Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

'I miss him everyday': Lucas Hernandez' father talks about son, one year since disappearance
Wichita's son. It's how thousands refer to Lucas Hernandez, the five-year-old whose disappearance remained a mystery for months, until his body was found in rural Harvey County.

Today marks one year since the young boy first went missing. KSN's Sara Berlinger talked to his father about Lucas' legacy.

I met Jonathan Hernandez at a place you may not expect. It's the area his son's body was discovered last May. But he and others say it's become a memorial for Lucas and even a year later, they remember his light here.

Among the trees and brush on this Harvey County road stands a cross, surrounded by flowers and gifts for a beloved little boy. His name? Lucas.

[...]

It isn't a dark place, but rather, a place his mother and father can talk to him. And others who searched for him.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him or remember things that we would do," said Hernandez.

Hernandez says whether they were cleaning the house or cooking dinner, little Lucas wanted to be close.

[...]

Lucas captured the hearts of thousands, some of them, joining his parents Sunday. They say although it's difficult to think about what happened to Lucas, it's important to keep his memory alive. And they look forward to the day they meet again.

"I love my boy very much, and I miss him everyday," said Hernandez.

The two women who joined Jonathan are part of Texas EquuSearch Kansas, which formed because of the search for Lucas. They say their mission is to use this army to protect children throughout the state.

'I miss him everyday': Lucas Hernandez' father talks about son, one year since disappearance
Wichita's son. It's how thousands refer to Lucas Hernandez, the five-year-old whose disappearance remained a mystery for months, until his body was found in rural Harvey County.

Today marks one year since the young boy first went missing. KSN's Sara Berlinger talked to his father about Lucas' legacy.

I met Jonathan Hernandez at a place you may not expect. It's the area his son's body was discovered last May. But he and others say it's become a memorial for Lucas and even a year later, they remember his light here.

Among the trees and brush on this Harvey County road stands a cross, surrounded by flowers and gifts for a beloved little boy. His name? Lucas.

[...]

It isn't a dark place, but rather, a place his mother and father can talk to him. And others who searched for him.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him or remember things that we would do," said Hernandez.

Hernandez says whether they were cleaning the house or cooking dinner, little Lucas wanted to be close.

[...]

Lucas captured the hearts of thousands, some of them, joining his parents Sunday. They say although it's difficult to think about what happened to Lucas, it's important to keep his memory alive. And they look forward to the day they meet again.

"I love my boy very much, and I miss him everyday," said Hernandez.

The two women who joined Jonathan are part of Texas EquuSearch Kansas, which formed because of the search for Lucas. They say their mission is to use this army to protect children throughout the state.
Tears......again. That sweet little boy...

Crap just went I thought I was done crying. For the poster above. I believe Lucas did save life’s. More then just the one I know about. He woke up the community. I can no longer resist the urge , I’m going to go pull my grand out of his crib and hold him awhile . I so want to hold Lucas give him a hug let him know he’s loved by so many. But my little Z is the closest I can get ! I’ll have a hour before it’s time to get him and his aunt ready for school. I need to hold him because I can’t lucas. How a little boy I never met effect me so.

Truthfully I never thought my little Z would ever make it to even attend his first year of preschool. He’s thriving now he’s not that little timid toddler I used to know . Thank you Lucas you are my hero always and forever.

I have to share this with you guys. No one else will “get it”. Z He’s a little boy now he’ll be 4 in July .last week he just discovered super hero’s might be more cool then paw patrol. He asked for a Batman out of the blue yesterday. I bawled ,he’s never mentioned Batman before, then I got goose bumps .. lucas were you talking to him? After school today my daughter (14) Has a dr appointment in Wichita today (20 min from where we are) . If it goes well and she gets out of the cast she’s been in for 3 months and we can ditch the wheel chair. I plan to stop at the target there ( none closer to us). I’m buying Z a Batman. Then I’m buying a duplicate for Lucas. Before coming home if the above works out. We will also stop by and see the little memorial out there for Lucas. For the first time. Z will leave lucas’s BatmAn it for him. Someday Z will be told about the little boy Lucas who changed his life . Who changed hundreds of life.

@FindLucasAllen thank you for sharing your sweet little man with us here. Know he’ll never be forgotten. Please never doubt yourself or beat yourself up thinking you should of done more. I personally know it’s NOT easy it’s not like people think to change a situation. I think little Lucas was on everyone’s mind and heart even the judge we had knew of Lucas. ( she had his poster on her desk ). I believe he is part of the reason things worked so easily for us. Lucas was on everyone’s mind. I wish I could hug you today and all those family members that loved him so very much.

Sorry for the length

Crap just went I thought I was done crying. For the poster above. I believe Lucas did save life’s. More then just the one I know about. He woke up the community. I can no longer resist the urge , I’m going to go pull my grand out of his crib and hold him awhile . I so want to hold Lucas give him a hug let him know he’s loved by so many. But my little Z is the closest I can get ! I’ll have a hour before it’s time to get him and his aunt ready for school. I need to hold him because I can’t lucas. How a little boy I never met effect me so.

