Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police do not generally issue daily updates on how their serious crime investigations are progressing. That does not mean that those investigations have slowed down or reached a dead end.
If no updates get provided the next indication of how the investigation is going is likely to be a review by an external team.

I understood that was her friend the shrugging boy in the video that said it was at his male friends house and that they all went out after. He confirmed they had gone to the Welly after going to ATM, Libby was already in the taxi by the time they got to the Welly. I took they as the two boys.

Three different males; Ryan Tweddell is the friend in the video, Tom Tulley and Leon Caplin saw Libby arrive home in the taxi:

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro.../libby-squire-missing-friend-reveals-13944318

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro.../missing-libby-squire-neighbours-saw-13948024

Has there been any indication that PR did any taxi work, or is this just speculation?

CCTV and eye witness accounts spoke of Libby being barely able to walk/stand, basically drunk as a skunk, the idea that in her condition she could out run a super fit body builder like PR in a park if she was trying to escape him just does not add up to me, not physically possible

Adrenaline can have a great effect. And shock or fear can cause people to sober up very quickly.

If no updates get provided the next indication of how the investigation is going is likely to be a review by an external team.

That would be a long way off.

Hi all. Been lurking for a while. My theory, PR was her 'taxi' driver home. He helped the police with their enquiries... They may have been alerted by something from him but wanted to keep him on side to keep under obs hence the 'he was ever so helpful' to the press.
PR therefore knew LS was drunk and vulnerable. He may have even suggested that if she can't get in to her house that she could wait for him at the bench and he'll taxi her back to her mates
The lack of updates/info released by LE says to me that they made a booboo somewhere early on in the investigation... Be this not following through on a mega lead or maybe even underestimating PR.

It was the grey-haired man who saw Libby near the bench police described as really helpful:

https://www-mirror-co-uk.cdn.amppro...s/missing-libby-squire-police-search-13941665

Further to my first post, I also don't believe I have read anywhere if PRs wife and kids were home. Who's to say he didn't take her there?? When I was on maternity leave, I made the most of being able to visit family/friends, especially when my hubby was working.
This could be a reason for the letter that went out to residents of Raglan St asking if anything was seen/heard that night. Everyone is assuming that Oak Rd playing fields were the scene of whatever may have taken place that night, an empty house could be an obvious destination

Has there been any indication that PR did any taxi work, or is this just speculation?.

Speculation, prompted by the comments from his mother about not knowing if PR worked part-time as a taxi driver, but he would do anything to make extra cash for his family. You wouldn't say that spontaneously, so obviously in response to questions from the media.

Speculation, prompted by the comments from his mother about not knowing if PR worked part-time as a taxi driver, but he would do anything to make extra cash for his family. You wouldn't say that spontaneously, so obviously in response to questions from the media.
The ‘illegal taxi work’ story may have been just something that PR told his family - and the police - to justify why Libby was in his car. It does not necessarily mean that he actually worked as a secret cabbie.

It’s sad and worrying to see things slowing down ... I hope the police meant what they said in the last presser - that it’s lots of behind the scenes work for now. As oppose to it coming to a halt.

I do think P being up in court early March should ignite a media spark again if we’ve heard nothing before then.

I keep changing my mind on theories, but having been in LS situation as a student myself - in that I’ve been turned away from a club in the past for being drunk - I can well imagine her friend put her in that taxi advising the driver she needed to go home. Even giving him their address. I know some suggested LS wasn’t too drunk in the Welly CCTV vid, but in watching the cleaned up footage on the Daily Mail she was well and truly intoxicated.

So LS gets dropped off home and think ‘eh? What do I want to stop the party for?! It’s early.’ It’s very possible the thought crosses her mind as she’s heading for the front door and thinks ‘sod this’ ... turns around and heads back out. A friends house, food, another club, a bar ... just anywhere not to end the night early and alone. I was often very drunk but far from tired. The party had only just started and I would have gone out in search for a good night.

Regarding her running through the park, it was interesting to see a pic of the pond covered in ice and snow (thanks, I can’t recall who posted it). With a dusting of snow on the ground and the ice covered pond, it would be harder to differentiate between the two in the dark. That still doesn’t explain the lack of a body though as they seem to have thoroughly searched the pond.

I’ve been on WS in the past when it’s come up in google searches but this is the first thread/s I’ve followed closely and posted on. So much amazing knowledge from so many people including locals prepared to take share insights (almost getting run over in the process!) and @hitthenick with outstanding car knowledge. I’m genuinely blown away at such in depth insights. I do hope the police have equally qualified professionals comparing cctv footage, otherwise Nick, they need your services!

I also read the entire thread of susan in Scotland - thank you to whoever shared the link here. What an incredible online community.

The ‘illegal taxi work’ story may have been just something that PR told his family - and the police - to justify why Libby was in his car. It does not necessarily mean that he actually worked as a secret cabbie.
The taxi thing is pure speculation.

I do not recall seeing anything resembling evidence of this idea.

It’s sad and worrying to see things slowing down ... I hope the police meant what they said in the last presser - that it’s lots of behind the scenes work for now. As oppose to it coming to a halt.

I do think P being up in court early March should ignite a media spark again if we’ve heard nothing before then.

I keep changing my mind on theories, but having been in LS situation as a student myself - in that I’ve been turned away from a club in the past for being drunk - I can well imagine her friend put her in that taxi advising the driver she needed to go home. Even giving him their address. I know some suggested LS wasn’t too drunk in the Welly CCTV vid, but in watching the cleaned up footage on the Daily Mail she was well and truly intoxicated.

So LS gets dropped off home and think ‘eh? What do I want to stop the party for?! It’s early.’ It’s very possible the thought crosses her mind as she’s heading for the front door and thinks ‘sod this’ ... turns around and heads back out. A friends house, food, another club, a bar ... just anywhere not to end the night early and alone. I was often very drunk but far from tired. The party had only just started and I would have gone out in search for a good night.

Regarding her running through the park, it was interesting to see a pic of the pond covered in ice and snow (thanks, I can’t recall who posted it). With a dusting of snow on the ground and the ice covered pond, it would be harder to differentiate between the two in the dark. That still doesn’t explain the lack of a body though as they seem to have thoroughly searched the pond.

I’ve been on WS in the past when it’s come up in google searches but this is the first thread/s I’ve followed closely and posted on. So much amazing knowledge from so many people including locals prepared to take share insights (almost getting run over in the process!) and @hitthenick with outstanding car knowledge. I’m genuinely blown away at such in depth insights. I do hope the police have equally qualified professionals comparing cctv footage, otherwise Nick, they need your services!

I also read the entire thread of susan in Scotland - thank you to whoever shared the link here. What an incredible online community.

If the pond was frozen over that night (and still the next day) would it not have been obvious that someone had entered it (hole in the ice, thiner layer etc if it had refrozen)? Makes me think of looking for disgarded evidence at a later date rather than LS.

I lay in bed the other night and also read the entire thread about Susan McLean. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read and it restored my faith in us as human beings. Thanks for mentioning it on this thread.

I lay in bed the other night and also read the entire thread about Susan McLean. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever read and it restored my faith in us as human beings. Thanks for mentioning it on this thread.

I'm so glad it's not just me being overdramatic or stupidly sentimental! It really is amazing and those extra special posters can never be thanked enough, in my opinion. I think it's because we have so many "feet on the ground" for Libby that I'm making the comparison. Really shows what good humans can do, among all the darkness we deal with here.

I read it in work the other day. What was originally going to be a quick flick through to get the general idea, soon turned into a marathon, I just couldn’t stop reading. So unfortunately I didn’t get much work done that afternoon but did have the pleasure of reading a truly heartwarming, if tragic, story.

Many thanks to the user who first mentioned it, I believe it was Cagney?

Many thanks to the user who first mentioned it, I believe it was Cagney?

'Twas indeed me. I'm like the Websleuths tourist board, Aberfeldy branch lol. HH & LJ will see any comments posted on there, they are both still around from time to time.

Found Deceased - UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Sorry for derailing Libby's thread but it's at times like this, when things get quiet, that it's perfect for a bit of uplifting reading. Only 42 pages too, not a patch on what we've covered here!

Not visited these LS threads for about a week now, it seems to have slowed down a hell of a lot.
So what’s the latest? Any more updates? What’s happening with Mr Poland? Personally I don’t think he’s directly responsible for Libby’s disappearance.
Surely now it’s all pointing to Libby being in the water somewhere, possibly out at sea now?

Very sad, bless her.
@TheTruthWillOut can you post your GIF in the media thread please
@Strontium69 and @scootermuppet some of your videos please
Anyone else with photos from the park etc
Anything we've missed!

/crawls from under back wheels of pick-up to respond...

I'm doing it I'm doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members