

There's a chance she knew them, but I don't think she did. I've lived in or around Richmond for more than 30 years. I was a college student at EKU. I can count the number of people I know from Garrard County on one hand. The road from Lancaster to Richmond is long, dark, and curvy at night-not an ideal road to be traveling down after drinking. The Garrard County people I know tend to go out in Danville. When you're looking at the map, distance wise it doesn't look that far from Richmond, but actually living here and being a part of the culture is a little different. 20 years ago people would flock to Richmond on Thursday nights because we had a thriving downtown culture with more than a dozen small bars and dance clubs. They'd come from all surrounding counties. That downtown scene is now gone. There are still some good bars, of course, and you can definitely still go out and drink but it's not the scene that it once was. There's nothing real special for out of towners to come party in Richmond anymore-it's much more of just a local scene these days.

I can definitely believe that she met some random men, got to talking, and took them up on an offer to take her to her car or something. I'm not that old. I remember the days of going out and drinking and bonding with people at the bar after only hanging out for an hour or two. What sounds like a great idea at the time probably wouldn't when you're stone cold sober and in daylight. NOT implying that Savannah was heavily intoxicated, but I could see her having a drink or two, not wanting the night to end, and being game when one of the guys said, "Hey don't worry, we'll take you back to your car!" Or even, "Let's go to the Waffle House and grab a bite to eat. We'll take you back to your car later." We're not naive here, but we're awfully friendly.

I do think that something happened to her once she got to that house in GC. Whether all the men were involved, or just one of them, I don't have much of an opinion on. It could've been an accident that sent someone into a panic and now the thing has taken on a life of its own and they're too afraid to talk. Or it could've been flat out murder. Either way, I think someone is going to have to talk before we know.

Still, after all this time, my gut still tells me this was an overdose, accidental or not, that resulted in her being dumped somewhere to prevent others' involvement from being uncovered. Nothing to base this on but gut feeling, but that has been my gut feeling since very early on. JMO
Mine too
They admitted SS was in the house, so no surprise to find trace DNA
Apparently it was not a trashed crime scene
So her being there and being dumped somewhere makes sense
Nothing has been released about her phone other than it was “off” at 830am, we don’t know if that’s a turn off, battery died, or rendered inoperable (like dumped in water)
If she contacted someone to come get her, police have not given that indication

Last edited:

I would like to think they wouldn't be dumb enough to take their phones with them whilendisposing of a body. It wouldn’t be suspicious if the phones were left in the house where they all admittedly were.

What is the common denominator with this?....how do these guys know each other and end up at the bar that night? IMO drugs... 1 or more of these guys could have or is even selling drugs, 3 guy's aren't luring SS without intentions of sex IMO.. lets just say SS is into the guy she has a hold of in the pic, and hes the driver or the guy in the back seat of the car, why is the other car even following, simply for the party to continue?? IDK, its possible but IMO he has other motives as do the other 2 guys, and when SS finally realizes these guys aren't her friend, then it becomes a nightmare. I don't even like thinking about it, so much darkness in this world, we need more of GOD not less! I do and have been praying for closure.

There's a chance she knew them, but I don't think she did. I've lived in or around Richmond for more than 30 years. I was a college student at EKU. I can count the number of people I know from Garrard County on one hand. The road from Lancaster to Richmond is long, dark, and curvy at night-not an ideal road to be traveling down after drinking. The Garrard County people I know tend to go out in Danville. When you're looking at the map, distance wise it doesn't look that far from Richmond, but actually living here and being a part of the culture is a little different. 20 years ago people would flock to Richmond on Thursday nights because we had a thriving downtown culture with more than a dozen small bars and dance clubs. They'd come from all surrounding counties. That downtown scene is now gone. There are still some good bars, of course, and you can definitely still go out and drink but it's not the scene that it once was. There's nothing real special for out of towners to come party in Richmond anymore-it's much more of just a local scene these days.

I can definitely believe that she met some random men, got to talking, and took them up on an offer to take her to her car or something. I'm not that old. I remember the days of going out and drinking and bonding with people at the bar after only hanging out for an hour or two. What sounds like a great idea at the time probably wouldn't when you're stone cold sober and in daylight. NOT implying that Savannah was heavily intoxicated, but I could see her having a drink or two, not wanting the night to end, and being game when one of the guys said, "Hey don't worry, we'll take you back to your car!" Or even, "Let's go to the Waffle House and grab a bite to eat. We'll take you back to your car later." We're not naive here, but we're awfully friendly.

I didn't realize how difficult the journey was from the home in GC to Richmond. Although maybe she thought they would take her home in the morning when sobered up. Was it a weekend? I do feel badly for her. I had many childhood incidents - testified, did police "stake outs" and so I was far from naive, yet I think of some of things I did at that age (in Lexington!) and realize I was just lucky and poor Savannah was unlucky. I am shuddering just thinking of my poor decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member