UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re cctv at accused’s house in early hrs 2 July 2018, Advocate-despite Iain McSporran QC counts 32 secs between 1st floor light going on and accused leaving house. DC Lisa Whitelaw agrees if he had a shower it couldn’t have been a long shower

James Matthews on Twitter

So it's possible he didn't have a shower? If he needed to wash off evidence it would have been a longer one? Unless he showered in the dark.

Was anything DNA related recovered from the bathroom?

Did he tell his mother how much he drank or did she see him drink that much? If she asked how much did you drink and he said such and such. He could have easily exaggerated how much he drank for all sorts of excuses. Any information from him is not reliable.

I would think he told his mother - somehow I don't think she was around all night checking his alcohol intake. I agree, he could easily have exaggerated.

I’m not too sure how court order works. Does the prosecution give they’re case in full and after that the defence will pick holes in the evidence and basically cast reasonable doubt after they are aware of the prosecutions evidence in full ?

The defence cross-examines the prosecution witnesses while they are on the stand. When it's the defence's turn (after prosecution has rested) they can call their own witnesses (and the prosecution can cross-examine them). The defence will try (and has tried) to prove a reasonable doubt. Bear in mind in Scotland there is the option of a "not proven" verdict.

Re cctv at accused’s house in early hrs 2 July 2018, Advocate-despite Iain McSporran QC counts 32 secs between 1st floor light going on and accused leaving house. DC Lisa Whitelaw agrees if he had a shower it couldn’t have been a long shower

And yet his mother said, last week, she heard the boiler go on and that he was very noisy in the shower ?
I think, as we previously discussed, he only put the light on as he was leaving the bathroom - just checking that the shower floor was clear of blood etc

Connor Gillies - Twitter

DC Whitelaw says she was familiar with the area and had walked between locations of interest. Witness says it took her almost 6 minutes to walk from accused’s home to house where Alesha was staying

I'm wondering if I have missed something, can anyone help? Alesha was found naked. Do we know if her clothing (presumably she was wearing pyjamas or a nightie in bed) has been found or mentioned?

12:27

Court told about CCTV of accused leaving and entering home

The police officer is now speaking about CCTV footage of the boy leaving and entering his home.

The footage was captured early on July 2 last year, the court hears.

The accused teenager cannot be named for legal reasons.

The trial is being held before judge Lord Matthews.

0_THP_CHpP_140219SLUG_2665JPG.jpg

A post-mortem found Alesha died from "pressure to neck and face" (Image: Facebook)

Knife 'missing' from home of teen accused of Alesha MacPhail murder

I'm wondering if I have missed something, can anyone help? Alesha was found naked. Do we know if her clothing (presumably she was wearing pyjamas or a nightie in bed) has been found or mentioned?

Her clothing was found lying near to her in the woods

edited - by It ... I meant her clothing

09:20KEY EVENT

Recap of day five - Suspect, 16, told pal he 'might kill for the lifetime experience'

During the fifth day of proceedings at Glasgow’s High Court, the jury was told how the murder accused claimed he might kill “for the lifetime experience”.

A friend told the court that she and the boy shared a “dark sense of humour”.

The jury was told the girl, 16, alerted officers about a chat she had with the boy on Facebook Messenger in January 2017.

She recalled: “It was a conversation about crime documentaries or TV shows.

“I remember he said that he would kill for the lifetime experience.”

Jurors were shown the message.

Another allegedly read: “I’d only kill you for reason so I’d probs go in your room anyways tryna get something and cover my tracks while I am at.”

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE49JPG.jpg

Alesha was reported missing before her body was found (Image: Daily Record)

Alesha MacPhail trial updates - boy in court over murder of six-year-old girl

"Another allegedly read: “I’d only kill you for reason so I’d probs go in your room anyways tryna get something and cover my tracks while I am at.”

I wonder if by 'get something' he is hinting at sex/rape, or if he means to steal an object etc..

I think he literally just whipped off his clothes and grabbed shorts and out to dump them.
Had they not been in the sea, I imagine they would've been teeming with forensics .. even with the sea I'd hope there'd still be something.

Connor Gillies - Twitter

DC Whitelaw says she was familiar with the area and had walked between locations of interest. Witness says it took her almost 6 minutes to walk from accused’s home to house where Alesha was staying

I wonder by witness, are they referring to the accused's mother - who I think was quoted last week as saying the walk was 7 minutes.
Or by witness, do they mean DC Whitelaw.
If the latter, then I don't think this comparison is ideal.
It might take her 6 minutes, but I would expect a 16 yr old boy to do that distance in much less time.

I wonder by witness, are they referring to the accused's mother - who I think was quoted last week as saying the walk was 7 minutes.
Or by witness, do they mean DC Whitelaw.
If the latter, then I don't think this comparison is ideal.
It might take her 6 minutes, but I would expect a 16 yr old boy to do that distance in much less time.

I think they’re meaning DC Whitelaw and yes your right, I would expect a teenager to carry out the walk quicker. Everyone walks at different paces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.