UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder by witness, are they referring to the accused's mother - who I think was quoted last week as saying the walk was 7 minutes.
Or by witness, do they mean DC Whitelaw.
If the latter, then I don't think this comparison is ideal.
It might take her 6 minutes, but I would expect a 16 yr old boy to do that distance in much less time.

I have walked that route and it took me about 5 minutes walking fast. If he was running he would be able to cover the distance in an even shorter time. Especially if he is used to running fast doing parkour.

So unbelievably slow today. I’ve mailed Connor on twitter asking why this is and asking what the accused demeanour is in court. Figured since someone on here got a response from a reporter I would try my luck. Although Connor is reporter of the year, might think too much of himself to respond to the likes of moi...

Connor Gillies - Twitter

Mr Benson describes the seizure of the accused’s iPhone. His job was to extract data for the inquiry team. Court shown logs from the accused’s phone where calls have been made to Alesha’s dad at 1.39am and Toni McLauglin at 1.47am. No calls were answered.

Connor Gillies - Twitter

Internet history on the accused’s phone now discussed. “How do police find dna” was searched on Google on 3rd July. Short time later a website was opened titled “collecting DNA evidence” with information displayed

BINGO!

Connor Gillies - Twitter

Internet history on the accused’s phone now discussed. “How do police find dna” was searched on Google on 3rd July. Short time later a website was opened titled “collecting DNA evidence” with information displayed

BINGO!
Devil's Advocate: Couldn't he explain this by saying his mum mentioned DNA (which she already testified to) so he looked it up based on her suggestion?

It might be slower today due to the amount of different witnesses. They will have to go over each ones credentials and work history before they testify which might take time. I also remember when I sat on a jury they did a short presentation to explain fingerprints, DNA, etc, like a short school lesson covering the basics so perhaps they are doing something like that as well?

Connor Gillies - Twitter

BINGO!

Would really love to know the timing of these searches - was it after he had been interviewed at home by the police, as a witness

Connor Gillies - Twitter

BINGO!
but wasn't this after his mum told him that whoever abducted Alesha would have left their dna behind? if he searched after this then it could be excused away by him saying he looked it up out of interest because he didn't understand dna fully etc..

Connor Gillies - Twitter

Witness says software used by police is unable to properly read Instagram last year. He was intructed to re look at this and concludes there is “no indication of contact” between accused and Toni McLachlan on Instagram during period of the murder.

BBM get better software, send the phone to labs where the software is readable. Jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson