UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I’m pretty sure after the trial where he is hopefully found guilty the full facts of this boys past will aloud to be made public and any sympathy had for him will disappear, also question marks over family dynamics will be made clear. What happens in the dark comes to light.

I have heard about some of his past (rumours etc) but obviously I won't say on here. I am unsure that this info will be talked about publically after his trial though.

Is there an estimated time frame of when the case will end? I know that the prosecution will likely conclude tomorrow morning but I’m unsure of how long a defence usually takes in these types of cases.

Yeah I was wondering what he expected. We didn’t get any reports that the court opened till 10.45am today and by 3pm it was finished. What was he expecting the judge to say?

It is rather strange. This is not the barristers first case and he will be very well versed on the sitting times in Court. He would also be aware of the procedures for processing the accused. There appears to be nothing out of the norm than what you would expect in a high profile murder trial. So why raise it?

I am not familiar with the criminal procedure in Scotland but wonder if there is any provision in respect of an accused appearing in Court via videolink? I am wondering if this is a way of not having him in the Courtroom (and under the scrutiny of the jury) when the final prosecution witness is called tomorrow?

All IMO

Is there an estimated time frame of when the case will end? I know that the prosecution will likely conclude tomorrow morning but I’m unsure of how long a defence usually takes in these types of cases.

The estimate for the length of the trial was 2 weeks. We still have the prosecution to finish, the defence to open, defence witnesses to be called and cross examined, then the prosecution, defence and judge's summing up. This suggests to me that the defence has very little to bring to the table and very few witnesses.

I don't expect horrific crimes to be committed by people who look unattractive or dodgy/shady in some way - I was just commenting that the general perception of the accused looks and demeanor/way he talks looks unassuming and normal. People do judge based on outer signs like appearance and facial expressions, and a lot do expect a dangerous person to look 'dangerous' in some way. Obv this is not the case in reality.Therefore it's disturbing to think anyone could do something like this and most people around them wouldn't have even have had a chance to be suspicious and on guard with them.

Please don’t be offended as that was not my intention, just an observation regarding human nature that’s all

Near the end of this article is the write-up of the mother's testimony.

Pathologist 'had never seen anything like' injuries found on body of Alesha MacPhail | Daily Mail Online

I'm struck that when she's talking to her son about the CCTV and DNA she has "his uncle and a friend" present. Did she do this to say how bad things looked for him and give himself up. Did she want reinforcements for protection if he lost his temper? I think that she mentioned the DNA to him is more like "the jig is up" and you're not going to get away from this. Just My Opinion

I have searched back to last July but can no longer find the comment reported from grandmother re hearing Alesha call out for Peppa Pig, just after midnight. If I recall correctly, the complete comment was that grandmother heard her call out but thought she was just talking in her sleep, so didn't go to see her.
She was clearly very upset when talking about this, as she believed that what she had actually heard was Alesha being taken from the flat.

It stayed in my mind at the beginning of this trial, when we learnt that the abduction seems to have happened after 2am and I thought, I do hope that might help her grandmother, just a little bit, to know that all she heard at that time was simply Alesha talking in her sleep.

I can only suspect that this comment has been pulled from msm - does happen and can be quite frustrating.

Thankyou so much for making the effort. I would imagine McConnachie QC could make a big deal out of this. For example, he could suggest the timing of the child calling for peppa pig coincided with Ms Toni McLachlan entering the child's attic bedroom and switching off the peppa pig dvd...he could suggest that this was indeed the moment the child was taken from her bed...and he could even suggest the grandmother might just assumed the time to be midnight or thereafter, in other words creating uncertainty about the actual time the event took place.

Forgive me for looking at this from all angles but it is absolutely crucial that the psychopath who carried out this truly horrendous act must be caught with absolute certainty. So far the evidence certainly suggests the accused is guilty but the defence claims he was framed so we simply must explore all possibilities if only to eliminate any doubt whatsoever.

Near the end of this article is the write-up of the mother's testimony.

Pathologist 'had never seen anything like' injuries found on body of Alesha MacPhail | Daily Mail Online

I'm struck that when she's talking to her son about the CCTV and DNA she has "his uncle and a friend" present. Did she do this to say how bad things looked for him and give himself up. Did she want reinforcements for protection if he lost his temper? I think that she mentioned the DNA to him is more like "the jig is up" and you're not going to get
away from this. Just My Opinion

I believe that too but her mentioning it previously means it could reasonably be assumed she could have instigated the search. IF she didn’t already say this it would have been very damning for him

The defence said things at the start of the trial it shall be interesting to see if they have anything to back it up, the prosecution has had there say almost , the defence must have theres, looking at it from a legal point of view

Okay no problem, I just wanted to clarify incase my prior post had been misinterpreted or taken the wrong way :)

Not at all I knew what you meant I’m sorry my bad. if I came across snippy I truely didn’t mean it to be Was actually agreeing with you if only murderers looked like murderers then we’d all be a lot safer :)

So what the gran heard was possibly Alesha getting taken away?

It really depends on how accurate the timing / her memory was -
the quote from her said just after midnight - but I can appreciate that this might be her best recollection and it could in fact have been later than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have him guilty so far, but defence have already pulled out witness at the start so there might be more to come, as for the isle of bute it is a mixed class island, there are very wealthy people there as well as very poor people, but if you were ever waiting for a council house, you would not be waiting long to get one on bute, Keeping to facts

The population of scotland is not as big as england, with less crimes, so scotland does not need as many prisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle