Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I had read, and it's been awhile back, the person she was allegedly seeing was questioned and cleared. I don't know though for sure if she was actually seeing him, or if he was just a friend. It was never clear that their relationship was a friendship or dating.
Police say they have a suspect in Riverside woman’s disappearance

Cheryl Coker had begun dating and met a man she liked at Julia’s Nite Club in Miami Twp. Police have also questioned him and say he has been fully cooperative.

Did she meet at an encounter or a dating site,
Also after reading over all our posts for the umteenth time I think I figured out why the family was silient all these months, remember back when william did that WHIO interview and when asked he refused to say for fear of hurting his daughter, so was this the launching pad of a direct order from him , say nothing do nothing so we don’t hurt the daughter,
But if that’s the case and even what he said in the interview, kids today will get all the info they want off the internet, so what’s he protecting her from, ???
I don't think she met this man online, but honestly, I don't remember many details given out at that time. They really haven't given out many details about their personal lives, and I hesitate to speculate on things because there isn't enough information to form an opinion one way or another.

I have no idea what he even means about protecting his daughter. He took her on that trip with his girlfriend, came back the night before Cheryl went missing, then coincidentally, she went missing the next day. How can he protect her from that? His silence only adds fuel to the fire- he certainly not coming across as a loving husband or concerned husband, anyway. This sounds more like the Anna Maciejewska case to me, in terms of Cheryl's disappearance and the husband staying mum about things. Anna's body still hasn't been found, and they just recently got a warrant to check her condo out, after all of this time! We haven't heard if LE found anything in Anna's condo. We haven't heard anything about what LE found in Cheryl and Bill's home in terms of evidence. Very frustrating, but I am sure eventually we will know the details when the suspect is arrested. I am keeping in mind, that we might be suspecting the wrong person, too- time will tell, but sometimes, who you think is guilty turns out innocent and someone else did the evil deed. I don't believe that myself, but for now, we have to keep our minds open a little, as there is that possibility.

I am asking other sleuths who have investigated other cases, when the police the other day stated they have a suspect in Cheryl’s case how much longer before we know who it is and when the arrest will take place
I always thought once named a suspect all that was left was to arrest the individual
Any thoughts on their LE thought process
IMO they are teasing him. I doubt they will name him before he's arrested and that could take some time. They were sending a message to him and anyone who is covering for him JMO.

Actually, she was dating the guy - even saying where she met the guy. They haven't said that person is cleared only that he was cooperative.

Cheryl Coker: Police confirm they have suspect in missing woman's case

Cheryl Coker, too, had begun dating, and met a man she liked at Julia's Nite Club in Miami Township. Police have also questioned him and say he has been fully cooperative.​
Ooops, thanks for posting this. I will edit my post about him being cleared. Like I said, it's been awhile since I read about it.

My fellow sleuths , I was curious and if it’s possible to answer what are your feelings to date , do you think Cheryl is still alive and left on her own.
After reading and rereading everything I still get this feeling she’s alive , that she had enough , I know her friends and family state she would not do that, but there are things that happen to an individual to protect their survival and mental health.
I hope she is alive, but if she did leave on own she would be charged with a crime
That age old saying you’ll never know what goes on behind closed doors

My fellow sleuths , I was curious and if it’s possible to answer what are your feelings to date , do you think Cheryl is still alive and left on her own.
After reading and rereading everything I still get this feeling she’s alive , that she had enough , I know her friends and family state she would not do that, but there are things that happen to an individual to protect their survival and mental health.
I hope she is alive, but if she did leave on own she would be charged with a crime
I really feel that she is deceased. Otherwise, LE wouldn't have made a statement that they have a suspect.

Before hearing that they had a suspect- it could have gone either way. We didn't have enough evidence to support her being alive or deceased. For them to say they have a suspect, tells me, anyway, that she is no longer alive. I would love to be wrong, though.

I really feel that she is deceased. Otherwise, LE wouldn't have made a statement that they have a suspect.

Before hearing that they had a suspect- it could have gone either way. We didn't have enough evidence to support her being alive or deceased. For them to say they have a suspect, tells me, anyway, that she is no longer alive. I would love to be wrong, though.
I agree. LE for the most part have been pretty quiet. IMO they had a reason for doing this interview. I think the detective had a purpose for everything he said and I don't think it was necessarily to give the public new information.

I know the police are hush hush, but could they throw everyone a curve and name her as the suspect

Everything is pointing to her being dead. Everything is pointing to the usual suspect. This case feels a lot like the Krista Sypher case out of Wisconsin.

That said there are two things that give me a slight pause. First, there is another male in the picture and we know little to nothing about him and as pointed out previously the statistics on women being murdered by a male they know means this simply can't be dismissed out of hand. Second, I have been surprised that her lawyer had not moved to dismiss Cheryl's divorce case rather than continue the case. It is a relatively simple matter to refile later and there is no prejudice with the court in doing so rather than the lawyer continuing to earn fees and billable hours against Cheryl's retainer. I don't know what ethics apply in this situation to understand why her case is being handled this way.

I saw a post where she was on match.com is this where she met him, or did she go trolling at Julia’s club.
Is this reason why bill did not want to speculate during his tv interview
Is it possible she drove to the Kroger parking lot and met up with the mystery man, and from here her status is in a grey area
Do you think her mom knows more than what she is letting on, she’s been awful quiet

I saw a post where she was on match.com is this where she met him, or did she go trolling at Julia’s club.
Is this reason why bill did not want to speculate during his tv interview
Is it possible she drove to the Kroger parking lot and met up with the mystery man, and from here her status is in a grey area
Do you think her mom knows more than what she is letting on, she’s been awful quiet
I think the detective said she met him at the club. IMO Bill was trying to throw suspicion off of himself in a way he imagined would give the impression of taking the higher ground while simultaneously trying to cause others to question Cheryl's character.

I think if the mystery man had anything to do with Cheryl's disappearance, Bill's actions and reactions to her disappearance would've been much different than they've been. As for Cheryl's mom, she probably knows more than we do and was told not to release that information. I also think she is devastated and doesn't know how to deal with the situation.

After spending a lot of time on the Coker case and being a long time resident of Riverside Ohio, I never realized until now that Riverside encompasses 9 square miles , population of approx, 25,094, we have 12 registered sex offenders residing around us effective 18 feb 2019, our crime rate is 65.2 % higher than comparable cities, and in Dayton area Riverside ranks 3 rd for most crime with the city of Dayton #1 and Fairborn Ohio #2
And I wonder why our small police dept is swamped, god love these guys.
So making comparison with Coker case , with these crime statistics as high as they are there could be other variables involved the the Coker case
With these statistics if a outside stranger danger was the cause of Cheryl’s disappearance, I could understand but the way this case is going it’s an internal breakdown of a family, if that’s the case there is no excuse for internal family violence to this degree, my feeling is the time leading up to Cheryl’s disappearance and a couple with 19 years of marriage which resulted in this they both needed a good kick in the butt or a tractor to pull their heads out
Shame on them for creating a situation that takes resources away from “real” stranger danger crimes......
I am presently upgrading my security and self defense for my home here in a Riverside.

In posting #789, they talk about Cheryl’s divorce lawyer, with her lawyer still keeping her case open (billable hours), does he know something the rest don’t, with client attorney privilege , could she still be alive and with client privilege he couldn’t say anything, or am I wrong

That doesn't surprise me. That's a messed up thing to do. Definitely think Bill's emotions were high during that time, and felt he was justified in bringing the gf because mom had just dumped him.
Do you know when Cheryl decided to pull out of the Florida vacation plans? Or where they specifically went in Florida?

If no one has answered this, I believe they, husband et. al., left for FL on Thursday 9/27) before Cheryl disappeared. They returned Mon. 10/1 around 11pm. Cheryl not heard from after 7:45am Tues 10/2 per Det. Abney in local media interview all electronic communication from her abruptly stopped around that time. So also per Search Warrant affidavit, William stated he did not speak to Cheryl on 10/1 Mon eve when he returned from FL at 11pm. He went to bed in the basement. So that's pretty suspicious. They were the only 2 at the residence it seems.
I dont know when Cheryl pulled out of the vacation. But my theory is when she decided to file for divorce because he would not give up gf and try to work on their marriage. But Cheryl was on vacation from work those same days so she originally planned on going. She was due back at work that Tuesday morning she disappeared.

Can you clarify something for me? Are you saying that when this person reported the bicycle stolen a detective came there and started asking this person about Cheryl or things related to Cheryl? Or, is it just that the detective who came to investigate the stolen bicycle just so happens to be one of the detectives that has been named as working on Cheryl's case?

The Riverside resident recognized the detective as one of those who had been named in the news as working on the Coker case. But there was no connection with the stolen bicycle.

I agree. LE for the most part have been pretty quiet. IMO they had a reason for doing this interview. I think the detective had a purpose for everything he said and I don't think it was necessarily to give the public new information.

The statement that LE had a suspect also caught my attention due to the fact that LE never specified a crime. You can't have a suspect without a crime. So they are convinced that some crime took place. Knowing what crime LE believes took place would be as helpful as knowing the suspect they have in mind. I agree with others that LE is making the assumption that Cheryl Coker has been murdered. I also agree that whether they have a suspect or not, the interview was an attempt to either get more tips or spook someone into taking an injudicious action that will betray him/her.

So at this point we are not sure if Williams POI status changed to suspect or is there someone else who graduated to the top of the list
Playing games like this only puts everyone else at risk, what happens if their so called suspect snaps one day and injuries the innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam