Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a three part series shown on BBC NI recently "The Search" which explains the work of SARtechs ( search and rescue technicians ) of the Community Rescue Service volunteers based in Northern Ireland.

Shows initial 500 metre search arc from last known location and river search techniques with small ribs and sonar etc. Also more arduous terrain searches such as tightly packed forests and bracken.

Episode 1 expires on 22nd Feb for those not in NI who may have missed it in the schedules and are interested.

The Search, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0byhv18 via @bbciplayer

I'm in NI myself and fairly sure you would need a UK ISP to view for those posters further flung.

Unfortunately bodies can take a considerable time to locate in water even if fairly near the initial search location.

Hoping that's not the case here.

Last edited:
Not moaning at you directly as a number of people are saying this but I really wish we could avoid this kind of scaremongering.

Why on earth would anyone be smuggling 21 year old English girls to Europe? For what purpose? We already have more than enough trafficked people coming from eastern europe, africa etc.

At the time my kids started kindergarten, there was an urban myth of people snatching babies at Ikea. Parents actually believed there were gangs of eastern europeans snatching babies/toddlers to order (a popular myth around the McCann case). So they wanted to increase security hugely etc etc. Yet this stuff just doesn't happen. But, when your kids go to school, then you confront the real incidents of sickos hanging around the school. So there is the real and unfortunately mundane/ common threat to kids at school, but people stealing your toddler to order is just nonsense.

Yet how many times on the kindergarten committee did parents raise the need to lock the gates etc etc

The urban myth you speak of, probably had truth as a basis. There was probably an attempt. It happens more than you care to believe. Just recently there have been numerous attempted child snatching reported in my area. I personally have also been on the receiving end of a child snatcher. My perp was a woman. We don't tend to shout about it but we might tell our friends who pass it who pass it on. The story probably gets chinese whisphered out of proprortion, but it has truth at the basis. I'm the opposite to you, I'd rather have a heads up to be keep an eye out/be careful than to be totally oblivious to something going on in my area.

Not moaning at you directly as a number of people are saying this but I really wish we could avoid this kind of scaremongering.

Why on earth would anyone be smuggling 21 year old English girls to Europe? For what purpose? We already have more than enough trafficked people coming from eastern europe, africa etc.

At the time my kids started kindergarten, there was an urban myth of people snatching babies at Ikea. Parents actually believed there were gangs of eastern europeans snatching babies/toddlers to order (a popular myth around the McCann case). So they wanted to increase security hugely etc etc. Yet this stuff just doesn't happen. But, when your kids go to school, then you confront the real incidents of sickos hanging around the school. So there is the real and unfortunately mundane/ common threat to kids at school, but people stealing your toddler to order is just nonsense.

Yet how many times on the kindergarten committee did parents raise the need to lock the gates etc etc

I understand your point of view, but it DOES happen. Here’s an example of a white western girl ending up a sex slave while on vacation in Greece:
I was sold into sexual slavery

Here’s a story of a young immigrant girl who was kidnapped in London and forced to prostitute herself. 'I was kidnapped in London and trafficked for sex'

Here’s a story of a student drugged and kidnapped for sex: 'I was kidnapped and sex trafficked in London as a student. It can happen to anybody'

According to the Telegraph:
“No one knows exactly how many people are sexually exploited in the UK, but estimates suggest thousands of women and men are trafficked into the sex trade in Britain each year. Home Office figures suggest as many as 13,000 people could be living as slaves in the country, with a majority of those working in the sex industry.”

As for why it happens. Young white western girls are worth a lot on the sex market, especially outside the western world. Healthy, clean, unspoiled by years of drug abuse are worth even more so.

I think we have to factor in that she was falling-down drunk, so her movements and decisions may not have been logical.
I think we have to factor in that she was falling-down drunk, so her movements and decisions may not have been logical.
She looked a little wobbly she didnt fall did she? Plus with the bad weather the paths vs alcohol wouldnt have been a good mixture in trying to walk in a straight line

Last edited:
She looked a little wobbly she didnt fall did she? Plus with the bad weather the paths vs alcohol wouldnt have been a good mixture in trying to walk in a straight line

Witnesses have said that she fell over after getting out of the taxi, and that the driver got out to help her up. But the point is that she was drunk, so probably wasn't thinking clearly.

The urban myth you speak of, probably had truth as a basis. There was probably an attempt. It happens more than you care to believe. Just recently there have been numerous attempted child snatching reported in my area. I personally have also been on the receiving end of a child snatcher. My perp was a woman. We don't tend to shout about it but we might tell our friends who pass it who pass it on. The story probably gets chinese whisphered out of proprortion, but it has truth at the basis. I'm the opposite to you, I'd rather have a heads up to be keep an eye out/be careful than to be totally oblivious to something going on in my area.

The Ikea / Baby snatching is on Snopes.

No gangs are stealing babies/toddlers to order. Of course kids are at risk from predators who hang around schools etc - typically these kids are significantly older than toddlers.

Anyway the point is, there are plenty of dangers faced by women on their own at night. We don't need to invent scare stories.

I don’t know what to think to be honest. It’s a very different scenario than lifting a drunk girl off a road in a student area and managing to completely conceal her and remove all evidence. Don’t think anything would surprise me anymore though!

It is very different, Trafficking is the moving of people from place to place for profit, taking one girl off the street would still be abduction but I think people want to believe it's 'Traffickers' doing the abducting which they don't generally. They would also be risking huge organisations and their ability to make money longterm just to take a girl from the UK to where? when there are millions of girls voluntarily travelling to places, they just exploit them when they get here. It's just not how they work. Why would they change the way they operate for one young woman?
I'm sorry to say it but I think its a silly theory which would involve these almost fairy tale or TV style 'baddies' going round in gangs snatching random people off the street like in a bad TV show with a plot that makes no sense. It's going round and round though as a theory and probably will until Libby is found!

Our injured GoPro cyclist is in the Hull daily mail , I’m not going to link incase they don’t want their name in this post, hope they catch the driver

Sending best wishes for your recovery

I saw this too this morning. Hope you're feeling better soon

I understand your point of view, but it DOES happen. Here’s an example of a white western girl ending up a sex slave while on vacation in Greece:

Here’s a story of a young immigrant girl who was kidnapped in London and forced to prostitute herself. 'I was kidnapped in London and trafficked for sex'

Here’s a story of a student drugged and kidnapped for sex: 'I was kidnapped and sex trafficked in London as a student. It can happen to anybody'

“No one knows exactly how many people are sexually exploited in the UK, but estimates suggest thousands of women and men are trafficked into the sex trade in Britain each year. Home Office figures suggest as many as 13,000 people could be living as slaves in the country, with a majority of those working in the sex industry.”

As for why it happens. Young white western girls are worth a lot on the sex market, especially outside the western world. Healthy, clean, unspoiled by years of drug abuse are worth even more so.

I covered this in my post. Plenty of teenagers and vulnerable adults go missing every week and there is no fuss about it.

What is not typical is snatching people off the street to be sold into slavery in the middle of Hull

Did anybody see the posts that where posted by a local with infomation on 2 men acting suspicious outside there house in the cemetery with a spade and hoods up the day after L.S disappeared. And on the 6th of Feb another woman from East Hull took a picture and described the same guys to a T whispering and then quickly jumping in a white van and driving off?

A woman...this is beyond terrifying to me...

20 year old lad said “
We asked her if she was all right and she mumbled something incomprehensible. Libby started walking away from her front door.

“She was stumbling and fell over. We were going to help but the taxi driver got out and helped her up.”

I didn't know the taxi driver got out and helped her up. That is good of him/her. Do we know if it was a licenced taxi?

Did anybody see the posts that where posted by a local with infomation on 2 men acting suspicious outside there house in the cemetery with a spade and hoods up the day after L.S disappeared. And on the 6th of Feb another woman from East Hull took a picture and described the same guys to a T whispering and then quickly jumping in a white van and driving off?
Apparently the dates were incorrect - witness got dates wrong. We know anyway that the cemetery was searched and nothing found. If you google “screams” and “hull cemetery” though, you’ll find an interesting story!

Yes. But one was wearing a red hoodie. Who wears a bright red hoodie if they are trying to do something nefarious and surrepticious?

Apparently the dates were incorrect - witness got dates wrong. We know anyway that the cemetery was searched and nothing found. If you google “screams” and “hull cemetery” though, you’ll find an interesting story!

Thanks for clearing that up

Very interesting. There was two different witnesses so could they both be wrong though still suspicious. But i never knew that area was searched puts my mind more to rest.

Just to note, this first article rather typifies how vulnerable girls get targeted in reality

1. was 14 years old yet moved in with albanian boyfriend in foreign country
2. mother was alcoholic who allowed the above
3. presumably no access to money, passport etc

In the above situation you already have statutory rape of a minor by an abuser.

So yeah, running off with abusive men as a young teenager in a foreign country is definitely how you can find yourself enslaved.

There was a three part series shown on BBC NI recently "The Search" which explains the work of SARtechs ( search and rescue technicians ) of the Community Rescue Service volunteers based in Northern Ireland.

Shows initial 500 metre search arc from last known location and river search techniques with small ribs and sonar etc. Also more arduous terrain searches such as tightly packed forests and bracken.

Episode 1 expires on 22nd Feb for those not in NI who may have missed it in the schedules and are interested.

The Search, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0byhv18 via @bbciplayer

I'm in NI myself and fairly sure you would need a UK ISP to view for those posters further flung.

Unfortunately bodies can take a considerable time to locate in water even if fairly near the initial search location.

Hoping that's not the case here.

I have a sinking feeling it is the case

The only other possibility is somehow she is hidden other way they haven't tumbled on. But I believe they have his movements via CCTV and he didn't have a lot of time to come up with clever hiding places.

I don't think anyone would argue that its not possible that she was snatched for trafficking, of course its possible, its just improbable.

The two examples you cited are exactly the type of vulnerable people I think of being at risk for trafficking. One was 14 and living alone with a strange man she had just met weeks earlier in a foreign country. The second was a model desperate for cash who went to this man's apartment without telling anyone where she was or even better bringing someone along. I mention that because it hints that she really needed the money/job to take such risks. Her case is more like an abduction and my guess is if she had been missing for much longer there would have been a manhunt.

It wouldn't be very good for business to snatch girls who would cause 1000 policemen to search for you for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021