The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are You Carrying the Redhead Gene?

So each Parent needs to carry the recessive gene

Red is recessive. Husband has brown hair that develops red highlights in the sun, my FIL had pale orange hair; my maternal grandfather Irish red hair, paternal grandmother Scots red. My sister has auburn hair, one cousin is strawberry blonde.

My first question in the delivery room: what color is his hair?

He's blonde.

HRH Princess Anne had blonde curls as a youngster.

Princess+Anne+Prince+Charles+FILE+Queen+Elizabeth+utzeVD_Xycfl.jpg

Who can resist a Corgi, BTW?

I expect Baby Sussex will have curls & possibly red highlights in brown hair. Both parents have freckles!

I'm going to guess that this means Meghan isn't quite 8 months yet? Isn't it unusual to travel by plane after the 8 month mark? And I doubt the royal family would want baby born in the US or on a plane.

The only media report I've seen recently about Meghan's "actual" due date was a comment from George Clooney who mentioned that the Duchess of Sussex was "seven months pregnant" sometime last week. Perhaps the trip to NYC is Meghan's last "fling" before she withdraws from public appearances in anticipation of the birth of her first child.

I think most of the royal girls have Elizabeth in their names!

EDIT:

Queen Elizabeth, obvs!
Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise
Zara Anne Elizabeth
Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary
Charlotte Elizabeth Diana
Isla Elizabeth
Lena Elizabeth
Victoria Elizabeth hasn’t been used yet (which is a little surprising). Victoria Diana Elizabeth would be a fabulous name.

I think Diana would be a fabulous name for this baby. Wouldn't put it past Harry to use it either.

It’s a huge burden to put on a little one though in my opinion calling her Princess Diana who is one of the most famous women in history. She was a Lady who a very tragic life and death who was hounded by the press. Diana would make a great middle name though like Princess Charlotte.

I wonder if Doria might by in the name if it is a little girl after the Duchess’s Mother who has likely been there for her through everything.

The little baby needn't carry all of Diana's baggage, just her name. :D

Diana was a beautiful woman, IMO and as you say, one of the most famous women in history.

If you look at her lineage, she was more Royal than the Royals.

I think it would honour Princess Diana in the loveliest of ways.

Assuming its a girl. :)

The only media report I've seen recently about Meghan's "actual" due date was a comment from George Clooney who mentioned that the Duchess of Sussex was "seven months pregnant" sometime last week. Perhaps the trip to NYC is Meghan's last "fling" before she withdraws from public appearances in anticipation of the birth of her first child.

Don't she and Harry have an upcoming jaunt to Morocco?
It was stated that the only time a BRF member had visited the country previously was during the Queen's " trip from hell" as the retired staff has reported recently. The photo seems to confirm that in 1979, it was not a pleasant place to be, thus she nor her heirs have returned.
I think she's flying around much too often, but it's her body, her doctors.
The problems would probably arise if she went into labor and possibly had questionable facilities in which to labor and give birth. I admit I know next to nothing about Morocco's health system currently, but I wouldn't want to be there as close as she is to whatever due date has been decided. :)

ETA: A check on a WHO website states that Morocco has a high maternal death rate of 21 maternal deaths per 100,000 deliveries. There is no data recorded for neonatal demise. Fingers crossed they will not travel to this developing country at this time.

Last edited:
Victoria Elizabeth hasn’t been used yet (which is a little surprising). Victoria Diana Elizabeth would be a fabulous name.

We can probably blame Mrs Beckham for that haha. I have a feeling Eugenie might have Victoria as a middle name, but you’re right, could be a front runner. Alexandra is another possibility.

1FF18857-6466-455D-855B-153BC941432C.jpeg

Prince Harry showcased his paternal instincts as he visited a school in London on Tuesday.

The father-to-be delighted pupils at a school as he visited a half-term Fit and Fed initiative in Streatham.

The Duke of Sussex cut a casual appearance dressed in a pair of grey chinos and a black sweater for his engagement today.

The 34-year-old royal wore an open collared shirt, ditching a tie for a more relaxed look this morning.

Relaxed Harry cracks a smile as he visits a London school | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
You can go with April 23. Maybe I will change to May 1.

My Grandmother always used to say, "Those first babies are always the biggest, and they usually come a few months early.". Of course.

Think I said 23rd as it St Georges Day, or 21st the Queen's birthday.

Re the flying thing - when I had my youngest I was advised to have a "fit to fly" certificate from my doctor as I was about 7 months pregnant when we went on holiday. On the way home a fortnight later, at 34 weeks and suddenly huge, they were reluctant to let me fly, pointing at my tummy saying "9 months, 9 months" and insisted on getting my certificate translated and having a medic see me before letting me board.

Anyway, my point is, I doubt Meghan is over 36 weeks (the advised cut off for a long haul flight) so it seems like April it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa