UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know! IIRC the person who he claimed he got the pollen from says that didn't happen but I'd be interested to know more from this angle. £30 of pollen doesn't sound like a lot to me but I could be waaaay off. An eighth/3.5g maybe? I'm just wondering if he had any on him when arrested or when his place was searched.

£30 will translate into different weights depending on a number of factors. I suspect £30 of pollen from a dealer on an island would be substantially less that £30 worth of the same on the mainland.

I'd be curious about the following - everyone reacts differently to alcohol and drugs singularly, but this can be significantly more pronounced when the two are used in combination. The accused's mother stated that he had drank a bottle of wine "and MD 20/20" (although we don't know how much MD 20/20 was consumed). MD 20/20 is a particularly strong fortified wine (not dissimilar to Buckfast). This mixture of alcohol would undoubtedly cause substantial intoxication in a 16 year old. Drugs added to this mix would significantly increase the effects.

The abandoned school he claims to have walked past would appear to be even further south...can they not ascertain his movements from his phone atleast whilst he was carrying it on his person?

provided it's switched on, yes. I think we mentioned it earlier, should be able to get it down to 100 yards or so.

Apparently traces of cannabis stays in your hair for a very long time, couple of weeks I think. Not sure if they can tell from that though when the cannabis was taken.

I used to work for a company that carried out random drug tests on it's employees. Apparantly Cannabis is fat soluble and can stay in your system for 4-6 weeks where it can still be detected in urine and blood. Strand hair testing means it can be detected up to 3 months however that depends on how much the user smokes and/or ingests.

09:20KEY EVENT

Recap of day five - Suspect, 16, told pal he 'might kill for the lifetime experience'

During the fifth day of proceedings at Glasgow’s High Court, the jury was told how the murder accused claimed he might kill “for the lifetime experience”.

A friend told the court that she and the boy shared a “dark sense of humour”.

The jury was told the girl, 16, alerted officers about a chat she had with the boy on Facebook Messenger in January 2017.

She recalled: “It was a conversation about crime documentaries or TV shows.

“I remember he said that he would kill for the lifetime experience.”

Jurors were shown the message.

Another allegedly read: “I’d only kill you for reason so I’d probs go in your room anyways tryna get something and cover my tracks while I am at.”

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE49JPG.jpg

Alesha was reported missing before her body was found (Image: Daily Record)

Alesha MacPhail trial updates - boy in court over murder of six-year-old girl

09:26

“Found the guy who's done it”

On Friday, jurors also heard the 16-year-old appeared to send a message to friends the day Alesha went missing saying: “Found the guy who’s done it”.

A 16-year-old girl told the trial she had been in a Snapchat group with the boy and others last July when they started discussing reports Alesha was missing.

This involved “rumour, gossip and speculation”.

The boy had questioned how the girl would have left her home “without anyone noticing”.

Prosecutor Iain McSporran QC then asked this girl: “Did he post an image that you told police about?”

1_Alesha-MacPhail-body-found-on-the-Isle-of-Bute.jpg

Alesha MacPhail's body was found on the Isle of Bute last July (Image: Internet Unknown)
She said: “Yes, it was a video. It was him going into the bathroom and showing himself in the mirror...not his face, but his body.”

The girl said the boy then sent a message after the clip.

Mr McSporran: “What was it?”

She replied: “Found the guy who’s done it.”

The advocate depute: “What did you think?”

The girl: “Not much – a joke, a bad joke. When I found out he had been arrested I thought more about it.”

I used to work for a company that carried out random drug tests on it's employees. Apparantly Cannabis is fat soluble and can stay in your system for 4-6 weeks where it can still be detected in urine and blood. Strand hair testing means it can be detected up to 3 months however that depends on how much the user smokes and/or ingests.

Yep, the longest I have heard was beyond eight weeks.

If the accused is found guilty sentencing will not happen next week, the judge will pass the sentence about a month later after background reports etc are done. These reports dont get read out loud in court and are not made public knowledge. However the defence presenting any mitigating circumstances can be published. Saying that I dont see an apparently absent father being a mitigating factor in a crime like this.

On conviction of murder there is only one sentence applicable and that is life. However...

"Young people who are convicted of having murdered while under the age of 18 are sentenced to detention without limit of time..."

"Under the terms of the Crime and Punishment (Scotland) Act 1997 the judge must identify the 'designated part' of the sentence to be served in the interests of punishment and deterrence at the time of sentencing and decisions on release are taken by the Parole Board"

(Life Sentence Prisoners in Scotland)

In my experience, the sentence is handed down immediately upon conviction of murder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesmatthewsky
·
3m

Det const tells court he recovered 4 knives - there was no sign of a 5th knife

·
4m

Det Const. Graham McIlwraith tells court he attended accused’s house with search warrant 11 July 2018 for recovery of knife block &knives

·
9m

Trial resuming of 16 year-old boy who denies abduction, rape & murder of 6 year-old #Alesha MacPhail on Isle of Bute on 2 July 2018

It's half ter
£30 will translate into different weights depending on a number of factors. I suspect £30 of pollen from a dealer on an island would be substantially less that £30 worth of the same on the mainland.

I'd be curious about the following - everyone reacts differently to alcohol and drugs singularly, but this can be significantly more pronounced when the two are used in combination. The accused's mother stated that he had drank a bottle of wine "and MD 20/20" (although we don't know how much MD 20/20 was consumed). MD 20/20 is a particularly strong fortified wine (not dissimilar to Buckfast). This mixture of alcohol would undoubtedly cause substantial intoxication in a 16 year old. Drugs added to this mix would significantly increase the effects.

It would be wise to note too that it would also depend on if he was a regular drinker of alcohol - a 16 year old who never/rarely drinks will be more affected than a 16 who regularly drinks - add to that - his body size, if he'd eaten much prior to drinking - how long it took him to drink that amount AND if he actually drank that much by himself or shared/spilled/discarded ...

Personally - I don't think he was genuinely THAT drunk.

10:35KEY EVENT

'Knife was missing from accused's home'

The court has heard a knife was missing from the accused teenager’s home.

A detective constable, who was part of the investigation, is now giving evidence.

He tells the court he attended the boy’s house with a search warrant following Alesha’s death last July.

He says he recovered a knife block with five holes from the property - along with four knives.

There was no sign of a fifth knife, jurors are told.

Court told fingerprint of accused found on chair rail at house Alesha vanished from.

Expert says it’s not possible to tell when the fingerprint was put there.

Connor Gillies on Twitter

Fingerprint examiner Karen McBride agrees that marks made by right palm of accused found on chair rail leading upstairs at address where Alesha was staying

James Matthews on Twitter

Bbm

It's half ter

It would be wise to note too that it would also depend on if he was a regular drinker of alcohol - a 16 year old who never/rarely drinks will be more affected than a 16 who regularly drinks - add to that - his body size, if he'd eaten much prior to drinking - how long it took him to drink that amount AND if he actually drank that much by himself or shared/spilled/discarded ...

Personally - I don't think he was genuinely THAT drunk.

If i had consumed what he supposedly had the only thing i woukd be able to do is vomit and sleep.
I don't think he was that drunk either.

10:42

Boy's 'palm prints found inside home Alesha was staying in'

The boy’s palm prints were found inside the home Alesha was staying in, jurors have heard.

Fingerprint examiner Karen McBride is giving evidence.

She says marks made by the accused’s palm were discovered on a rail leading upstairs at the property where Alesha was staying.

However, the court hears it’s not possible to tell when the prints were left there.

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE49JPG.jpg

The little girl's body was discovered on the Isle of Bute(Image: Daily Record)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member