Found Deceased KY - Shannon Harkins Wombles, 44, car found abandoned, Flat Lick, Knox County, 28 Dec 2018

Woman found dead in a shallow creek, police investigating

BARBOURVILLE, Ky. (WYMT) Kentucky State Police opened a death investigation Monday into a woman's death.

2-18-19+Picture+(1).jpg

Just before noon investigators say, they received a call about a body being found just outside of Barbourville in a shallow creek.

The woman's body was found off Ed Harp Lane in a wooded area.

Police say it is unclear whether foul play was involved so they are interviewing people within the area.

"Obviously it's a very sad situation and we want to get that information to the family and find out exactly what happened here," says Trooper Shane Jacobs.

State troopers are working with Knox County officials to determine if it might be related to any missing person cases.

Just last week we reported on the disappearance of Shannon Harkins Wombles. As of now, it is unclear if the two cases are connected.

The woman's body was sent to Frankfort to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy and to positively identify the woman.

Knox County, Ky Sheriff's Department

FROM THE KENTUCKY STATE POLICE/KNOX COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

UPDATE ON DECEASED WOMAN FOUND:
On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 the autopsy positively identified the body of a woman found in a shallow creek at the end of Ed Harp Lane in a wooded area on Monday February 18, 2019.

Knox County Deputy Coroner pronounced the female deceased at the scene as 43 year old Shannon Harkins Wombles of Flat Lick, Ky.

Ms. Harkins was reported missing to the Knox County Sheriff’s Department on February 12, 2019 by her son. KSP was notified that the Knox County Sheriff’s Department towed in a vehicle belonging to Ms. Harkins that was located at the end of Ed Harp Lane on January 7, 2019.

The autopsy showed that Ms. Harkins had no trauma to her body. At this time, drowning and hypothermia can’t be ruled out due to not having a time line on how long the body had been outside. KSP is waiting on toxicology reports which will take approximately two weeks.

KSP is continuing to investigate when Ms. Harkins went missing and how her body ended up approximately 150 yards from where the vehicle was located on January 7th.
The case is still under investigation by Det. Justin Barton.

4ABFAD8B-66CA-4A63-83E1-EBC7DDF2F0A4.jpeg

Her SO was in jail for meth possession and DUI of the same I assume. Husband is currently in custody for other charges. The carpets in the car sound IMO like someone looking for drugs hidden in the car. I sure hope this wasn’t an OD situation but hopefully LE will clear up whether the boyfriend was in custody or not. Praying for justice!

Her SO was in jail for meth possession and DUI of the same I assume. Husband is currently in custody for other charges. The carpets in the car sound IMO like someone looking for drugs hidden in the car. I sure hope this wasn’t an OD situation but hopefully LE will clear up whether the boyfriend was in custody or not. Praying for justice!
The fact that it appears there is no outward trauma to her body according to LE, makes me very suspect of an OD also.

The fact that it appears there is no outward trauma to her body according to LE, makes me very suspect of an OD also.
Exactly, and the fact that she was found so close to her car indicates that she was running from something although without trauma. She was running from something or someone and trying to get away IMO

Exactly, and the fact that she was found so close to her car indicates that she was running from something although without trauma. She was running from something or someone and trying to get away IMO

With her bf being jailed for meth possession recently, it definitely makes me wonder if she was on it too. From what I understand, that stuff makes people extremely paranoid. She may have been running from something that wasn't even there before she wound up in the creek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back