Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one that will work, IMO. Even if they were truly playing house together, she was 13. He has no defense for that. He can’t be led to do squat by a 13 year old. He is responsible for all of his actions.

I agree. I see a variety of openings they may be trying to create and I hope I am wrong. I do not believe for one minute she was playing house. He may have been.

I agree. I see a variety of openings they may be trying to create and I hope I am wrong. I do not believe for one minute she was playing house. He may have been.
Yup. If he believed this, it was in his imagination only. Although it is possible that she eventually tried to play along in order to survive.

I really don't believe this jailhouse letter is real but I feel sure there will come a time when JP will respond to the nutcases who write to him. I imagine there will be those who send him money for the commissary and have books shipped to him. His fame will sort of guarantee that. I guess he could even marry one of them eventually since he won't be sent to SuperMax. It happens. Enraging, isn't it?

Yup. If he believed this, it was in his imagination only. Although it is possible that she eventually tried to play along in order to survive.

I agree 1000 plus percent on that. It is not exactly what I am thinking. This letter did three different things at least imo, and possibly four. But it is Radar. So who knows?

IMO. I don’t see how this letter if even real could possibly help him with his defense. Even if Jayme did do some cooking with him as he states and he thinks of her as a GF it doesn’t change the fact that he intentionally murdered her parents then hogtied her and transported her to his house against her will
Still 2 counts murder and 1 kidnapping
What am I missing?

As a parent I can think of many things my child could do that would upset and appall me. Those would certainly include the horrible crimes done by JP but I can't think of any circumstances where I wouldn't show up for her. I can't think of a time I wouldn't tell her I love her given the opportunity. I would visit every chance I got and try to help her examine where she went wrong and repent for her crimes. In this case I would expect her to pay the price and stay in jail for life but I would want to help her live the best life she could under those circumstances and hope that she would ask God and her victims' forgiveness......but that's just me.
Oh yes! This Exactly!! ❤

Stay home and visit JP in jail
I would not do this .I would absolutely attend every hearing, trial, etc possible. I love my children and I will always be there for them . They would 100% know they were wrong and would pay whatever price necessary They would know they hurt me and disappointed me, and they will see me cry. But I would never just sit home. I would be there. FOR them.

I would not do this .I would absolutely attend every hearing, trial, etc possible. I love my children and I will always be there for them . They would 100% know they were wrong and would pay whatever price necessary They would know they hurt me and disappointed me, and they will see me cry. But I would never just sit home. I would be there. FOR them.

Yes! How could we not, IowaMom?

I would encourage my child to plea out if I knew they were guilty. I would still love them because my love for my children really is unconditional. I would most certainly be concerned for their mental health too.
But I would encourage them to admit to what they had done.

I would encourage my child to plea out if I knew they were guilty. I would still love them because my love for my children really is unconditional. I would most certainly be concerned for their mental health too.
But I would encourage them to admit to what they had done.

Me too, kkdj, because forgiveness can only come after repentance and we wouldn't want our children to live without forgiveness.

From CRIMEONLINE: ‘Me and Jayme cooked a bunch of stuff’: Jayme Closs’ alleged kidnapper writes jailhouse letter, draws hearts around young girl’s name [Report]
The letter also described how Patterson hated himself for what he did, but he acknowledged his family still supports him. He also reportedly wrote that “not a single” person has sent him hate mail, unless the letters were thrown out by authorities before he could read them.

“I went from never committing a crime or really doing anything bad to doing the worst thing a human can do. Just one big f–k up ha ha.”

See the full letter here (RadarOnline)
View attachment 169698
If authentic, at least we know that JP is not criminally insane, and will face and receive just punishment.

He acknowledged he did the worst thing a human can do -- and that makes me hopeful that he will plead guilty.

Summary of his letter:

1. Family supports me even though I don't deserve it;
2. Not receiving hate mail -- maybe I've been forgotten;
3. I hate myself enough for everybody anyway;
4. I went from never committing a crime, to doing the worst thing a human can do;
5. He has never hunted, although popular where he lives;
6. He loves dogs;
7. Thanks for writing - letter made him less sad.

JP's expressions are completely self centered. I believe JP has regret, but NO remorse. Remorse comes from true empathy for the pain that other person is feeling because of your actions.

We know what he did, and what he has said. IMO, his profile is another repeat of psychopathy that has become far too familiar to us. JP is done, and I'm done with him too.

I found the following article to be a good read, with great references.

Failures of empathy: The killer with no remorse (Psychopathy) | Emotion on the Brain

Last edited:
If authentic, at least we know that JP is not criminally insane, and will face and receive just punishment.

He acknowledged he did the worst thing a human can do -- and that makes me hopeful that he will plead guilty.

Summary of his letter:

1. Family supports me even though I don't deserve it;
2. Not receiving hate mail -- maybe I've been forgotten;
3. I hate myself enough for everybody anyway;
4. I went from never committing a crime, to doing the worst thing a human can do;
5. He has never hunted, although popular where he lives;
6. He loves dogs;
7. Thanks for writing - letter made him less sad.

JP's expressions are completely self centered. I believe JP has regret, but NO remorse. Remorse comes from true empathy for the pain that other person is feeling because of your actions.

We know what he did, and what he has said. IMO, his profile is another repeat of psychopathy that has become far too familiar to us. JP is done, and I'm done with him too.

I found the following article to be a good read, with great references.

Failures of empathy: The killer with no remorse (Psychopathy) | Emotion on the Brain
If this letter is in fact genuine, I agree, and think it’s a pretty clear indication that he intends to plead guilty.

All about him.

Expect anything different? I think I can speak for all of us when I say “NO!”

His regret, if this is a letter from him, is that he got caught and that Jayme escaped alive, IMO.

I've been aware of the RO " news" since early this AM but have reasons to think it's either manipulative towards a second young female of about 13 years old, or that it's a fake.
I have some doubts as to the authenticity of the letter, because, to be honest, it's written on about a 13 year old level.

The US is full of 13 year olds, and this may be an intercepted outgoing piece of mail published online through some shady way.but it contains a melange' of very immature sentence structures and also a very juvenile way to describe " life" in that cabin. He seems eager to emphasize that he's an animal lover. There was an anecdote published in one of the news sources in an interview with a former HS classmate who said he was violent once that he could remember. It was when there was a statement thrown out which seemed callous regarding the treatment of one of the boys' dogs. Jake jumped on him and hit him, and said that he wouldn't tolerate anyone hurting a dog.

The word usage in this missive and the topics covered, as I said, are extremely below what I'd expect from a 21 years old incarcerated prisoner charged with 2 double murders ,as he is.
I am not insinuating that he should have the vocabulary or thought patterns of an Oxford scholar, just that he seems either to be totally disingenuous, or that he's not the author of the letter but a high school freshman might have, or that he's writing to another young girl about 13 years old.

There have been no hints of developmental delays throughout his school history, but the drawings are usually seen on letters in the 13 year old range as well, as I can remember from writing to someone in the Army when I was around that age.

I didn't draw anything, but he'd sometimes draw an intricate dragon or similar on his letters. He was 17 or 18 at the time.
He was not in combat at any time during his years of service, not that it's a salient fact, but the point is that he was not under undue stress or external pressure related to combat, but had an extremely boring 3 years with fellow reg. Army recruits guarding a structure which was within US territory ( at that time).

Patterson's not delusional, he's lying, IMO, about the " stuff" he does/ did with JC. There seem to be some tense shifts as well, which is more typical in the writing of a younger person than a 21 year old. He's imagining, then describing, what he wishes had happened more than what actually did occur there.

The reference to the killing of the Closs parents is incongruent with the rest of the letter, and this is what causes me to doubt the veracity of the written piece.
However, the mind of a compulsive killer is not an ordered mind and one would expect his ' normal" to be quite different from the " normal" of non-criminal 21 years old. The " voice" seems much more feminine than masculine. I'm not going to speculate why, except that it may have been written by a female if a fake, or, as I said earlier, it could have been written to a girl much younger, more similar to JC's age and interests.

I still have doubts because of the immaturity and mixed dialogue about silly things interspersed with sentences referencing the murders of the Closs parents. USUALLY, if a compulsive killer writes a letter which ends up in the public domain for one reason or another, it is to a person or people he believes can help him in some way. Manipulation is still part of the killer's bag of tricks.

I'm actually not sure that it matters if Patterson wrote this or if it's a fraudulent letter. Nothing has changed.. He's exactly the same person he was when he killed James and Denise and kidnapped their child, and no amount of corny words in silly letters will change those facts.

Life Without Parole is exactly what he must be sentenced to in order to keep the very young victim safe for the rest of her life.

Respectfully, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member