Truthfully I never thought my little Z would ever make it to even attend his first year of preschool. He’s thriving now he’s not that little timid toddler I used to know . Thank you Lucas you are my hero always and forever.

I have to share this with you guys. No one else will “get it”. Z He’s a little boy now he’ll be 4 in July .last week he just discovered super hero’s might be more cool then paw patrol. He asked for a Batman out of the blue yesterday. I bawled ,he’s never mentioned Batman before, then I got goose bumps .. lucas were you talking to him? After school today my daughter (14) Has a dr appointment in Wichita today (20 min from where we are) . If it goes well and she gets out of the cast she’s been in for 3 months and we can ditch the wheel chair. I plan to stop at the target there ( none closer to us). I’m buying Z a Batman. Then I’m buying a duplicate for Lucas. Before coming home if the above works out. We will also stop by and see the little memorial out there for Lucas. For the first time. Z will leave lucas’s BatmAn it for him. Someday Z will be told about the little boy Lucas who changed his life . Who changed hundreds of life.

@FindLucasAllen thank you for sharing your sweet little man with us here. Know he’ll never be forgotten. Please never doubt yourself or beat yourself up thinking you should of done more. I personally know it’s NOT easy it’s not like people think to change a situation. I think little Lucas was on everyone’s mind and heart even the judge we had knew of Lucas. ( she had his poster on her desk ). I believe he is part of the reason things worked so easily for us. Lucas was on everyone’s mind. I wish I could hug you today and all those family members that loved him so very much.

Sorry for the length

That is so lovely <3

I keep being drawn back to this thread. I was here from the very beginning of the story and the end will never come because I too, will never forget this beautiful, warm, adorable little boy. Lucas...we miss you so. I hope you are playing with a lot of little children....that beautiful smile etched across your face.

My birthday was on the 15th Lucas and my cake was cotton candy ice cream.
I saved a slice for you precious boy.
Love always,
Chi
52690303_2630260163667354_1051132171261050880_n.jpg

All of you are just.. wonderful.

I've had plans all day to visit WS and share my thoughts about this last year, but every time I try I'm just not able to get the words out.

I wish this year never happened and I wish more than anything that we could go back and save him. I wish the anger that I still hold in my heart would finish going away. But since most of that is impossible, I'm going to try my best to be positive in this post.

Lucas changed us. He impacted the lives of strangers and brought people together. He changed our family. We're closer now. Things could have easily went the other direction. It would have been so easy to turn on each other with so many strong emotions flowing through all of us, but we stuck together. We're stronger, although some of us aren't able to see that yet.

More than anything, though, we just plain miss him. It's gotten easier, but that pain will never, ever go away.

Thank you, everyone. I never would have survived without Websleuths.

-Uncle Bethany
Green+Heart+Wallpapers.jpg

This appeared in my memories today:

View attachment 177268

<3
Every single picture of little Lucas touches my soul. What a precious, sweet little boy. I wish his days on earth would have been filled with kindness, caring, love and happiness. Every single child deserves that. I know he's running and playing and will be hunting Easter eggs in heaven! :)

I stopped by Lucas' Spot on the way home from my daughter's this afternoon. On the drive there, I felt so thankful for Lucas' life and the life he put back into me. It honestly was a privilege to be involved in his story which I believe is still being written. I often look at my beautiful grandson and think of how much Lucas gave back to me. (Uncle Bethany knows what I mean even if I sound half baked here. :) )

I don't remember seeing this cross before but mind you, I may have seen a pic of it but my memory is really lacking!!

upload_2019-4-8_18-3-22.png

I stopped by Lucas' Spot on the way home from my daughter's this afternoon. On the drive there, I felt so thankful for Lucas' life and the life he put back into me. It honestly was a privilege to be involved in his story which I believe is still being written. I often look at my beautiful grandson and think of how much Lucas gave back to me. (Uncle Bethany knows what I mean even if I sound half baked here. :) )

I don't remember seeing this cross before but mind you, I may have seen a pic of it but my memory is really lacking!!

View attachment 178621

View attachment 178621

What a beautiful cross in memory of Lucas!

Thanks for all you did Pink and Mr Pink along with the others also!

View attachment 178621

Thank you for sharing <3

I hope some day I get the opportunity to visit and leave something for Lucas.

Hello wonderful people....I'm a little late but Lucas wouldn't mind. I can't believe that its been a year. In today's world of selfishness, you all are amazing. You gave your time, money, and most of all energy to find little buddy. I thank you for being an inspiration. Pink, glad to hear grandbaby is doing good. I have news....grand on the way for my daughter in October!
I think of Lucas all the time.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back