Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bartenders, servers, people who were in the bar that evening........no public statements...............
It's a shame. If she/they were at the bar, bartenders see and keep up with quite a bit of what is going on. If they were at a table it is less likely but possible the server had info. Certainly they would have talked to them first before even tracking down the 3 guys. I would say they had some info to share but it isn't public.

If this case doesn’t end up being prosecuted, I don’t think it’s going to at the hands of LE. Unless there’s some kind of confession or strong, credible corroborating witnesses, they need to find her body. You can dig up quite a few cases from KY where evidence seems pretty overwhelming as far as guilt is concerned but they’ve not been charged. In most of those cases, the victim hasn’t been recovered. I can think of 5 in just the last few years that I’ve followed.

Yep. There’s no telling how far they could’ve gotten since they had a fairly decent head start on LE. She was last seen at 232am Friday morning, 1/5, on surveillance. LE spoke to the guy in the s10 that Tuesday, 1/8. There’s essentially a whole weekend worth of time that has to be accounted for. You can get into one of the surrounding states and back within 10 hours. I highly doubt she’s in GC.
Same Here. Now I'm thinking Daniel Boone National Forest. There are isolated exits and side roads with easy access to woods. No-one will be nosey and question why you are stopped there, although I bet lots of folks dump their garbage there.

Same Here. Now I'm thinking Daniel Boone National Forest. There are isolated exits and side roads with easy access to woods. No-one will be nosey and question why you are stopped there, although I bet lots of folks dump their garbage there.

Yeh there are all kinds of places. Driving through the state, it’s mostly hills and trees. It’s also not a huge state and you can get across state lines and back in a fairly short amount of time. And across those lines- more hills and trees.

It's a shame. If she/they were at the bar, bartenders see and keep up with quite a bit of what is going on. If they were at a table it is less likely but possible the server had info. Certainly they would have talked to them first before even tracking down the 3 guys. I would say they had some info to share but it isn't public.

Just because they haven't done any public interviews or made public statements doesn't mean that they weren't interviewed by LE. I'd almost wager that these folks were among the first that were spoken to.

I would hope someone would come forward in the event of an accidental OD but that’s not always the case. Our Good Samaritan law would keep someone out of trouble if something like that were to happen. However, ky federally charges dealers who are found to be the source of an OD. The fear of spending your life in prison can make people do really ignorant things.
OD's are way too common here as well. Some are reported publicly as such and some are just kept quiet by family discretion. An anonymous call or anything would be helpful.

Yeh there are all kinds of places. Driving through the state, it’s mostly hills and trees. It’s also not a huge state and you can get across state lines and back in a fairly short amount of time. And across those lines- more hills and trees.
Mine shafts, sink holes, and old wells are probably go to places for crooks that know the area to dispose of a body other than in bodies of water. :(

If I were hiding a body, I'd probably steer clear of Daniel Boone and the Gorge. The national forest isn't quite as secluded as it may appear and some paths actually get heavy traffic even in the winter. (Fines are pretty heavy for dumping, too, so the forest tends to be fairly clear of garbage.) If they were familiar with it, though, then they might know a good place to stop. They really wouldn't have have to go all the way to Daniel Boone, though. Once you head east of Richmond, you're looking at pretty much nothing but farms, trees, and mountains. Many places that one could stop. There are areas in Jackson County and Rockcastle County that I've never encountered another human being in while I was there. In addition to the trees, we have thousands of old wells, cisterns, sink holes, and caves all over central Kentucky-not to mention all the lakes, creeks, rivers, culverts, and ponds. Our farm alone has 2 cisterns, 2 wells, and 3 ponds and none of that is unusual for around here. Really, if one had the time, it's kind of a cornucopia for hiding places here.

Mine shafts, sink holes, and old wells are probably go to places for crooks that know the area to dispose of a body other than in bodies of water. :(
Isolated woods a small walk from a roadside, where a shallow grave isn't necessary. Just pile rocks and branches on top. Many criminals strip the victim so a connection cant be made with clothes or jewelry.......but Savannah had tatoos!!! Within a certain time frame that will help...to identify...

There's a chance she knew them, but I don't think she did. I've lived in or around Richmond for more than 30 years. I was a college student at EKU. I can count the number of people I know from Garrard County on one hand. The road from Lancaster to Richmond is long, dark, and curvy at night-not an ideal road to be traveling down after drinking. The Garrard County people I know tend to go out in Danville. When you're looking at the map, distance wise it doesn't look that far from Richmond, but actually living here and being a part of the culture is a little different. 20 years ago people would flock to Richmond on Thursday nights because we had a thriving downtown culture with more than a dozen small bars and dance clubs. They'd come from all surrounding counties. That downtown scene is now gone. There are still some good bars, of course, and you can definitely still go out and drink but it's not the scene that it once was. There's nothing real special for out of towners to come party in Richmond anymore-it's much more of just a local scene these days.

I can definitely believe that she met some random men, got to talking, and took them up on an offer to take her to her car or something. I'm not that old. I remember the days of going out and drinking and bonding with people at the bar after only hanging out for an hour or two. What sounds like a great idea at the time probably wouldn't when you're stone cold sober and in daylight. NOT implying that Savannah was heavily intoxicated, but I could see her having a drink or two, not wanting the night to end, and being game when one of the guys said, "Hey don't worry, we'll take you back to your car!" Or even, "Let's go to the Waffle House and grab a bite to eat. We'll take you back to your car later." We're not naive here, but we're awfully friendly.

I do think that something happened to her once she got to that house in GC. Whether all the men were involved, or just one of them, I don't have much of an opinion on. It could've been an accident that sent someone into a panic and now the thing has taken on a life of its own and they're too afraid to talk. Or it could've been flat out murder. Either way, I think someone is going to have to talk before we know.
it was 230a, she was alone after refusing to go home with friends who drove here there. your theory is 1 or 2 drinks. wasn't there a report that suggested at time she left she was heavily intoxicated?

it was 230a, she was alone after refusing to go home with friends who drove here there. your theory is 1 or 2 drinks. wasn't there a report that suggested at time she left she was heavily intoxicated?

There have been conflicting reports. Her mom said she sounded intoxicated in an interview. Tony Wade of Cajun Coast SAR was shown the surveillance vid and he stated that she didn’t seem heavily intoxicated.

OD's are way too common here as well. Some are reported publicly as such and some are just kept quiet by family discretion. An anonymous call or anything would be helpful.
Yes. I had a former roommate in college who (it was thought) was an OD. They found him zipped up in a sleeping bag in Percy Warner Park outside Nashville...Kept quiet because the family was influential.

I’m confused about the surveillance photos of savannah, the man she was holding arms with is also in another one of the photos and it looks like he’s behind her waiting on something as he’s facing the other direction.

That wasn't my "theory". It was simply a hypothetical that wasn't specific to her case. As far as the "heavily intoxicated" quote goes, there have been conflicting reports. And yes, I am very well aware that it was 2 in the morning. I have followed this case from the beginning, I live here, and my husband has been participating in the state-sanctioned searches for several weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj