UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, please don't start throwing around he has autism.
Firstly, autism is a developmental condition - not a mental health condition.
Additionally I don't think anyone is qualified to make an autism diagnosis through two short videos... just wait for post trial info to be released. Autism is not linked to violent behaviour like this either so don't draw links where none exist.

Thank you so much for saying this! The suggestion that the accused having autism could be hit with a lighter sentence, as if autism is some sort of excuse or link to murder and violence was the most ridiculous and insulting thing I have read all case.

There’s having an opinion and just being horribly misinformed about something like autism

I’m beginning to think the latter

Very poor the evidence so far although there is much ‘suggesting’ the accused did it...the prosecution probably thought the dna they are likely to produce tomorrow was the golden arrow so didn’t really work too hard on the other supporting ‘evidence’ but of course at the last minute the defence has come up with a version of events which directly tackles the prosecution’s ace in it’s hand...this could quite easily end up with a verdict of ‘not proven’ if McConnochie QC is as clever as he appears to be...

Thank you so much for saying this! The suggestion that the accused having autism could be hit with a lighter sentence, as if autism is some sort of excuse or link to murder and violence was the most ridiculous and insulting thing I have read all case.

There’s having an opinion and just being horribly misinformed about something like autism

Unfortunately ASD is widely misunderstood and generally rejected or merely tolerated in our society

I am struggling with what the person carrying alesha was wearing. I assumed they had their head covered, explains a hoody being worn by the accused. But how did no fibre transfer to her clothing? Was she wrapped in say a blanket? Was the hoody then removed at the wooded area before the rest of the crime was to take place, then be thrown onto the sea after? Regarding CCTV of shoreline I thought the figures head was covered.
CCTV of shore was not clear . Indeed it was hard to make out carrying a child let alone any features of person(s).
On here suggested hoodie may have been tied around waist is a possibility if same one accused was wearing and possibly discarded before attack to explain why there is no contamination of Aleshas clothes from hoodie. The hoodie found on beech did not come into contact with Alesha's clothes but the joggies fibers or ones from a similar pair of joggies were traceable from fibers on Aleshas clothes according to forensic testing

Indeed so it was not worn whilst carrying the little girl. The accused said he gave it to TMc...surely if she was trying to frame him she would have used it but it has come up clean assuming of course this is the actual top he left his house wearing...
Someone on here suggested maybe that the hoodie could have been tied round waist and somehow not made contacr with Alesha as a possibility to explain lack of contamination between the two as forensics have stated

One of Britain's youngest female killers revealed as 'pure evil' teen turns 18

Interesting article in the Mirror about a young 18 year old woman from Scotland who murdered somebody last year. The article claims that she was completely anonymous and banned from being named in the media during the trial but since she has turned 18, by Scottish law she can now be named. I wonder if the same is going to apply to the accused on this case, if found guilty of course.

I think the reason she'd asked him whether he knew anything about Alesha's disappearance was because he'd been in & out during the early hours & may have seen something, /QUOTE]

But wasn’t it reported that she went into his room as soon as she heard the commotion outside at 7.30am and ask him if he knew anything? This was before she had even checked the cctv. Now why would you ask your son that .. very suspicious imo.

A possible hoodie scenario:

I’m not clear where the hoodie was left in relation to the crime or when it was left. But when he left his house at around 2am, he may have been carrying his phone, wallet/cash to buy drugs, house keys, maybe lighter/cigarette papers etc. (I don’t think we know for sure whether he went straight to the victims’ house or if he briefly tried to get drugs somewhere else first.) At the point where he thought he was going to be “active” in some way (parkour/carrying out the crime) he may have removed his hoodie and placed all the items safely in the pockets for collecting later.

He then carries out the crime and returns to his house minus hoodie (possibly retrieving house keys on the way if he needs these). He showers and goes out to dispose of his contaminated clothing and returns to house. He then goes back out to retrieve the items he left in his hoodie pockets and ends up ditching the hoodie because he’s unsure if it has any cross transference dna traces from his hands.

Interesting article in the Mirror about a young 18 year old woman from Scotland who murdered somebody last year. The article claims that she was completely anonymous and banned from being named in the media during the trial but since she has turned 18, by Scottish law she can now be named. I wonder if the same is going to apply to the accused on this case, if found guilty of course.

Yes if she was named I can’t see why he won’t be.

New to this so apologies for the mess in trying to quote but .. the report says his mother, upon hearing the commotion outside at 7.30am and finding out a little girl was missing .. went to his room to ask if he knew anything. This was before she even looked at the cctv. I find that suspicious. I wouldn’t have dreamed of asking my son if he knew anything about it .. wouldn’t have crossed my mind!

Another thought too, why wasn’t the ‘special defence’ put forward when he was arrested or charged? Makes no sense leaving it until last week, I’m surprised it was accepted this late in the day!

I had already spoke about this article upthread but was removed.

Well I’m glad your in your house and not on the jury
Well, Edinlass, we are all entitled to our own opinion, as you have mentioned previously. Thus far, there has been no direct evidence at all. None. It has been circumstantial. The c.c.t.v. has been a concern, that's for sure. I have no idea whether this young lad is guilty or otherwise and I await to hear the evidence which will be presented by the defence. It is a dreadful, horrendous case. I expect that the prosecution shall present further evidence on the dna found on the body of Alesha and that could be a deciding factor for many of the jury. We are yet to hear the case for the other side. I do think that there is more to this case than we have been told. I hope for Alesha and for those who love her, that justice will be done fair and square.

New to this so apologies for the mess in trying to quote but .. the report says his mother, upon hearing the commotion outside at 7.30am and finding out a little girl was missing .. went to his room to ask if he knew anything. This was before she even looked at the cctv. I find that suspicious. I wouldn’t have dreamed of asking my son if he knew anything about it .. wouldn’t have crossed my mind!
I don’t think (on its own) this is strange behaviour. Don’t forget, the mother knew he was up in the night because she heard the boiler whilst he was showering. She also knew that he had a party and therefore may have seen or heard something. Without any knowledge of the accused’s criminal activities in the past (if any), I honestly think I would have asked my sons and daughters if they knew anything when the alarm had been raised about the disappearance of a tiny girl within a small community like that. Could be written off as the normal response of a concerned member of the community who knows her son is well connected with what’s going on around the island.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about today. It's the prosecution's last chance to prove beyond reasonable doubt the accused carried out these crimes. So far it's still looking a bit shaky for me, i'm hoping the prosecution can blow whatever the defence bring to the table out of the water.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about today. It's the prosecution's last chance to prove beyond reasonable doubt the accused carried out these crimes. So far it's still looking a bit shaky for me, i'm hoping the prosecution can blow whatever the defence bring to the table out of the water.

Once the DNA evidence comes through we should be on more solid ground. Hopefully, Alesha's DNA was recovered from his bathroom, then the defence has no room for
manoeuvre.

How is that possible and why wasn't his t=shirt tested

Possibly took the hoodie off early, on the beach, right after leaving McPhail home - and the small amount of traces there might have been got washed away ?

re the t shirt - I don't know - that is indeed odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members